What's new

Rudy Gay waived

I bet if you go back and look at his numbers (I don't care enough to do it) you would find that he was rotation quality for the second half of the season. His defensive metrics were actually really good all year. I think he was likely way better than what any of us were giving him credit for, but still not good enough that any of us should care that he is gone.

I bet if you go back and look at his numbers (I don't care enough to do it) you would find that he was rotation quality for the second half of the season. His defensive metrics were actually really good all year. I think he was likely way better than what any of us were giving him credit for, but still not good enough that any of us should care that he is gone.
It was a good case study on why on/off metrics can sometimes suck wang.

I actually thought he played well the second half of the year when he stopped shooting so many threes. He worked the mid range game to perfection at times and the jazz seemed better when he was on the court. First half of the year was a mess. Most of his shots were threes. But he made the adjustment in the second half and wasn’t bad at all for his role and minutes.

I thought he was terrible. Granted, he wasn't quite as terrible the second half of the season. Regardless, I'm glad he's gone.