What's new

Rudy Gobert All-Star watch

Another shot thing. Rudy should have made it 2yrs ago but they gave it to DeAndre Jordan as a career achievement selection... Rudy should be a 3 x Allstar!!

Rudy lost it because the vote was split between him and Donovan. I'm sure most people wanted someone from Utah to go, but instead of 100% of the votes going to him, Donovan probably got just enough to make him not make it.

It's not Donovans fault or anything, it happens in politics all the time, when there is a split vote, most of the time both candidates lose.

All-star voters are so stupid... all around. Fans... voting ****ing Carmelo Anthony ahead of Gobert... Players voting DEMARCUS COUSINS ahead of Rudy Gobert. Let that sink in! Carmelo AND Cousins!!! And coaches... ****ing pretenders. I don't want to hear any of them talk about defense as though it matters. Klay, LMA ahead of Rudy is so stupid.

At least Rudy got a song released about him today:

Last edited:
Another shot thing. Rudy should have made it 2yrs ago but they gave it to DeAndre Jordan as a career achievement selection... Rudy should be a 3 x Allstar!!
DeAndre averaged 12.7/13.8 with 1.7 blks on only 0.5TS% better efficiency than Gobert who all the defensive metrics would unequivocally say he's a better defender than Jordan has ever been while averaging 15.0/12.8 this season. Literally the only reasons why DeAndre would make it and not Gobert is that he played in LA vs Gobert in Utah and he dunks the ball harder than Rudy usually does.

This is the most irate I've been about an all star snub in recent memory, he's better than KAT and LMA in the frontcourt spots alone, and he's got a better argument than Klay Thompson does.

Rudy doesn't even need Ricky to be playing better, Rudy just needs the NBA to get their collective **** together and recognise how good he is. He's officially the most underrated player in the league and it's not even close at this stage.

As long as people know Snyder more than Gobert than Rudy will never make an All star team. Gobert is who made Snyder get called a good coach, without Gobert Snyder was a poor coach who couldn't win without him. Snyder's offense holds Gobert back as it gets Mitchell all the freedom to shoot whenever he wants and the #1 guy in the NBA in making baskets in the amount of shots he gets to takes doesn't get enough shots .Gobert averages 2/3 more points than his 15 ppg and he's an AllStar.

It's still a damn shame that Rudy didn't get in. In a league that preaches defense wins championships, just like the NFL, didn't make it at all. But then again, people all like the highlights and high scoring and no defensive play that defense no longer matters. Just like the NFL Pro Bowl, it's now a complete joke as well.

It's all marketing. Aldridge and KAT are simply more marketable. It's all about the bennies.

I take it Rudy didnt make the all star team? Good he can get rest before the run to the playoffs

I'm confused by all these people that think it's a good thing that none of our players got selected.

They bust their *** off and want some recognition for it, what the hell is wrong with that? Its downright selfish as a fan to say "good, they can rest."

They deserve the spotlight and recognition for their hard work, stop being so selfish about it.

It's all marketing. Aldridge and KAT are simply more marketable. It's all about the bennies.
Rudy needs to start showing some disrespect to this league and I agree about your marketing point.

The answer:

PhysicalWickedGuineafowl.webp

I am happy he didn't make it and wish Donovan didn't have to play that weekend too.

They are both playing high minutes and coul use the rest.

I couldn't care less about the All star weekend. I am a Jazz fan, I like the players, but the Jazz comes first and having players rest for a week or so would be great.