What's new

Rudy Gobert "Greatest Jazz Center of All Time" Countdown Thread

So, uh... Where did this end up?
From a stats and accolades perspective pretty sure it goes like this:

1. Gobert
2. Eaton
3. Okur
4. Tag?

And then other people because we have always been pretty thin at center. An argument could be made that Eaton is still above Gobert, but the DPOYs tip the scales, imo.

Now, where Kessler ends up, that will be fun to see.

I think we need to start Kessler’s countdown here pretty soon. Based on the criteria, I think he’d be about 24/25 at this point if his rookie season - pretty damn impressive for a kid that many felt was just an add on to the bigger deal. Turns out, he was the best asset coming back in that trade (so far).

I'm not volunteering, so probably shouldn't make requests, but I think it would be better to use Total Win Shares instead of addition of counting stats. Right now Gobert is the top center in Jazz history at 86.6 Total Win Shares for his career. Kessler has 4.3 Win shares so far (2nd highest on the team this year).

From a stats and accolades perspective pretty sure it goes like this:

1. Gobert
2. Eaton
3. Okur
4. Tag?

And then other people because we have always been pretty thin at center. An argument could be made that Eaton is still above Gobert, but the DPOYs tip the scales, imo.

Now, where Kessler ends up, that will be fun to see.
Tag sucked Borchardt was better or Pete Chilcutt or even Keefe

He has already surpassed Gobert offensively
That's a bit of hyperbole, Rudy has averaged 12.5 pts/game vs 7.9. However, Rudy's rookie year was only 2.3. Even if you count year 2, the 1st year he was really utilized, he was only slightly above Walker, 8.4.

Mark Eaton, however, averaged 6 pts per game.

That's a bit of hyperbole, Rudy has averaged 12.5 pts/game vs 7.9. However, Rudy's rookie year was only 2.3. Even if you count year 2, the 1st year he was really utilized, he was only slightly above Walker, 8.4.

Mark Eaton, however, averaged 6 pts per game.

Also probably need to look ar per 36 for this comparison.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Just, no. Borchardt had potential, but glass feet. Chilcutt was useless, and Keefe was barely functional.
Jerry Sloan thought tag sucked too if only Rony came we could have won. Antoine Carr was more productive in the finals against the bulls. Greg Foster was even called upon over Oster dirty rag

Rudy Gobert is the most overrated Jazz player of all time.

Rudy was a good player that looked legendary due to a system that was never going to work when it actually matters. When everything is built around you, any good player is going to shine.

I found funny how many people jump already into conclusion thay Kessler is better than Rudy. ....after few months.... time will tell. Kessler is promising but may have the same limit Rudy get ( no shooting).

Rudy Gobert is the most overrated Jazz player of all time.

Rudy was a good player that looked legendary due to a system that was never going to work when it actually matters. When everything is built around you, any good player is going to shine.
He's a top 10 player that instantly transforms Minnesota into a top 2 seed and championship contender. - Jazz Fanz all summer