What's new

Rudy Gobert 5 years, $205M

There is so much we don't know.

What we do know - Rudy did something in that locker room bad enough that nobody wants to bring it to the surface. Nobody came to Rudy's defense on his actions in the locker room. So whether Don got it hours before Rudy or not is irrelevant. Rudy was the first confirmed COVID case and his actions towards Don and maybe even others were unacceptable.

We are months away from this and it still baffles me that people bash Don for having a very human reaction to a very unprecedented situation.
Original reaction there wasn’t anything wrong with, but dragging it on for months and allowing so much of the rumors and Rudy hate to fester nationally is what people didn’t like. Anyway stop fighting everyone.

I think it was justified because there was a lot of speculation that Rudy wanted to leave.
I was pretty consistent. I wanted Rudy to stay but at a good number and 4 years.

I think this number is too much and too long, but this is not the time to be upset. We re-signed him so let's stay positive and go win big games.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Damn. That's a lot of loot. I thought around 33M-35M per season would be a giving contract. Over 40M per season... that's pretty much half a million per regular season game for Rudy. Boggles my mind.

Damn. That's a lot of loot. I thought around 33M-35M per season would be a giving contract. Over 40M per season... that's pretty much half a million per regular season game for Rudy. Boggles my mind.
It is and I think those saying it’s an overpay can be right but also those of us saying it doesn’t matter can also be right.

The fact of the matter is teams do this all the time and the backend of the deal can be bad. It likely won’t matter because of where we are in the team building cycle. In an ideal world you could lock him up for 4/145... the most he can get elsewhere... but these things are emotional. I remember the time we sent a guy out on the market cuz we thought we could save a few million and it but us on the ***. It’s like beachfront property with all stars... someone will overpay if you won’t. If the market has a huge drop that property could go way under water but in semi normal conditions it should be a sound long term deal. If Rudy stays healthy it works long term and the premium is fine. To assume injuries would be overly pessimistic imo... have to assume a semi normal operating environment.

So we could save a few million a year or cut a year from the deal and risk upsetting our number 1 and number 2 employees... or ya pay em and figure it out later and have your most important guys fully bought in. I think it’s the right choice and I’m glad we could reward a loyal guy who bought in here and grew up here. I hope he wins a title... but if not I think his 10-12 years here is a pretty great legacy either way and we can both say we did right by each other.

It’s a waste of my time to even read his posts when I know the premise of what he’s going to say, and it’s ridiculous and outlandish

What perspective is there to be gained by listening to oneye call DM a bitch and slandering Mitchell at every turn. All he’s doing is baiting people. It’s not worth my time reading. I’d rather he just disappear all together, and the best way to do that is put on ignore and my hope is if enough people do the same, he will in fact disappear.
Heh how can you be so hurtful @Thee Idiotic Minivan K

If multiple teams were planning to offer Rudy a max deal in free agency, then the 5-year max deal with incentives that the Jazz just gave Rudy is his fair market value. We can debate whether the Jazz should want to retain Rudy at fair market value, but that's what the market dictates if they want to keep him.

But DID Rudy do something? Any links to suggested locker room actions by Rudy?

Or did Donovan jump to the conclusion that Rudy was at fault for his getting the virus when it possibly could have been him that gave Rudy the virus? Maybe Don tried to make Rudy the scapegoat to protect his image. Or maybe Rudy was cavalier and Don had a legitimate beef. Hard to say.

We may never find out what happened but my gut tells me to side with Rudy.
I will say I saw reports, not sure how true or not they were, state that he was making light of the virus and making fun of how serious the virus was by purposely breathing on and touching teammates and such. Again I don’t know how true these reports are.

There is so much we don't know.

What we do know - Rudy did something in that locker room bad enough that nobody wants to bring it to the surface. Nobody came to Rudy's defense on his actions in the locker room. So whether Don got it hours before Rudy or not is irrelevant. Rudy was the first confirmed COVID case and his actions towards Don and maybe even others were unacceptable.

