What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

Honestly, given how we don’t have great playmakers to build with at the moment, that makes Ochai even more meh to me in the context of the build. Just not a lot of dimensionality to his game. That is just dandy if you’re set with star-power, but we ain’t that.

*ducks*
Careful friend.

This brings me no joy... but... @KqWIN is right... we need to trade for Immanuel Quickley.

His on/off diff over his career is bonkers. He's been ranked like 35th, 3rd, and 21st. His numbers as a starter are bonkers. He likely can be extended this offseason for about 4/80M before his raw stats go crazy as a full-time starter. Knicks likely won't want to keep him as a backup forever and we can offer another pick they can use for their eventual star trade.

I would hope to get him for just one of our premium picks... but I'd also consider taking Fournier's 1 year left as well too. Hopefully would not require more than that... but if there is a little more we should consider it. IQ is the answer at pg.
……Brodie I invented us getting IQ.

Upset because I really hate the Celtics and they have such a clear path. And still uninterested in Trae Young.
I love the idea that after a few great games that that’s suddenly supposed to untrench perspectives forged over the course of years wherein he has had a bunch of crazy performances.

We are also on the front row of what it looks like when your team decides to liberate itself from the shackles of flawed stars and picking up a ****-load of assets. There is a lesson here, and it’s not reversing course to blow assets going after easily the most catastrophically flawed star in the league.

Last edited:
Temptation is always there to go all in too early. Hopefully Ainge doesn’t make the same mistake down the road as Koby did in Cleveland and empty his cupboard to get a star player without first taking care that all other pieces are in place and fit well. When the cupboard is empty, it’s hard to get the missing pieces. Many teams have fallen into this trap in the past.

Last edited:
No teams should be trading 3-4 future unprotected first round picks unless it pretty much guarantees them to be a championship contender. I am really not sure what Atlanta, Cleveland and Minnesota thought doing those deals were going to do for them.

No teams should be trading 3-4 future unprotected first round picks unless it pretty much guarantees them to be a championship contender. I am really not sure what Atlanta, Cleveland and Minnesota thought doing those deals were going to do for them.
You should probably only do it for a top 10 player or if you already have a top 10 player.

Just out of curiosity, which current NBA players would you put that type of deal out there for?
Luka, giannis, jokic, embiid, steph, durant, Tatum, booker are the first ones that come to mind for me. Maybe Ja but im not sold yet. I do have reservations with steph and durant due to age so with them it depends on how close you are and other stituational things. Definitely have the talent one looks for when doing an all in mega trade though.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. The offense dropped off for obvious reasons besides Mike, and when Mike was still on the team the starters performed the same when Sexton played PG.
Offense was just fine when Conley was injured for a few weeks before the deadline. Jazz lost a lot more fire power than just Conley. Sexton, JC, Beasley, and even KO, and Markkanen was out for a bit and we had Agbaji playing point near the end. The drop off had next to nothing to do with Conley
Honestly, given how we don’t have great playmakers to build with at the moment, that makes Ochai even more meh to me in the context of the build. Just not a lot of dimensionality to his game. That is just dandy if you’re set with star-power, but we ain’t that.

*ducks*
You do realize we are a rebuilding team with a lot of assets this will get rectified fairly quickly after we get Wemby. God has already promised me we’d win the lotto. Dumb to call Agbaji meh
Careful friend.
Ya he might get called an idiot
How we feelin?
You know how I feel about it.

Right now none of us know what player options will be picked up. The Jazz could have a decent core coming back to Clarkson, THT, Jones and Gay opting out. Until those get settled, there is a lot of uncertainty.

Right now none of us know what player options will be picked up. The Jazz could have a decent core coming back to Clarkson, THT, Jones and Gay opting out. Until those get settled, there is a lot of uncertainty.

I think there is a good chance Clarkson and THT both opt out. I would be shocked if Gay did and have no real idea if Jones will or not.