What's new

Ricky shoot around comments to media

The only think I need to know about Ricky I get from looking at DMs stats with and without Ricky. I like Ricky, and think he is pretty good, but DM is much better as PG and with being the primary ball handler.
Lmao. You know the stats say the opposite?

Its amazing that people on this board beleive that a guy on a "good deal" somehow becomes less likely to be traded.
We tried to use Rubio to get an upgrade because he is a starter who makes $15. If he was a bench player making less than $10, I think our front office would view him as closer to an untouchable.

Exum is a bench player making less than $10 and he is the reason we don't have Conley. Sure he has upside, but we also know his contract doesnt have negative value. Udoh and Thabo are other examples of guys we never even used in public trade talks because their value seems totally acceptable by our FO.

If Rubio leaves for more money and a starting job, so be it. However, I dont see a team that wants to start him and pay him a multiyear deal making what he is making now.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Its amazing that people on this board beleive that a guy on a "good deal" somehow becomes less likely to be traded.

Well i mean i guess the best thing to do would be to look at all the trades that just happened.
How many of the trades had the main piece of the trade being a player on a good contract? I define good contract as a player who is young or in his prime on a multiple year deal who is underpaid. So how many trades that just happened involved a player like that?

Would the clippers have traded tobias harris if he were on a 4 year 40 million dollar deal? I doubt it cause that would be dumb. If he was on a contract of that nature then it would help the clipppers to be able to add max type players to their team.

Would washington have traded porter if he were making 10 million per year for multiple years? Im gonna say no.

Would memphis have been looking to trade conley of his deal were 2 years at 15 million per year? Maybe cause maybe they want to tank. Of course conley is past his prime.

If teams called up the jazz to make a trade im guessing that the guys that they would be willing to trade dont include their good young guys on cheap deals.

I didnt follow all the trades very closely though. Maybe you can list a bunch of guys on good deals who were traded at the deadline this year to help prove your point better.

Well i mean i guess the best thing to do would be to look at all the trades that just happened.
How many of the trades had the main piece of the trade being a player on a good contract? I define good contract as a player who is young or in his prime on a multiple year deal who is underpaid. So how many trades that just happened involved a player like that?

Would the clippers have traded tobias harris if he were on a 4 year 40 million dollar deal? I doubt it cause that would be dumb. If he was on a contract of that nature then it would help the clipppers to be able to add max type players to their team.

Would washington have traded porter if he were making 10 million per year for multiple years? Im gonna say no.

Would memphis have been looking to trade conley of his deal were 2 years at 15 million per year? Maybe cause maybe they want to tank. Of course conley is past his prime.

If teams called up the jazz to make a trade im guessing that the guys that they would be willing to trade dont include their good young guys on cheap deals.

I didnt follow all the trades very closely though. Maybe you can list a bunch of guys on good deals who were traded at the deadline this year to help prove your point better.
Good post. Logic, examples, everything.

Good post. Logic, examples, everything.

And certainly guys on good deals do get traded. And guys on horrible deals like love and wall are hard to trade.
But I think as the contact gets better the more untouchable the player becomes.

Im thinking if you made a list of the 20 absolute best contracts in the league that those dudes would be extremely unlikely to be traded.

If you made a list of the 20 worst contracts in the league those dudes would probably be hard to trade but could happen. I could see a guy like love getting traded for example but have a really hard time seeing a guy like Donovan Mitchell getting traded.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When a player outperforms their contract they become a positive asset, assets are tradeable.

Utah have no assets because no one is outperforming their contracts.

Using examples of guys getting 70% less than market value isn't realistic but the player you chose to use in Harris has already been traded multiple times.

It's not just value here in this situation. Salaries have to match close enough for the deal to be approved. Conley makes a lot, so a lot of salary has to go. Utah in seeking a point guard on the table, pretty much had to offer their point guard and extras to get the salaries to match as well as not create an imbalance in positions within our roster.

I don't think saying no about Exum was as much because Exum is untouchable as it was saying that Exum plus the offer of (whoever was offered) is too much. Some of the conclusions about Exum and his perceived value compared to others seems to be taking something that happened out of it's context and trying to derive truth from it.

It only makes sense within the confines of the deal. It in no way means the FO thinks Exum by himself is valued as more important than Conley.

When a player outperforms their contract they become a positive asset, assets are tradeable.

Utah have no assets because no one is outperforming their contracts.

Lol at your comment about no one on the jazz outperforming their contracts.
Royce, DM, and Rudy are all outperforming their contracts without a doubt by miles.
Crowder, and Joe are outperforming their contracts by a little bit.

As for your first sentence I totally agree. But outperforming your contract also makes your current team want to keep you more. Do you disagree with that or do you think teams try hard to unload their positive assets?

I will wait for your list of players on good contracts who just got traded at the deadline btw.

It's not just value here in this situation. Salaries have to match close enough for the deal to be approved. Conley makes a lot, so a lot of salary has to go. Utah in seeking a point guard on the table, pretty much had to offer their point guard and extras to get the salaries to match as well as not create an imbalance in positions within our roster.

I don't think saying no about Exum was as much because Exum is untouchable as it was saying that Exum plus the offer of (whoever was offered) is too much. Some of the conclusions about Exum and his perceived value compared to others seems to be taking something that happened out of it's context and trying to derive truth from it.

It only makes sense within the confines of the deal. It in no way means the FO thinks Exum by himself is valued as more important than Conley.
Ya Exum shouldn't even be looked at in this discussion imo since it isn't clear if he is on a good contract or bad one. Many people think his contract is horrible. Some think it's a great deal for the jazz. Others think it's right at what it should be.

Lol at your comment about no one on the jazz outperforming their contracts.
Royce, DM, and Rudy are all outperforming their contracts without a doubt by miles.
Crowder, and Joe are outperforming their contracts by a little bit.

As for your first sentence I totally agree. But outperforming your contract also makes your current team want to keep you more. Do you disagree with that or do you think teams try hard to unload their positive assets?

I will wait for your list of players on good contracts who just got traded at the deadline btw.

Fish is crushing this conversation.

I'm not going to consider rookie deals, but Rudy, Jae, and Joe are definitely out-playing their contracts.

Well stuck to the FO from his PoV. Ricky has been a pro since age what 14? He is too experienced to feel emotional for that kind of sh**. I bet some stuff went down behind the scenes and the FO sent their PR there to ask the Spurs Q.

Everything I see says otherwise. Can you provide a link?
I'll have to update the stuff, but I did all the research on NBAwowy.com in the midst of his hot streak with Rubio out and posted about it.

All last year he was better with Rubio on the floor and it was the same this year as well. Maybe that's changed in the last 10 games, but I don't think so. Will update when by a computer.