Rudy Gobert's Zero Low Post Game

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by SuperHooper, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I wouldn't say that Trump has zero support from Latinos. If I did and you pointed out that my statement was untrue then I would agree with you.

You find truth and accuracy absurd. I'm ok with you feeling that way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

2. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I actually said that I didn't count right in my post lol. I never claimed to have counted. You are just confused and incorrect again. At least you are consistent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

3. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    What’s “not a lot but some” mean in terms of numbers Mr Jazz Abacus?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

4. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Wow you guys really like to quibble about the most absurd of trivialities... (“well he didn’t specify the type of shot beyond 3 ft”, as if we’re talking about a jump shot; “well 0.000001 is more than 0.000000 and when you say zero that must mean 0.000000 as opposed to 0.0000001”).

What is the most common shot between 3 and 5 ft that big men shoot on a basketball court? It’s a ... wait for it... wait for it... oh it’s called a friggin hook shot (whether or not it looks like Kareem or Hakeem or KAT or Jokic)...

And I don’t care whether it’s a skyhook or a push shot that actually goes in enough times to make it passably effective against guys 7-8 inches shorter than him. As long as Rudy’s arms are, he still can’t dunk the ball from 3 ft away at a standstill with a defender between him and the rim. And that’s my argument as was Locke’s.

The point remains the entirety of Rudy’s game outside dunking the ball is, practically speaking, ZERO. And while not the only issue, it’s not an insignificant one if he wants to be one of an all-time great, or most likely, if the Jazz wanna win a chip.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    My apologies for misreading your post on whether or not you LITERALLY counted all of Rudy’s pathetic excuses for a hook shot. I actually believed you might have written that you counted them.

Okay then, approximately out of the thousands of FG attempts that Rudy has taken in his career, how many of them (or what %) have been outside of 3 ft? I would guess maybe around .05%? To me, .05% is pretty darn close to zero ability and zero attempts. Or “near zero”. The difference is negligible

And I would honestly be surprised if it were confirmed he’s shooting those as well as Locke claimed, ie “in the 30’s”

6. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    We think Locke is talking about a jump shot. He's talking about shooting over smaller defenders, you don't need a hook, up-and-under, etc. for a shot like that.

LifeOnaPlate likes this.
  7. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Who’s we? You and your 18 Morman children?

Again as I said, I don’t care if it’s a hook or a push shot in reality. And that wasn’t Locke’s point. The point is he can’t make ANYTHING (whatever the kind of shot it might be) outside of 3 ft in gametime minutes. And everyone knows it. THAT’S what matters.

How dumb is the population of Utah???! Oh wait you elected Donald Trump AND Mitt Romney. Right.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  8. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    The only one who can't figure out why SuperHooper's behavior is so unpopular here is SuperHooper. Is this how you act in real life? You might want to experiment with a different approach.

9. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    If I were here to be popular, I’d say that Dante Exum is one of the best PG’s in the league, that the Jazz will win 68 games next year, and that Jerry Sloan was the best coach in NBA history. And that we should all read/follow the Book of Morman.

10. r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t Well-Known Member Contributor

Jun 1, 2010
    Does anyone know if Conley can throw a decent lob pass? That would help Rudy a lot. So bizarre that Rubio was unable to do it.

11. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Capture+_2019-09-20-19-36-03-1.png

12. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Live look at this thread

DBMAbXj.jpg

13. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    This is a very slight concern to me given how few Conley threw to anyone in Memphis throughout his career. Rubio actually got okay at it near the end. His P/R numbers with Gobert were better than anyone else’s with Rudy on the team.

But I think most of it (regarding Conley) had to do with player personnel. Think about who his main target bigs were - Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. They never had any ability to get up there. EVER.

Given Gobert’s crazy length and athleticism, and Conley’s intelligence and passing ability, I don’t see MC’s developing this as being an issue really at all. It’ll take a little time for the chemistry to work, but a lob to Rudy at the rim shouldn’t be a tough of a play at all for MC.

LifeOnaPlate likes this.
  14. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I listen to virtually every episode. I'm genuinely puzzled about those selected comments because they fly in the face of things Locke has repeatedly said time and time again: A post-up game or a mid-range game for Rudy would not be worth seeking because such possessions are low-percentage. His rim rolls are his money. His rebounds and put backs are his money.

I mean, ideally wouldn't it be awesome if Rudy developed the offensive prowess of Kevin Durrant? Become a ball handler and a pull up guy and a knock down shooter, add that to his rim rolls? He'd be unstoppable, right? If all a guy had to do to make that happen was try harder we'd have a lot more KD's, though, wouldn't we.

I'll see what Locke has to say about your selected points. (Note: I'm not saying whatever Locke says is golden truth. I'm confused about the contradiction.)

15. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    It’s literally like you’ve stuffed cotton balls in your ears and blindfolded yourself. Did Locke say Rudy should develop an offensive game like KD? Or Jokic? Or KAT? Or Ennius? Did he say he should be posting up over other bigs? Or demand the ball in the post even 3-4 times a game?

No... again listen to the friggin clip. It has to do with Rudy punishing switches and small ball lineups, particularly in the playoffs, and when teams use the few defensive schemes that might work well against this Jazz team.

16. LifeOnaPlate

Jun 17, 2010
    It's funny, most of the people contending against SuperHooper are reacting to his hyperbole. When people respond to what he actually said he acts like they're dumb for not responding to what he thinks he actually meant. It's a communication problem. Thanks, Internet.

One Brow and Gameface like this.
  17. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Zero doesn’t always mean 0.000000 you retard. And any kind of serviceable post up game vs small ball/switches doesn’t mean posting up against bigger players, or posting up at all regularly. It means at a reasonable rate exactly as Locke said.

The fact that you guys can’t team to distinguish between such things makes me think you really are all inbred retards. How’s that for likeable behavior?

18. LifeOnaPlate

Jun 17, 2010
    Wanted to see how you'd respond to a bit of hyperbole. As it turns out, you do the same thing that other folks are doing to you: responding to what I actually said rather than going along with the hyperbole. Does this help you see why your thread went south so quickly?

Zombie and One Brow like this.
  19. LifeOnaPlate

Jun 17, 2010
    How's about we not use the R word slur, SuperHooper? Can you edit that? I'd rather you do that than me having to report your post.

One Brow likes this.
  20. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Went south so quickly? Because idiotic Jazz homers have a tough time rubbing two brain cells together? Or listening objectively and challenging any of their preconceived biases?

And the thread’s still going. If you really think it’s that bad, then the best/easiest move is to not respond. But it seems you’re incapable of that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.