What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Well, the good and bad news is Conley Island might not opt in the player option this summer and the bad is no free agent nba players might not want to come to Utah because of the Rudy/Donovan virus situation.

It doesnt seem like Rudy and Donovan had a rift before this. They seem like they were very very close... At least based on the fact that they are the only two on the team with it. What kind of extra contact were they having? Most have been close contact.

This is just like when your partner gets an STI and blames you but then you both realize it could have been the other one. Eventually you get over if the sex was good enough and keep going.
I told my partner I was getting the STI before I got it...

E5ndk0C.jpg

I cannot believe some of you are going at Donovan over this. Have you heard the guy speak? Of course he wrote the Instagram post. That's who he is and who he has always represented himself to be. He is the class act youngster of the NBA.

Some of you idiots are gonna hide behind your biased love for Gobert and maybe irritate Donovan to a point where he might want out. I like Rudy, but our future is Donovan. When times get tough against good teams and especially in the playoffs, we can't rely on Gobert. Recently, Rudy is throwing temper tantrums all over the court and it's Donovan there trying to calm him down.

Get the story straight. Donovan has a right to be irritated if his teammate gave him a pandemic illness. Anybody would have that right. Regardless, Donovan didn't come out and bash Rudy over this. You are all reading between the lines.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
What Woj is being fed and reported isn’t between the lines. I’ve literally seen TWICE where Donovan has posted something on twitter where he copied and pasted the text and forgot to delete the part where his agent was telling him to post it.

What Woj is being fed and reported isn’t between the lines. I’ve literally seen TWICE where Donovan has posted something on twitter where he copied and pasted the text and forgot to delete the part where his agent was telling him to post it.
I guess the agent is in his ear giving him all his speaking points in interviews too.....

Rudy acted like a moron in the media room and probably acted much worse to teammates in the lockerroom. Rudy is to blame for HIS actions. If teammate A is upset that he might have gotten this illness from irresponsible teammate B, why again do we have any reason to be upset at teammate A?

Donovan being in the crosshairs on this one makes zero sense.

I guess the agent is in his ear giving him all his speaking points in interviews too.....

Rudy acted like a moron in the media room and probably acted much worse to teammates in the lockerroom. Rudy is to blame for HIS actions. If teammate A is upset that he might have gotten this illness from irresponsible teammate B, why again do we have any reason to be upset at teammate A?

I disagree. It's about team unity. Scream at him in private. Get the coach or something else to mediate a discussion, in ****ing private. But don't air the dirty laundry and publicly Chuck him under the bus and refuse to support him in his apology. It's a maturity thing to me. Grow the **** up an realize it's bigger than just you.

I disagree. It's about team unity. Scream at him in private. Get the coach or something else to mediate a discussion, in ****ing private. But don't air the dirty laundry and publicly Chuck him under the bus and refuse to support him in his apology. It's a maturity thing to me. Grow the **** up an realize it's bigger than just you.
You are basing everything off assumptions. Is there concrete evidence Donovan said anything in public or just innuendo from his IG post?

I trust Woj to a degree, but "teammates upset at Rudy" could be every body.

All this. And maybe this is implied it what you said, but I’d add that he needs to realize that, with all the available evidence, Rudy simply cannot be seen as patient zero. (I’m assuming they haven’t submitted their individual viral strains to genetic analysis in order to obtain some loosely conclusive evidence of who infected whom.) Donovan isn’t supporting Rudy’s apology as patient zero, but as a dude with a potentially serious disease that he may have given him, and who then went on to make some questionable choices.

It sounds like Rudy’s horseplay over this issue has been really immature and probably put him correctly put him under some microscope—whether he’s the first vector into the team or not. Coronavirus jokes (of the sort where you’re enacting some cavalier attitude about not caring, or some character who’s intentionally spreading something around, etc.) aren’t funny. But the microscope we’ve seen—and the media exposure it’s twined around with—is absolutely ********. And I expect Donovan to rise above that. Soon. My clock is definitely ticking.

Tony Jones just reported on ESPN700 that there was tension between guards are Rudy previous to this. Donovan throwing Rudy under the bus also is needless, including the info being fed to Woj. Because there’s no reason to air this out in public. He had a plane ride to SLC yesterday where he could have ripped Rudy the whole way. No need for the passive aggressive BS and Woj reports.

You are basing everything off assumptions. Is there concrete evidence Donovan said anything in public or just innuendo from his IG post?

He specifically addresses Donovan and the IG post.

All this. And maybe this is implied it what you said, but I’d add that he needs to realize that, with all the available evidence, Rudy simply cannot be seen as patient zero. (I’m assuming they haven’t submitted their individual viral strains to genetic analysis in order to obtain some loosely conclusive evidence of who infected whom.) Donovan isn’t supporting Rudy’s apology as patient zero, but as a dude with a potentially serious disease that he may have given him, and who then went on to make some questionable choices.

It sounds like Rudy’s horseplay over this issue has been really immature and probably put him correctly put him under some microscope—whether he’s the first vector into the team or not. Coronavirus jokes (of the sort where you’re enacting some cavalier attitude about not caring, or some character who’s intentionally spreading something around, etc.) aren’t funny. But the microscope we’ve seen—and the media exposure it’s twined around with—is absolutely ********. And I expect Donovan to rise above that. Soon. My clock is definitely ticking.
I hope DM or players respond... even if everyone comes out healthy Rudy will always be the Corona virus guy... it’s his legacy unless he does something truly amazing... not DPOY like championships or breaking the all time block record. I’m sure DM was pissed... if Rudy gave it to him then his mom is around he could be passing it to someone in the more deadly age range.

But for any of the guys to vent to Woj or their agents is not how you handle this and that is absolutely what happened.

IF Donovan definitely talked to Woj with details and not just "some players are upset with Rudy" sentiment, then I still withhold judgment until I know what Gobert did in the lockerroom.

Guy code or lockerroom code be damned if Gobert did something really egregious.

Not to throw gas on anything, but Ingles hasn’t said anything, and he’s the one who’s had the most public contact with Woj over time.

There is concrete evidence that Donovan has not defended Rudy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy didnt act wiselly as a teamate and as a human being. He apologized.
Donovan didnt act properlly as a teamate. And didnt apologize, so far.
Considering that Rudy is the pacient 0 which we are not sure. It is VERY VERY VERY likely that even if he was carefull and didnt joke around on this, he would have infected someone else. BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE AND PLAY BASKETBALL TOGETHER.

I DONT CARE IF DON IS THE FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE, OR THE FUTURE OF THE GALAXY BASKETBALL. HE WAS NOT FAIR.