What's new

RIP Jack Tatum

Cece

Sweet prince
Tatum,Jack2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrDYQwwbuY

Last edited:

Jack Tatum was my favorite player on those fearsome Raider teams, I made a mix about him a couple years back that youtube deleted. I loved that he didn't care what anyone thought about him he played his own way. RIP

Last edited:
Tatum received a lot of criticism after his hit on Darryl Stingley, but the guy was a great player. Him, Atkinson, Villapiano, Alzado, Hendricks, Sistrunk...the Raiders were just nasty back then. He was in charge of enforcing the NFL dress code for a few years. I always found that funny after seeing him as a player. I was stunned to see that he's not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think the Stingley hit has a lot to do with that.

I watched a video about him about a year ago. The dude was a dick. He showed no remorse for the hit on Stingley and said it was clean and part of the game. While that is true, there is an unwritten rule that when you paralyze a dude, you must apologize to that dude, regardless. Right?

Tatum received a lot of criticism after his hit on Darryl Stingley, but the guy was a great player. Him, Atkinson, Villapiano, Alzado, Hendricks, Sistrunk...the Raiders were just nasty back then. He was in charge of enforcing the NFL dress code for a few years. I always found that funny after seeing him as a player. I was stunned to see that he's not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think the Stingley hit has a lot to do with that.

Agreed. But he did only make three pro bowls.

While that is true, there is an unwritten rule that when you paralyze a dude, you must apologize to that dude, regardless. Right?

It may be the right thing to do but it's not necessarily something he had to. He was just doing what his job demanded him to do. It was a unfortunate injury, but it's part of the game.

I watched a video about him about a year ago. The dude was a dick. He showed no remorse for the hit on Stingley and said it was clean and part of the game. While that is true, there is an unwritten rule that when you paralyze a dude, you must apologize to that dude, regardless. Right?

He also did it in a pre-season game if I'm not mistaken.