What's new

Rudy Gobert "Greatest Jazz Center of All Time" Countdown Thread

Osterag was never a great center, I never knew what people saw in the tall stiff. When subbed on he got dunked on posterized and turned the ball over. He had only one great game and that was against the Kings in the playoffs. Rudy surpassed Ostertag the day he first picked up a basketball as a toddler, I am confident by then he established a more polished post game than Osterag

Osterag was never a great center, I never knew what people saw in the tall stiff. When subbed on he got dunked on posterized and turned the ball over. He had only one great game and that was against the Kings in the playoffs. Rudy surpassed Ostertag the day he first picked up a basketball as a toddler, I am confident by then he established a more polished post game than Osterag
Barely deserves a response but Tag dominated in an entire playoff run. He frustrated and dominated Olajuwon the 1st year the Jazz went to the finals.

Ostertag is one of my least favorite jazz players of all time

Ostertag is one of my least favorite jazz players of all time
I wasn't a fan. But he was better than a lot of people claim. If he wasn't so damn lazy he could have been pretty damn good. That's why I wasn't a fan, a ton of wasted potential.
My comment was on him only having one good game. That just wasn't close to the truth.

I wasn't a fan. But he was better than a lot of people claim. If he wasn't so damn lazy he could have been pretty damn good. That's why I wasn't a fan, a ton of wasted potential.
My comment was on him only having one good game. That just wasn't close to the truth.
Ostertag simply didn't care. He said he'd prefer to lie under a tree all day and watch the clouds float by. Stockton and Malone were giving it everything they had while Ostertag made millions to daydream. If the Jazz could have landed a real center they probably would have won a championship.

Everyone remembers Stockton's famous game winning 3 pointer vs Houston that sent us to the finals, but nobody remembers that it wouldn't have happened if Ostertag hadn't completely shut down Olajuwon in the final 6 minutes of that game. It allowed the Jazz to make a furious comeback from 13 points down late in the 4th.

If Tag brought that type of energy and intensity EVERY game, he would've been revered by all Jazz fans instead of being so polarizing.

Okay Framer, time for an update?

Also, would anyone subscribed to ESPN Insider care to summarize the take on Rudy in their evaluation of NBA Juniors? (without violating copyright)

Okay Framer, time for an update?

Also, would anyone subscribed to ESPN Insider care to summarize the take on Rudy in their evaluation of NBA Juniors? (without violating copyright)
They both ranked Rudy #1 out of that class. One of them said Giannis had a higher ceiling but not sure if he would reach that so he was #2 for both of them. They talked about how crappy the top of the draft was including how disappointing Burke is.

About Gobert they said he was elite defensively and that he had potential on offense and Ford thought he would have an impact on offense. Ford said his draft status dropped from top 10 from poor workouts but had a great workout for the Jazz early otherwise he would have slid more. He said teams are probably putting too much stock into workouts.

Last edited:
Rudy has a long way to go. I have always felt this way about him. Lately though he has been bitching and complaining far to much. He really needs to work on his hands though. Rudy is a solid player. With the tools to be really good, if he can catch the damn ball