What's new

Rudy Gobert Appreciation Thread

I’m at a point in my life that I’ve been rooting my team on since 1987. I used to have players outside Utah jazz I cared about, but it’s been so long I just don’t care anymore unless I think not succeeding will help my team like having the wolves and cavs picks, and if they do bad, then descension arise, just like they did in Utah and teams fall apart sometimes but the wolves got to the third round for now that shouldn’t hurt them. I just don’t have allegiances outside of the Jazz anymore.

My responses below.

First off, rooting for a player has zero effect on anything. Doesn't change any outcomes and has literally no impact, whether it is our team or some other team that we have picks for. It is a good human quality to be happy for other's achievements, especially if they used to be on your team and you really enjoyed them while they were here. It would be like if your friend worked at your same company and then left to a competitor. Are you going to be happy for their success even if it affects your company? Absolutely.

It impacts on the feelings of posters on the forum who are rooting for the Jazz (and the picks that we'll be getting from the Twolves). To hear fellow fans rooting for former players and an opposing team to do well (and hence giving them "winning culture" and hence could in the future impact on the picks they owe, is like sticking knives into the chest of some Jazz fans.

Second, are you not a fan of any other player in the NBA that is not a Jazz player? You don't enjoy watching Ant, Kyrie, Lebron, Giannis, or any other awesome player. Do you root for players that were at your alma mater, if they are on a team other than the Jazz? I root for Delon Wright, Jakob Poetl, or any other Utes. However, Kuzma makes it a bit difficult.

I think most of us would lie to say that we don't at least like any other team a little bit. But not at the expense of the picks they owe us being bad.

To me that goes against the logic of being a Jazz fan.

And to do it loudly on a Jazz forum, to me that's the real "trolling" here.

Third, almost every one of the Rudy threads was started by people that do not like him.

Not in this thread. We LOVE Rudy on this thread.

It's just a basketball game and is entertainment, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't think anything I said is mindboggling but whatever.

That's subjective.

P.S. for the love of god, can we stop using the term "chip?" It sounds so stupid and is not in the word Championship. My pet peeve.

Again, subjective.

Last edited:
Rudy had a GREAT game today, 13 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, and a positive +/- or 4.

Twolves pulled to 1-3 going home.

Nice win, the series start now.

I’m at a point in my life that I’ve been rooting my team on since 1987. I used to have players outside Utah jazz I cared about, but it’s been so long I just don’t care anymore unless I think not succeeding will help my team like having the wolves and cavs picks, and if they do bad, then descension arise, just like they did in Utah and teams fall apart sometimes but the wolves got to the third round for now that shouldn’t hurt them. I just don’t have allegiances outside of the Jazz anymore.
Ok Boomer.

I’m ecstatic.

We LoVE Rudy 3000 here bromeo.
I wouldn’t cry if Rudy got a ring this year because I like him and him winning would drive Don and don fans nuts. What do you care? Does passively rooting for Rudy harm you or Jazz fans in some way?

Whatever team Ingles is on though, I’m rooting to win whatever championship they can because I love him 300,000. It could be a rec league but I want him to win it. Is that ok with you? Do I have your approval?

I wouldn’t cry if Rudy got a ring this year because I like him and him winning would drive Don and don fans nuts. What do you care? Does passively rooting for Rudy harm you or Jazz fans in some way?

Passively rooting for Rudy? Have you been around the forum lately?

This place had felt like a Twolves forum for nearly a month now.

And the fact that they owe us THEIR picks is like having knives through the chests of some jazz fans.

Whatever team Ingles is on though, I’m rooting to win whatever championship they can because I love him 300,000. It could be a rec league but I want him to win it. Is that ok with you? Do I have your approval?

I don’t even know what team Ingles is on but I’m pretty sure they don’t owe us any picks, so why should I care?

Passively rooting for Rudy? Have you been around the forum lately?

This place had felt like a Twolves forum for nearly a month now.

And the fact that they owe us THEIR picks is like having knives through the chests of some jazz fans.

I don’t even know what team Ingles is on but I’m pretty sure they don’t owe us any picks, so why should I care?
Well this thread and your words has changed my mind. I have been indifferent about Rudy but now I am going to cheer for him this year. If they dont win this year I hope they really mature and win it all next year that would be great for him! I appreciate this thread and Rudy time to cheer for him as long as he is with Minny! Who cares what position our pick is in, it doesnt matter. Rudy was picked late in the draft.

Well this thread and your words has changed my mind. I have been indifferent about Rudy but now I am going to cheer for him this year. If they dont win this year I hope they really mature and win it all next year that would be great for him! I appreciate this thread and Rudy time to cheer for him as long as he is with Minny! Who cares what position our pick is in, it doesnt matter. Rudy was picked late in the draft.
Now, that’s the spirit!

Rude! Rude! Rudy!

Welp, we fell a bit short guys.

Rudy did his best, but still it wasn’t enough.

It wasn’t his fault though.

Doncic and Kyrie were just too good, and well Gobert only guards the paint, so you can’t really blame him.

Still, Gobert had one of the best +/- of any Twolves player.

AND

He was the best paid player on the floor this whole series..

So that’s something to be proud of.

Anyway, better luck next year.

Hopefully he doesn’t get too banged up over the Summer.

He has the Olympics to play for in France, his home country no less.

I’m sure he’ll give it his all like he always has.

Hopefully he comes back in great shape and the Twolves make another run t the Chip next year.

Why?

Because, getting Rudy a ring is our utmost priority.

Whatever team he plays for, we’ll be cheering him.

After all he’s one of our bestest.

Most beloved, Rudy.

Rudy Gobert has matched the farthest the Jazz have ever gone since 1998. 26 years. What a failure the Wolves were.
Yes, and he was the biggest reason too.

I mean imagine that team without Ant and KAT, Rudy would have still carried them easily to the playoffs.

Yes, and he was the biggest reason too.

I mean imagine that team without Ant and KAT, Rudy would have still carried them easily to the playoffs.
Yes, the team that I kept hearing sucked and was a fringe playoff team suddenly became “a god squad” to explain the success.

Yes, the team that I kept hearing sucked and was a fringe playoff team suddenly became “a god squad” to explain the success.
Just curious without KAT and Ant on the team where do you think the scoring will come from?

Or is Gobert gonna single-handedly hold every team he faces to under 80 points a night?

Back