We are months away from this and it still baffles me that people bash Don for having a very human reaction to a very unprecedented situation.
Rudy was so careless and mocked everyone in the locker room that only other guy who got the virus was Mitchell who has been touring highschools in New York.

They both gave a very human reaction at first. There is nothing wrong with being afraid and letting it affect you emotionally but no reason to drag it after the guy owns it up.

Heck, Fave just said that he wouldn't get a vaccine but there is virtually no talk about him.

Or about MPJ who is antivax. Harden or Lou Williams who were in clubs.

@oneye it is legitimately sad reading your posts. Your spiral down this path would have been far more fascinating were there not so much pity baked in. If your 2018 self who just watched rookie Mitchell lead us to a playoff victory could see you now, he would be disgusted. In all seriousness you really need to evaluate your perspective with how you interact with sports and fandom, it is not healthy. Depending upon how much of this is just trolling, I might also suggest some therapy. This vitriol for an athlete who plays for your team, and who you have never even met is truly startling, and he was your favorite player ever like 10 months ago!

giphy.gif

@oneye it is legitimately sad reading your posts. Your spiral down this path would have been far more fascinating were there not so much pity baked in. If your 2018 self who just watched rookie Mitchell lead us to a playoff victory could see you now, he would be disgusted. In all seriousness you really need to evaluate your perspective with how you interact with sports and fandom, it is not healthy. Depending upon how much of this is just trolling, I might also suggest some therapy. This vitriol for an athlete who plays for your team, and who you have never even met is truly startling, and he was your favorite player ever like 10 months ago!

giphy.gif
Opinions of people change when they act like an ungrateful, entitled, arrogant, crybaby for 10 months and throw their most important teammate to the side first, then lump the fans who had nothing but full support of him for 3 years as racists he wants to distance himself from over social media comments. He could only hide his true self until things got a little tough for him. Also, I believe this is a “Jazz fan forum” what would you like me to discuss here? Did he not throw a fit over Rudy and let it fester with national headlines for months while never saying a word? Has he not completely tossed aside this fanbase and community over social media comments? Where’s he been for 10 months aside from those things? Nothing I’ve said here isn’t true. When he’s acted like an entitled, ungrateful child for 10 months it’s okay to say it. The team that drafted him and the fanbase that unwaveringly supported him and helped make him signs him to a giant gold plated contract and he can’t even act grateful about it?

Last edited:
Opinions of people change when they act like an ungrateful, entitled, arrogant, crybaby for 10 months and throw their most important teammate to the side first, then lump the fans who had nothing but full support of him for 3 years as racists he wants to distance himself from over social media comments. He could only hide his true self until things got a little tough for him. Also, I believe this is a “Jazz fan forum” what would you like me to discuss here? Did he not throw a fit over Rudy and let it fester with national headlines for months while never saying a word? Has he not completely tossed aside this fanbase and community over social media comments? Where’s he been for 10 months aside from those things? Nothing I’ve said here isn’t true. When he’s acted like an entitled, ungrateful child for 10 months it’s okay to say it. The team that drafted him and the fanbase that unwaveringly supported him and helped make him signs him to a giant gold plated contract and he can’t even act grateful about it?
I know what happened...

Oneye went to a game early, watched the warmup, yelled Don's named repeatedly, saw Don approach him signing a sneaker, and Don gave it to the small girl right in front of oneye.

Oneye will now hate Donovan Mitchell forever....

Last edited:
I know what happened...

Oneye went to a game early, watched the warmup, yelled Don's named repeatedly, saw Don approach him signing a sneaker, expected that signed Don sneaker, and Don gave it to the small girl right in front of oneye.

Oneye will now hate Donovan Mitchell forever....

oneye has had a very interesting transition... when he first posted on the board he was known as a huge Donovan fan, which people may be forgetting. Here's a small sampling of that kind of stuff:

Donovan Mitchell.........he may end up a God here for sure.

