What's new

Rubio not staying?

We need to get better. We need to improve our shooting at the PG spot, and that is more important than passing from that spot, only because we have Ingles and other good passers. If we didn't have Ingles, I might rethink that line of reasoning.
We need shooters that hit their shots, especially the open ones. I don't know why we were not hitting a higher percentage of our threes, but it may have to do with how we get to the threes. Are the players not set, but moving, are they in a hurry, have defenses pushed them from their favorite locations or comfort levels, or are they just missing the open looks? No matter the reason, we need shooters to hit their open looks. If it's the guys we have, or new guys it doesn't matter. I do like all of the guys we have, and there is something to having good chemistry... but we also need more talent, skill, athleticism, and length.

We need to make some changes. I also know those changes will hurt and we will probably lose someone I like, but we have to do something. If we aren't good enough to beat Houston in the playoffs, we are not good enough period.

We need to get better. We need to improve our shooting at the PG spot, and that is more important than passing from that spot, only because we have Ingles and other good passers. If we didn't have Ingles, I might rethink that line of reasoning.
We need shooters that hit their shots, especially the open ones. I don't know why we were not hitting a higher percentage of our threes, but it may have to do with how we get to the threes. Are the players not set, but moving, are they in a hurry, have defenses pushed them from their favorite locations or comfort levels, or are they just missing the open looks? No matter the reason, we need shooters to hit their open looks. If it's the guys we have, or new guys it doesn't matter. I do like all of the guys we have, and there is something to having good chemistry... but we also need more talent, skill, athleticism, and length.

We need to make some changes. I also know those changes will hurt and we will probably lose someone I like, but we have to do something. If we aren't good enough to beat Houston in the playoffs, we are not good enough period.

They simply need to break the defense down more to get better looks. The playoff was disappointing, a lot of missed looks, but I think in general they arent getting nearly as many as against HOU.

The Dubs, Raptors and Bucks are all quite long, especially 3-5.

Something to think about

Been a long time coming... Let it be known, it was never a good idea....

Dennis Lindsey is a behind-the-times asshat...Another PG bites the dust... Ricky Rubio is decent but in the NBA the PG position is LUH-OA-DED and with the other parts in place here Ricky is not an ideal fit, not even close...

What happened here, at the PG postion (his greatest failure) is he was swinging for singles and still didnt make contact...

PLUS its even worse than that tbh because they spent 2 1st rd picks!!!!!! Those trades for Ricky and George Hill have now returned nothing... Jazz need a more scrappy GM tbh.

Funny thing is watch this --- The youth wave will start soon I think, 3-6 years too late but still... I guess they will finally see the light.. PPL on this forum will tell me im wrong every step of the way too..

how many of the BIG fights, the ones that spilled into 10 pages of me fighting with 10ppl was I actually right about??? Seems like most all of them............ I was the guy who thoroughly debunked Schroder vs Burke here too so I honestly still always go back to that, imagine they took Schroder, all these other assets woulda been saved, it'd have generated a lot of much needed attrition --- u can't tell me otherwise seeing how it's all played out....

Rubio is a feather fisted PG and Lindsey has failed some of our guys like Mitchell and Rudy trying to fit in mismatched flawed makeshift pieces. Basketball teams are grown, this thing they've done here is like the Knicks in the early 2000's --- u cant tell me otherwise... the Knicks used to habitually trade their first rd picks for overpriced rentals --- No???

and i mean seriously George hill comes here and his agent wants 131million dollar deal... that speaks something to Dennis Lindsey's ability to anticipate.. or that he's a gambler, sacrificing some of tomorrow for a slightly less ****** today

You're a goddamn ****ing genius.

Get this man/woman/child a direct line to Gail.

Look i reckon Ricky is a great guy, good school spirit and all that, hell if he wasn't dating @Jazzta i'd let him date my sister if I had one. But (everything you say before you say but pretty much means nothing) the dude cannot shoot, to space the floor within the offence he needs to be able to shoot.

Rubios FG% is rly poor,

.404% from the field
.311% from 3

Thats not going to demand much attention from defense, but hes a decent backup ora starter on a midling team, but I dont see em being a PG on a top team in the nba.

https://www.slcdunk.com/platform/am...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

"...It’s crazy to think that Ricky Rubio was drafted a decade ago, but the judging standards were different. Ricky Rubio is similar to Derrick Favors. It isn’t Ricky Rubio’s fault that the game changed on him, it’s just to his detriment. When Ricky Rubio entered the league, pass first point guards—traditional point guards—were still coveted. Rubio was seen as that throwback with a hint of Pistol Pete to his game. He was taken with the 5th pick of the 2009 draft. Surprisingly, the player who would make Ricky Rubio’s skillset in the modern NBA an antique was drafted two spots later. That person? Steph Curry. At the time Steph Curry was seen as a PG sized SG. Another player that would change the game, James Harden, was drafted two spots earlier.

The crazy part is both of those players were not nearly as hyped as Ricky Rubio. Ricky Rubio was seen as the guaranteed star, but then James Harden and Steph Curry would change what it would mean to be a playmaker and scorer in the NBA. Ricky Rubio was a point guard. HARD STOP. You knew what he was. James Harden is technically a shooting guard but he racks up assists. Steph Curry is technically a shooting guard, but he makes the Golden State offense work. In the short time since Ricky Rubio was drafted, being a point guard went from being a position to a secondary role that any player 1-5 could be. Draymond Green? Point guard. LeBron James? Point guard. Joe Ingles? Point Guard. Being solely a point guard is not enough in this league"....

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

You're a goddamn ****ing genius.

Get this man/woman/child a direct line to Gail.

If Gail offered me 12mil a year and my own private jet, and all her finest granddaughters as a harem, I still wouldnt take the job. Got bigger fish to fry.

Clearly: I'm the #1 poster here that everyone hates to admit is right, but is obviously right all the time.... PPL here dont wanna give me any credit. thats how you know.

Time and time again during those big arguments I'd say "Time will tell" "You'll see" "I'm gonna be right"... and I was.. This **** is BORING to me now... Just going thru the motions... I woulda thought they'd have more tricks up their sleeve than Ricky Rubio and Kyle Korver LMAO...

saw it coming a mile away... Most ppl here, most ppl in life dont even know what they want, so they see a dude like me calling spades spades and it makes them nervous and they conclude;

"he can't possibly know what he's talking about because I don't know what i'm talking about, and he can't possibly be smarter than me because, i am possibly the smartest man alive" - the avg jazzfanzer's mindset when arguing with me.

At least i'm not hiding behind multiple accounts/usernames, and weak semantics like you... How many times do i need to disarm the wanna be defiant ppl on this forum by bludgeoning them with the truth?? Your not nearly as defiant as me, you work a dayjob. LMAO. Keep trying tho.

I speak on the obvious, i'm not some tryhard here trying to leave an impression, **** you and your feelings.

What exactly do you have to hide from all these morons? Thats what I wanna know. the fact you're just as stupid as the rest of them?

Lemme make this very clear. The GM job of the Utah Jazz is a step down from what I do now. The job is beneath me. I'd laugh in their face and tell em 'I got real work to do, have fun with your games', if they offered me. ****, I'd just give em a quick bulleted list for free and tell em to avoid these pitfalls.

It's straightforward really, but for the most part, ppl here are too busy putting mediocre **** (oft based on a limited perspective/knowledge base) on a pedestal and then want to dig their feet in the sand and justify their pettiness and rudeness and LOYALTY, y'all say some dumb **** and then remain loyal to it, wont admit fault, y'all arent self policed, ur looking for ppl u think are dumber than you so you can feel better about yourself..... Ya know, if you fools werent so defensive you might actually learn something, ....

Last edited:
If Gail offered me 12mil a year and my own private jet, and all her finest granddaughters as a harem, I still wouldnt take the job. Got bigger fish to fry.

Clearly: I'm the #1 poster here that everyone hates to admit is right, but is obviously right all the time.... PPL here dont wanna give me any credit. thats how you know.

Time and time again during those big arguments I'd say "Time will tell" "You'll see" "I'm gonna be right"... and I was.. This **** is BORING to me now... Just going thru the motions... I woulda thought they'd have more tricks up their sleeve than Ricky Rubio and Kyle Korver LMAO...

saw it coming a mile away... Most ppl here, most ppl in life dont even know what they want, so they see a dude like me calling spades spades and it makes them nervous and they conclude;

"he can't possibly know what he's talking about because I don't know what i'm talking about, and he can't possibly be smarter than me because, i am possibly the smartest man alive" - the avg jazzfanzer's mindset when arguing with me.

At least i'm not hiding behind multiple accounts/usernames, and weak semantics like you... How many times do i need to disarm the wanna be defiant ppl on this forum by bludgeoning them with the truth?? Your not nearly as defiant as me, you work a dayjob. LMAO. Keep trying tho.

I speak on the obvious, i'm not some tryhard here trying to leave an impression, **** you and your feelings.

What exactly do you have to hide from all these morons? Thats what I wanna know. the fact you're just as stupid as the rest of them?

Lemme make this very clear. The GM job of the Utah Jazz is a step down from what I do now. The job is beneath me. I'd laugh in their face and tell em 'I got real work to do, have fun with your games', if they offered me. ****, I'd just give em a quick bulleted list for free and tell em to avoid these pitfalls.

It's straightforward really, but for the most part, ppl here are too busy putting mediocre **** (oft based on a limited perspective/knowledge base) on a pedestal and then want to dig their feet in the sand and justify their pettiness and rudeness and LOYALTY, y'all say some dumb **** and then remain loyal to it, wont admit fault, y'all arent self policed, ur looking for ppl u think are dumber than you so you can feel better about yourself..... Ya know, if you fools werent so defensive you might actually learn something, ....

GM of the Jazz is a step down from mopping up **** at the crazy horse?

Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever read so much self serving pontificating drivel on a consistent basis on an Internet forum. I feel bad for you dude having to try to pump yourself up to the world on a Utah forum ? Lol.

It’s time you paid handsomely the dominatrix who is due to come over and whip the **** out of you while you’re hogtied wearing mommy’s high heels and a ball gag while you weep receiving your flogging, all the time whimpering “Harrison Barnes, max contract”.

Rubio is the can't shoot but can pass real well version of Darren Collison in terms of NBA PG's. Decent PG on a decent contract lately. He's replaceable, but I don't want to overpay for a PG unless they produce.

The-Internet-Tough.jpg