RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by D Will Texas, Mar 12, 2020.

1. stormkoopacv03

stormkoopacv03 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Well, the good and bad news is Conley Island might not opt in the player option this summer and the bad is no free agent nba players might not want to come to Utah because of the Rudy/Donovan virus situation.

2. Ironankle

Ironankle Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Man... Idw how all of that will finish but for sure, a era for the jazz is over. For all the best... Or the worst.

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

3. Gameface

Gameface I actually REALLY like Gobert! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    I told my partner I was getting the STI before I got it...

[​IMG]

4. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    And then she was like, “Payback is a ****ing eyesore of a bitch, pal.”
    [​IMG]

5. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    What Woj is being fed and reported isn’t between the lines. I’ve literally seen TWICE where Donovan has posted something on twitter where he copied and pasted the text and forgot to delete the part where his agent was telling him to post it.

ghsartin likes this.
  6. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I guess the agent is in his ear giving him all his speaking points in interviews too.....

Rudy acted like a moron in the media room and probably acted much worse to teammates in the lockerroom. Rudy is to blame for HIS actions. If teammate A is upset that he might have gotten this illness from irresponsible teammate B, why again do we have any reason to be upset at teammate A?

Donovan being in the crosshairs on this one makes zero sense.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

7. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    I disagree. It's about team unity. Scream at him in private. Get the coach or something else to mediate a discussion, in ****ing private. But don't air the dirty laundry and publicly Chuck him under the bus and refuse to support him in his apology. It's a maturity thing to me. Grow the **** up an realize it's bigger than just you.

rjfan, Ironankle, oneye and 2 others like this.
  8. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    You are basing everything off assumptions. Is there concrete evidence Donovan said anything in public or just innuendo from his IG post?

I trust Woj to a degree, but "teammates upset at Rudy" could be every body.

9. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    All this. And maybe this is implied it what you said, but I’d add that he needs to realize that, with all the available evidence, Rudy simply cannot be seen as patient zero. (I’m assuming they haven’t submitted their individual viral strains to genetic analysis in order to obtain some loosely conclusive evidence of who infected whom.) Donovan isn’t supporting Rudy’s apology as patient zero, but as a dude with a potentially serious disease that he may have given him, and who then went on to make some questionable choices.

It sounds like Rudy’s horseplay over this issue has been really immature and probably put him correctly put him under some microscope—whether he’s the first vector into the team or not. Coronavirus jokes (of the sort where you’re enacting some cavalier attitude about not caring, or some character who’s intentionally spreading something around, etc.) aren’t funny. But the microscope we’ve seen—and the media exposure it’s twined around with—is absolutely ********. And I expect Donovan to rise above that. Soon. My clock is definitely ticking.

10. oneye

Dec 2, 2017
    Tony Jones just reported on ESPN700 that there was tension between guards are Rudy previous to this. Donovan throwing Rudy under the bus also is needless, including the info being fed to Woj. Because there’s no reason to air this out in public. He had a plane ride to SLC yesterday where he could have ripped Rudy the whole way. No need for the passive aggressive BS and Woj reports.

LogGrad98 likes this.
  11. oneye

Dec 2, 2017
    He specifically addresses Donovan and the IG post.

12. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    I hope DM or players respond... even if everyone comes out healthy Rudy will always be the Corona virus guy... it’s his legacy unless he does something truly amazing... not DPOY like championships or breaking the all time block record. I’m sure DM was pissed... if Rudy gave it to him then his mom is around he could be passing it to someone in the more deadly age range.

But for any of the guys to vent to Woj or their agents is not how you handle this and that is absolutely what happened.

rjfan and NAOS like this.
  13. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    IF Donovan definitely talked to Woj with details and not just "some players are upset with Rudy" sentiment, then I still withhold judgment until I know what Gobert did in the lockerroom.

Guy code or lockerroom code be damned if Gobert did something really egregious.

14. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Not to throw gas on anything, but Ingles hasn’t said anything, and he’s the one who’s had the most public contact with Woj over time.

Handlogten's Heros likes this.
  15. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    There is concrete evidence that Donovan has not defended Rudy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

oneye likes this.
  16. tfivas

tfivas Well-Known Member 2019 Prediction Contest Winner

Feb 10, 2013
    DM is a young dude that hasn't had a misstep his entire young career. I bet he'll eventually regret the way this all went down.

BlueEdwardsMVP, Nate505 and oneye like this.
  17. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Maybe JFC should send a cameo to Donovan through Georges...

18. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Mitchell and Gobert got to squash any **** they have. Jazz shouldn't trade either, but if I had to choose I'd rather keep Gobert.

BlueEdwardsMVP, JimLes and Nate505 like this.
  19. Jazzinho

Jazzinho Active Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Rudy didnt act wiselly as a teamate and as a human being. He apologized.
    Donovan didnt act properlly as a teamate. And didnt apologize, so far.
    Considering that Rudy is the pacient 0 which we are not sure. It is VERY VERY VERY likely that even if he was carefull and didnt joke around on this, he would have infected someone else. BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE AND PLAY BASKETBALL TOGETHER.

I DONT CARE IF DON IS THE FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE, OR THE FUTURE OF THE GALAXY BASKETBALL. HE WAS NOT FAIR.

ghsartin, Douchebag K and Ironankle like this.
  20. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    Clearly it’s the only thing that will save us... also anyway we can get him to reference the sex machine?