Read this now.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/donovan-mitchell-utah-jazz

PS- you don't have to vote for all of them, scroll down and vote for Donovan. Dumb crap like this matters when it comes to getting noticed. Let's make sure Donovan feels noticed. Also you can vote every day and you shouldz

http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting52/vote-best-sports

http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting52/vote-best-sports

Take 60 seconds click on the link, scroll down and vote for Donovan. Then have anyone around you do it, share it. Let’s make sure he wins this. Getting ahead of Philly fans in the voting will be important.

The kid just gets it. He understands who he is in the community, and his influence. This state, SLC, the Jazz, we as fans are all so lucky to have such an impactful role model here. He’s been here 1 year......1 year....and he’s endeared himself more than almost any player that ever played here, in fact he probably has more than anyone. You simply don’t get someone better than Donovan.

Showing up for no other reason than to show himself.

Basketball camp

And a shoutout to Royce O’Neale and Ekpe Udoh who also dropped by. The Jazz have some amazing guys on this team and in the community.

He's now incessantly posting how Donovan's "a bitch" and keeps beating the same drum. He did this exact same thing except in the "OMG Donovan is amazing" direction, which is why I think he seems to assume the rest of us are as enthralled and star-struck as he was before. However, he eventually took a big turn, and it honestly is very similar to the storyline for the De Niro movie The Fan. De Niro is a huge Giants fan and his favorite player, Wesley Snipes, signs with the Giants. He tells everyone how awesome this guy is, calling into radio shows and telling all his friends and really hyping him up. When Wesley Snipes struggles, De Niro gets angry that everyone turns their back on him. He pushes more support for him. But then things change and De Niro feels slighted by Snipes. Then he full-on loses it regarding him. The trailer is a pretty good synopsis of this:

oneye has had a very interesting transition... when he first posted on the board he was known as a huge Donovan fan, which people may be forgetting. Here's a small sampling of that kind of stuff:

He's now incessantly posting how Donovan's "a bitch" and keeps beating the same drum. He did this exact same thing except in the "OMG Donovan is amazing" direction, which is why I think he seems to assume the rest of us are as enthralled and star-struck as he was before. However, he eventually took a big turn, and it honestly is very similar to the storyline for the De Niro movie The Fan. De Niro is a huge Giants fan and his favorite player, Wesley Snipes, signs with the Giants. He tells everyone how awesome this guy is, calling into radio shows and telling all his friends and really hyping him up. When Wesley Snipes struggles, De Niro gets angry that everyone turns their back on him. He pushes more support for him. But then things change and De Niro feels slighted by Snipes. Then he full-on loses it regarding him. The trailer is a pretty good synopsis of this:

Or it could just be his actions over the past 10 months.

I hope oneye is wrong but there is ample evidence that he is correct. I am hoping that Donavon changes his tune a bit as time goes by but the last while it has been pretty clear that DM has really cooled on Utah as a place to play. I also think the fan based has cooled a bit toward DM. My sense is that he really likes Quinn and his teammates but they may not be enough. For now, enjoy the next 4 years and hope we can get it done.

Yeah just plain wrong. That player option (which no player has ever got on their rookie extension) has everything to do with getting Donovan’s prime out of Utah. It sets the timetable back on when trade rumors/demands start, etc. Now Donovan likely exits Utah during most his prime, vs playing most here. If it was a full 5 year max, run out the clock on it and go it o the final season. Now you’ll go into the 24 summer asking him to sign a super max with ONE year instead of 2 left on the contract before the PO. You will have to trade him at that point, oh and not just trade him, but trade him to a destination of his choice or pay him 15% of his salary as a fee. I wouldn’t call myself a Rudy lover lol. Rudy has his flaws, but Rudy’s a real and I respect it. Donovan is every bit as good as Trump at selling you what you want vs what’s reality. Donovan doesn’t think you’re any less of a racist POS @Eenie-Meenie as he does the real POS in his comment sections. Promise. Dude loathes his own fanbase, and also treated the teammate most responsible for his career winning success like dirt. He’s an ungrateful bitch in every way. He tossed the community and fanbase aside just as fast as he did Rudy the second he got in his feelings about it.
Dude I think you're a dumb ***. I Don't post that often but when I do it's too tell someone their a dumb ***

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk