What's new

Royce O’Neale Contract Extension

It is an incredible value. He's the 2nd best defensive player on the Jazz. He's the 2nd best rebounder on the Jazz.

He's the one player on the Jazz who needs to shoot the ball MORE. Royce O'Neale is 100% Jazz man for life!

He's the 2nd best defensive player on the Jazz.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there are only 2 defensive players in the rotation.

Brilliant and incredible value. The league is always overpaying come summer regardless of what they say now. The cap is on the rise. Royce is in the top 5 players in the league in 3 pt percentage right now and he plays incredible defense. I would have thought $13 million was a reasonable rate given the competition in the league but I love that he wasnt greedy and we are able to remain competitive if others follow his example.

Evan Turner - $18.6
Allen Crabbe - $18.5
Solomon Hill - $12.7
Brandon Knight - $15.6
Timofey Mozgov - $16.7
Tim Hardaway - $19.5
Chandler Parsons - $25
Exum - $11

Royce - $8

Just saying. And if you want more examples...

wtf? Allen Crabbe makes $18? He blows LOL

Brilliant and incredible value. The league is always overpaying come summer regardless of what they say now. The cap is on the rise. Royce is in the top 5 players in the league in 3 pt percentage right now and he plays incredible defense. I would have thought $13 million was a reasonable rate given the competition in the league but I love that he wasnt greedy and we are able to remain competitive if others follow his example.

Evan Turner - $18.6
Allen Crabbe - $18.5
Solomon Hill - $12.7
Brandon Knight - $15.6
Timofey Mozgov - $16.7
Tim Hardaway - $19.5
Chandler Parsons - $25
Exum - $11

Royce - $8

Just saying. And if you want more examples...

I’m not a ure how you’re coming up with 8M. Is this his salary in year one?

They still have Olynyk, who I think they'd play over Ed & Tony. I'm not sure why getting a 3rd & 4th string center for their roster would be their first (or even grudging) choice for dealing with their cap issues. I'm sure they'd explore and prefer many more possibilities.

I assume they are as invested in maximizing this year's team as we are. Given the choice of giving up a starter for non-rotational players vs. staying in the tax as they are, I'm not sure why they'd go for the former.
Meyers Leonard is starting with Bam? That hasn’t been their approach all year, I don’t think. Anyway, it’s Bam who controls their defense, and Meyers is out there for spacing.

The Heat might believe they have a title window opening up. If so, that might be the reason they’re concerned about paying a repeater tax. Leonard isn’t worth as much to them this year, or in years to come, as you appear to think.

I don’t think Leonard is a clear upgrade for us this year, but it would definitely be nice to clear Ed’s salary for next year.

For the record: Leonard is not a starting-caliber center. Especially out West

I remember you mentioned living between Waco and Austin before. Where were you? We were in Temple.

Round Rock. I worked in Austin. My company had an office in Waco.

My in laws lived in Temple. They used to live in Killeen when l was in Texas as did my sister in law, so I'm familiar with the area.

After my father in law passed they bought a house in Cooperas Cove, which is also close by.