What's new

Royce to Brooklyn for a first rounder

I think we swing it. Bogey + this pick for Collins. Something like that.

.....This pick + Gay into space :(
Bogey for Collins would be okay IMO, but I’m not sure I’d want to attach this pick to it in order to get that done. Jazz need to add assets. Try to get there some other way. Hang onto the picks and figure out other ways to get younger and more athletic.

I think we swing it. Bogey + this pick for Collins. Something like that.

.....This pick + Gay into space :(
Nah... its Ainge collecting picks cuz he saw how replaceable Royce was. Sign House to a min or BAE... sign Juan to a min... now we under the tax and got a pick...Ryan can be happy with all teh monies he saved.

Nah... its Ainge collecting picks cuz he saw how replaceable Royce was. Sign House to a min or BAE... sign Juan to a min... now we under the tax and got a pick...Ryan can be happy with all teh monies he saved.
I think you’re being a little sarcastic about Smith saving money, but this really isn’t a bad idea.

I think you’re being a little sarcastic about Smith saving money, but this really isn’t a bad idea.
I'm ded *** serious. Staying like $5m in the tax this year was going to cost like $40M+ in real money. Would you trade Royce for $40M and a 1st... I would. Its not our money and I get that but this is real money and I don't think we are a real contender.

Thank you Brooklyn always thought he was a very average player but to get a 1st rounder for him I would take that and run in a heart beat

This deal has basically sent the signal to everyone that winning is no longer the priority for the Jazz this coming season.
It was a great trade for us. Whether we rebuild or just retool.

I hated on Ainge and laughed at those who said we could get a first.

I was wrong, my bad. Just got the news and I'm ecstatic! Royce is a good guy but nothing more than a decent role player. Woohoo!!!

I could see us using the full MLE on Oladipo now or trading Gobert to Toronto.