What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

I haven't seen Rudy throw a tantrum either so I assumed that you were talking about not getting back on defense, talking to the refs. If that is the case, everyone does that on court.
Seriously? Donovan has had to calm Gobert down on numerous occasions in 2020.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wow I can’t believe some of you are going on that Gobert is who you build a team around. What League are you watching? This is offensive. Stars. Centers being obsolete league now. No way you trade cornerstone OFFENSIVE piece over an obsolete position player. That’s ridiculous. I say don’t trade either one. But no way in hell you trade Donovan before Rudy.

It's all true about the league being offense oriented and so but if we trade Gobert now our defense is going to allow around 180 points per game..

Calm Rudy for what? About Rudy's defense? About his offense involvement? About what? Please give example, I really don't see when donovan have to calm Rudy and and why.

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app
This is all related to the drama conversation.

Rudy has thrown full on temper tantrums on the court and Donovan has had to calm him down. He did it against Toronto.

If we trade Rudy, we can say goodbye to the jazz as we knew for years, that is to say the jazz with heart and soul that we love so much. We will may be become a nice offensive team like the Suns or the wizards. Donovan will increase his stats and shoot 30 times and we will be our devin booker of the Jazz.
Guy's please be objective, we are the smallest market in the NBA, no all star players will come here. History tell us that. We won't win with free agency. Rudy is the symbol of the jazz culture. Removing Rudy is like removing jazz's heart and soul. You won't find another guy like him.
Don't forget what Rudy bring to the jazz. Rudy is limited of course but this is more than stats.

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is all related to the drama conversation.

Rudy has thrown full on temper tantrums on the court and Donovan has had to calm him down. He did it against Toronto.

I agree with this. Rudy is a drama queen himself, and Donovan has shown it far less. I guess the difference being Rudy didn’t do it at Donovan’s lowest point.

We shall see who Donovan is on Good Morning America tomorrow. Is he the humble, nice, down to earth human being he’s portrayed himself as it isn’t he. We’re about to find out.

Well, Gobert last playoffs were a big part of slowing down Harden (going as far as contesting and alterating floaters) to a point that if we had enough guns firing on offense, we would have a real shot at it. Mitchell on the other hand couldn't exploit switches for two straight years, and didn't look much improved against this defensive setup this regular season.

The one we need to part ways with is Conley. Swap Conley with wood straight up at the start of the season and we would be fighting for the #1 seed

It really disturbs me to see so many Fanz giving up on Gobert. Our team is a one of a kind. I wish that our fanz were more supportive of our current roster. We've got a great team and many of the players getting the wrath don't deserve it. Gobert needs fan support right now. He has also been a big reason why the Jazz have recorded many of our W's this year.

It really disturbs me to see so many Fanz giving up on Gobert. Our team is a one of a kind. I wish that our fanz were more supportive of our current roster. We've got a great team and many of the players getting the wrath don't deserve it. Gobert needs fan support right now. He has also been a big reason why the Jazz have recorded many of our W's this year.

Stupid flu stuff aside, Rudy needs to know his role and stick to it. He has not developed a single offensive move in his 7 years in the league. Not one. But yet he thinks he has the right to call out his teammates for not giving him the ball every trip down the court. The man can barely catch the ball most of the time, let alone shoot the damn thing outside of dunks.

Remember who you are, a Mutumbo type, and excel at it. That's all he has to do and the Jazz inherently will climb to a new level of productivity. Oh, and atop stop throwing animated fits on the court all the time hurting your own team in the process.

I suspect the rest of the NBA season and playoffs will be canceled. If we are lucky MLB will get in half a season and the NFL might be ready to roll in September. There is some talk of the NCAA giving an extra year of eligibility for this season for hoops. If that's the case why even have a draft? Just push pause and play with the same teams next year.

The part of the interview where he talked about Rudy wasn’t great... I think this may be the tipping point in their relationship and used when they break them up... I think there has been tension... both guys have had time to reach out and talk... and it seems like neither has.

Sucks because of all the things Rudy can provide without the ball... and DM can get as many touches as he wants basically... gonna see that a different front court partner isn’t gonna be all it’s cracked up to be.

I actually think this is pretty good leadership from Donovan. He mentioned protecting guys on the team that have kids, I’d bet those are the other guys in the locker room who are mad at Rudy. I think he’s holding Rudy accountable to those guys. Now if he decides to make it a petty and personal long-term issue, my feelings will change.