What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

You basically have to construct the team so four players can play above-average NBA defense by themselves (that is close to impossible) because Trae offers no resistance to anyone. And by all accounts he is miserable to work with. And watching him play is excruciating. And he is an embarrassment to the game.

I am honestly astonished there is any support whatsoever for him around here. If you were to create a player in a lab that Jazz fans would despise, it’s Trae Young.

I think it will depend if they are able to get in on a star trade. Otherwise I think they pay the man and figure it out later. If they need to turn Quickley into picks for a star trade... then I think we have a chance.

A bunch of things would have to fall in place for us. I think he will get the max, question is if he wants to force his way into a starting role.

For me, I would see how many assets we could get by taking back somebody like Tobias Harris. Maybe facilitate a 3 team deal? If Philly disappoints again this offseason, Tobias should be the scapegoat. He's terribly overpaid, and Philly knows they need to capitalize on Embiid and Harden while they are still healthy enough.

You basically have to construct the team so four players can play above-average NBA defense by themselves (that is close to impossible) because Trae offers no resistance to anyone. And by all accounts he is miserable to work with. And watching him play is excruciating. And he is an embarrassment to the game.

I am honestly astonished there is any support whatsoever for him around here. If you were to create a player in a lab that Jazz fans would despise, it’s Trae Young.

People acting like Atlanta would have to get rid of assets to get off of Trae is hilarious. The right answer is likely in the middle. Trae made it to the ECF and was a step on the refs foot away from being up 2-1 in that series. Let’s not get carried away here. The guy is averaging 26/10.

A bunch of things would have to fall in place for us. I think he will get the max, question is if he wants to force his way into a starting role.
The only way he gets that max is if Indy or the spurs fall in love with him. At this point I doubt either team values him that much.

For me, I would see how many assets we could get by taking back somebody like Tobias Harris. Maybe facilitate a 3 team deal? If Philly disappoints again this offseason, Tobias should be the scapegoat. He's terribly overpaid, and Philly knows they need to capitalize on Embiid and Harden while they are still healthy enough.
They just don’t have a lot to offer… as far as picks or prospects. I think Harden may bail out for Houston… gonna be an interesting summer.

People acting like Atlanta would have to get rid of assets to get off of Trae is hilarious.
I don’t know why you’re saying this in response to me as that is not what I said. In fact, no one has said that so you can cut the scarecrow argumentation.

Trae Young is a loser and I want no part of it. That is all.

Looking at the quotes from Dame, Luka, and watching some other situations. Gonna be a lot of teams star hunting and things could get wild… will be some disappointed teams too. I think this may be a sit on the sidelines year for us… maybe something much smaller than most think here.

I don’t know why you’re saying this in response to me as that is not what I said. In fact, no one has said that so you can cut the scarecrow argumentation.

Trae Young is a loser and I want no part of it. That is all.

People insinuating they would only take him if Atlanta gave us something with him is pointless.

Looking at the quotes from Dame, Luka, and watching some other situations. Gonna be a lot of teams star hunting and things could get wild… will be some disappointed teams too. I think this may be a sit on the sidelines year for us… maybe something much smaller than most think here.
Jazz are not going to blow up everything they did in the last year to make a run at Dame, Trae, or any other massive risk for a star with catastrophic shortcomings.

Unless something like a Luka trade possibility shakes loose this off-season, the Jazz are building in earnest.

How is a guy who averages 10.2 APG and isn’t even in the top-6 for usage rate selfish?
I think you have to be super committed to TraeBall if you get him. There are guys worth doing that for… but Trae’s teams will always have a somewhat limited ceiling imo. The defense is bad and while he’s a great passer he doesn’t move without the ball… I think he’s a bad teammate in some ways but who knows… that locker room is just so full of drama.

I’m just not a fan… I think he’s good but I doubt guys are lining up to play with him and I generally hate watching him.

People insinuating they would only take him if Atlanta gave us something with him is pointless.
Huh? We are talking about the Jazz’s situation and you are talking about the Hawks’ situation. Nothing is more pointless than responding to a point not made.

Jazz are not going to blow up everything they did in the last year to make a run at Dame, Trae, or any other massive risk for a star with catastrophic shortcomings.

Unless something like a Luka trade possibility shakes loose this off-season, the Jazz are building in earnest.

Ainge isn’t the type to overpay or pay the max for star players. Look at the Garnett and Irving deals.

I think if we did make a play for one of them it would be for less than what people assume.

The new CBA will also make teams think twice before sending out that many picks and taking on that much money in a single deal.

Huh? We are talking about the Jazz’s situation and you are talking about the Hawks’ situation. Nothing is more pointless than responding to a point not made.

Please feel free to respond to the rest of the post I made then.

I think it’s the other way… I think those teams will be looking for stars and might make guys like Grant FVV and some others get mega paid. I’d hunt around Dejounte Murray and some guys like that. I think next year, when those teams shoot their shot and it doesn’t work, there will be more stars on the market.

We will see but I’m sensing some desperation out there.