What's new

Rondo on the Jazz

I think 90% here hate the idea. I'm in the 10%. (and it has nothing to do with him being UK alum)

He would be an upgrade over Harris, there is no doubt. On this team he could possibly exceed his 11 apg last season. He would do well to find a new home as the boston trio are becoming fairly geriatric.

It speaks volumes that Boston is shopping Rondo, the youngest of their "superstars". That tells me all I need to know about his over-rated-ness.... Boston knows it. I know it.

I'd do the same thing if I were them. His value will never be higher.

I love the idea because he can dish the ball to all these young talented players and get them in the spots they need the ball to succeed, plus Rondo is still young himself.

We don't have Chris Paul to trade for him.

that wouldn't work anyway the Chris Paul deal is pretty much done anyway since Chris won't sign a contract extention as part of his trade. I personally hope the Celtics keep Rondo, me being a celtics fan, he's a great distributor, and the critism of him seems to be that he gets his success from being around great players, which to some degree is true, but if went to the Jazz, say 3 years from now he would be playing with a lot of talent as well. Shaq said the other day that he's a better pure point guard than Paul and his presence improves the team. Thats coming from a guy who played with him

Millsap and filler OR in my most wild dreams Okur and draft picks, the latter is purely just to make cap room for the Celtics.

Millsap and filler OR in my most wild dreams Okur and draft picks, the latter is purely just to make cap room for the Celtics.

The Celtics accepting expirings and draft picks is not out of the question. They have to know they are a couple years max from rebuilding. Their core is getting older. They could pull a Jazz and have these 3 guys stick it out another 6 years or so, but that is highly unlikely. I bet they would want a solid impact player in return, along with expiring, to make one more push for the finals before Garnett/Allen/Pierce become fossils.

Rajon Rondo sucks. If he ended up here, I give it a month before the pitchforks come out.

I think 90% here hate the idea. I'm in the 10%. (and it has nothing to do with him being UK alum)
No, I think it's the other way around. The 10% on this issue (me specifically) just make a lot more noise.

(and it does)

No, I think it's the other way around. The 10% on this issue (me specifically) just make a lot more noise.

(and it does)

Everyone wants to feel like the underdog.

Not naming names (Numberica), but some of you guys are just clueless on Rondo. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how he does without the 'trio', but I'd put big money on him. Dudes a winner. He does everything at an elite level except for shooting the ball. If he needed to, though, he can absolutely score it.

We, no you, shall see.

Then that means they don't want him. How could they not possibly want him HE PASSES THE BALL AND IS FAST AND DEFENSE OKAY
Don't forget he made that 15-foot jump shot...that one time. Seriously though, Boston is a much better fit for him with 2 wings who can score and a PF who can stretch the floor in pick&pop, not to mention the terrific leadership. You can say he might thrive on a young up&down team but we don't know what the heck we have in this Jazz team yet. Gotta figure some of that out first before you add an established player with a unique (and at times limited) skill set in Rondo.

I don't know if it works, but how about Millsap and Harris for Rondo and filler. Rondo brings toughness and defense to a young core that needs to learn both. We don't need him to shoot or score much just be a pest on def. Playmaker and leader.