What's new

Rolling Stone Controversial Cover

The Thriller

rolling-stone-magazine-Jahar-Tsarnaev-boston-bomber-cover.jpg

This is bugging a lot of people. Thoughts?

Seriously. They have taken this global warming, sorry "climate change" since warming actually slowed and reversed briefly there, thing too far. As if ice melting is the biggest catastrophe this world has ever known.

"Pretty fly for a white guy"

I'm tired of this racism.

Wow I just saw that one. This may very well be THE most controversial Rolling Stones cover of all time!

Except the dude pictured. No idea who he is, pretty vanilla there.

I read the article. Gives some decent insight as to their downfall.
They are total hypocrites how they would get mad when people said
Muslims were terrorists. They thought 911 was staged.

What really did them in is when their parents divorced, and father left the country.
Their situation in America was getting grim so they took it out on us.
I'm not really bothered by the cover. I find Miley Cyrus, and todays
pop stars far more offensive.

Why so controversial. You just read the damn thing, and afterwards say "Cool story, bro." and IT IS OVA! (In my Lennox Lewis Voice)

I read the article. Gives some decent insight as to their downfall.
They are total hypocrites how they would get mad when people said
Muslims were terrorists. They thought 911 was staged.

What really did them in is when their parents divorced, and father left the country.
Their situation in America was getting grim so they took it out on us.

I'm not really bothered by the cover. I find Miley Cyrus, and todays
pop stars far more offensive.
Cry me a river. Their situation was no bleaker than millions of others in this country. Blame it on the parents, blame it on his family, blame it on his friends, blame it on the "system." Sorry, there are only TWO people to blame it on: Tamerlan and Dzhokhar.

Cry me a river. Their situation was no bleaker than millions of others in this country. Blame it on the parents, blame it on his family, blame it on his friends, blame it on the "system." Sorry, there are only TWO people to blame it on: Tamerlan and Dzhokhar.

Blame it on the rain, the damn rain

SChool shootings,bombings, and the like will always be prevalent in societies that value pride over honor. I am not an America hater but this is the one thing in our country that drives me insane. Most Americans use the words pride and honor interchangeably. It is better(in America) to be infamous than average,fun than reliable, and stubborn than reasonable. I really think that by placing more value in honor and avoiding prideful behavior we can have a safer,healthier, happier society.

Seriously. They have taken this global warming, sorry "climate change" since warming actually slowed and reversed briefly there, thing too far. As if ice melting is the biggest catastrophe this world has ever known.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Ice melting would be the biggest catastrophe that has happened while man has existed (/caused).

Anyway, I'm obviously missing something because I don't understand why people are supposedly mad. Someone spell it out to me, I guess.

Anyway, I'm obviously missing something because I don't understand why people are supposedly mad. Someone spell it out to me, I guess.

Most people would rather not give the guy any attention.

Rolling Stone sucks and just wants attention, it's really the only reason they did this. However, I don't care. I ain't reading that **** anyways.

SChool shootings,bombings, and the like will always be prevalent in societies that value pride over honor. I am not an America hater but this is the one thing in our country that drives me insane. Most Americans use the words pride and honor interchangeably. It is better(in America) to be infamous than average,fun than reliable, and stubborn than reasonable. I really think that by placing more value in honor and avoiding prideful behavior we can have a safer,healthier, happier society.
You mean like the societies that condone honor killings?

You mean like the societies that condone honor killings?
Should be called pride killings. It's their pride that has been hurt not their honor.

I'm not saying any other culture is better in this respect(I don't have the requisite experience to comment). I am saying that these acts are usually either done for prideful reasons(infamy,best god) or hurt pride(teased,rejected). If we were less prideful and more honorable I think these things would happen less.

Should be called pride killings. It's their pride that has been hurt not their honor.

I'm not saying any other culture is better in this respect(I don't have the requisite experience to comment). I am saying that these acts are usually either done for prideful reasons(infamy,best god) or hurt pride(teased,rejected). If we were less prideful and more honorable I think these things would happen less.

The Klingons are better. That's about it.

Agree re: pride. Thought your post was suggesting the USA was worse than other countries. Pride is a universal problem.