What's new

Rudy Gobert "Greatest Jazz Center of All Time" Countdown Thread

The Legend Grows larger every day

rudy gobert ✔ @rudygobert27
"Thats how i feel almost every game"

on his retweet of this:

Sports IllustratedVerified account‏@SInow
Karl Malone on draft snub: "Every time I played the Mavericks, I looked to kick their ***!" https://on.si.com/1BE4rGD

Rudy Forever.
When I read that about Karl, it made me think of Rudy. This makes me love Rudy even more.

He should be #16 a couple of games into next season. Everyone remembers the next guy in line, that will be a fun post. Not having playoff games is hurting him. That will be fixed next season.

He should be #16 a couple of games into next season. Everyone remembers the next guy in line, that will be a fun post. Not having playoff games is hurting him. That will be fixed next season.

You kidding me, after his tweets he should be #1 right now. He could not play another game and be #1.

You kidding me, after his tweets he should be #1 right now. He could not play another game and be #1.

It is completely stat based. Rudy's only been a starter for half a season. He'll move up rather quickly. I started the countdown WAYYYYYY before Rudy blew up, back when people would have included him as fill-in for a trade.

It is completely stat based. Rudy's only been a starter for half a season. He'll move up rather quickly. I started the countdown WAYYYYYY before Rudy blew up, back when people would have included him as fill-in for a trade.

I get what you are doing here, and support you in this. It is awesome.

I'm just saying that statistically Rudy's tweets make him the GOAT Centaur already.
I still plan on enjoying the stats and posts as they come to prove it true.

His attitude has made him a top 3 favorite Jazz player for me already.

1. Stockton
2. Malone
3. Gobert

I can't wait for this thread to come back to life.

Hey... look what just happened. Hooray!!!

I sent him a threatening e-mail yesterday. Said I'd start negging him daily if he didn't update this thread. He has ONE week. Tick-tock, tick-tock...
Let's HOPE Framer brings this thread back to life when the season starts. I don't want to have to go looking for him again.

^It's a shame that we only have three months to build up anticipation for the post celebrating Gobert's eclipse of the next guy.

Props to framer for calling this early on. Nice one, dude. I knew he'd be good. But this good? No way mang.

Seriously. And does anyone really doubt that barring trade or injury, that Gobert will in fact get to #1 on the list? I don't.

He simply has to produce at the same level that he did in the second half of his second season for longer and he runs away with it.

how about Derrick Favors "next greatest jazz Power forward" of all time?
I love Derrick Favors but nobody is passing Malone for that spot for a long time. If Favors is still playing at last years level 10-12 years from now maybe we can start comparing the stats. Till then it's pointless to even consider.
Actually even then it would be pointless. Malone probably had 10-12 years that were better than Favors was last year.