What's new

Rodney Hood love

His mega-high release should pay dividends in the form of game-winning shots...lots of them.

He needs to stop giving up And-1's though. He fouls way too soft.

That is kind of annoying... He needs to continue the contact and follow through.

Although he's not very quick or an adept dribbler, it seems he does a decent job of creating his own looks against defenders in isolation. I really like those plays where he slowly pushes his defender towards the paint, stops on a dime, and swishes the shot.

Great post, especially the last sentence.

Its a strange skill. Kinda like jingles ability to stifle a fast break

His mega-high release should pay dividends in the form of game-winning shots...lots of them.

His mega high release with perfect shooting form.

Not comparing Hood to Russell Westbrook in any way shape or form in terms of talent. But Hood's ability to stop on a dime and get off a shot with perfect shooting form and balance reminds me a lot of Westbrook.

I think the Memphis game was a bit of a glimpse of what this kid could be like. I'm hoping next season he takes at least 3 or 4 of Burke's FGA per game off the bench.

He may not be able to reliably beat guys off the dribble 1v1, but his ability to put the ball on the floor will let him attack on closeouts and break down a defense. When we drafted him I thought he would be a pure spot-up shooter, but it looks like he could be a lot more than that.

I was crazy excited when we drafted hood and it's crazy to think he has way more potential then even I thought when he was first drafted. So happy right now he has some Pippen game in him

Not even close. Hood has a long athletic body and can play point forward and will be better then average defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are pretty much the same size. The main difference is that Hood is a more modern Hamilton, meaning he has 3pt range.

It's a closer comp than Scottie Pippen at least.