What's new

Royce O'Neale Over Bolomboy

This pisses me off!!!this is going to come back to bite us in the ***!! All of u idiots happy we kept Royce and Neto over Bolomboy will probably cuss out DL when Bolomboy makes it. U heard it here first. Horrible ****ing move!!!

This pisses me off!!!this is going to come back to bite us in the ***!! All of u idiots happy we kept Royce and Neto over Bolomboy will probably cuss out DL when Bolomboy makes it. U heard it here first. Horrible ****ing move!!!

Neither player was ever going to make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. And stop acting like it was obvious. That's Cy's job. O'Neale has been solid and deserved to make the team just as much Joel. It really was a coin toss scenario that will likely never matter much to the team.

You should learn to chill before you give yourself a heart attack.

Clearly a very tough call on the part of the Jazz and I agree that the injury to Ex and the impact on the rotation probably played a part in the decision.

I liked bolomboy and was rooting for him. I didn't see as much out of Royce oneal to want him. Bolomboy busted his balls in the preseason and I think he makes jerebko expendable. Hopefully Royce inpresses.

i was upset, but not as much now. you never know which raw prospects will make it and which ones won't. if it's true that he wasn't getting the sets and was relying on just his athleticism, that could mean a lack of basketball iq that is hard to correct (look at kanter and fess). also, i thought that we were giving up on a young guy in favor of an older journeyman who knew the game better but had no room to improve, but there is only about a year between their ages, so royce could actually get better. i will watch and see.

It pisses me off too. Who is going to play PF for the Stars? Now they have too many wings and only Bradley as a big.
Graham and Mitrou-Long are both guards. O'Neale and Griffin slot in as SF's. PG's are Craft and Wolters. This is an OUTRAGE, I tell you. An OUTRAGE!

It was a tough call to me, but I think O'Neale is the better player at a position of greater need once Dante went down.

You're all going about this wrong!!! My hell!! How hard is it to use common sense here?!?! NETO!!! It's not rocket science!! Neto should've been cut. DM, Burks, Ingles, Hood are all far better options to spell Rubio, it would've also served to create minutes for all of those guys, hell even JJ would be a better option then Neto. Neto couldn't even get into the rotation most of last year and so now we want to water down our depth by giving him minutes. I don't want him on the court at all taking minutes from others, he'll!! He might not see the court for long stretches of the season as it is!! ****!! Is Favors even going to be on the team by ears end?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough call. But man it felt like a toss up.
I reckon he will get some spot minutes throughout the season.
The dude seems to be a true pro.

You're all going about this wrong!!! My hell!! How hard is it to use common sense here?!?! NETO!!! It's not rocket science!! Neto should've been cut. DM, Burks, Ingles, Hood are all far better options to spell Rubio, it would've also served to create minutes for all of those guys, hell even JJ would be a better option then Neto. Neto couldn't even get into the rotation most of last year and so now we want to water down our depth by giving him minutes. I don't want him on the court at all taking minutes from others, he'll!! He might not see the court for long stretches of the season as it is!! ****!! Is Favors even going to be on the team by ears end?!

Cut Neto and have 1 actual PG on the roster? That's some common sense.

Do you even watch basketball?
Mitchell isn't a PG. Neither are AB nor Hood. Ingles can play PG in a pinch.
Be pissed the Jazz cut Mack. Because now we're in a bind having lost Exum. Heck, Utah should bring back Burke. He's available. Cut AB and Hood, Sign Burke and Bolomboy.

Dude, neto is a better player than bolomboy, AND he plays a position the jazz need.

Sent from my SM-N915V using JazzFanz mobile app

Bolomoby was a project. The odds were against him, but I still think this is a mistake.

his upside is a lot more, at a position we might be thin at next year. After a meh SL, he had a good pre-season.
He apparently had a good camp as well. I would have picked him based on the potential factor.

Feel like it was the right call. If Joel is good in 3-4 years please remember his contract only runs for the next two years.

Sometimes its better to be the second team that gets these type of projects.

How is this the right call. Either will be 15th in the pecking order and not play much if at all, at least Bolomboy has that upside. All he lacked was experience, hell, he's less experienced in basketball as a whole then the rookies coming out. U realize Bolomboy has only been playing ball for a few years. IMO, he's going to be very good. What's the point of having Royce over Bolomboy? We have wings galore. Other then Favors and Gobert, there is no sure thing. JJ is old as dirt Udo has already washed out of the NBA once, and Jerebko, really. Need I say more.

Mark my words, this will go down as one of the big mistakes by management.