What's new

Rumor: Clarkson for Jae Crowder?

Hopefully. Ainge really needs to clear out the logjam at the guard spot so Butler/THT/NAW/Ochai can get more minutes. That means getting rid, at the very least, one of Clarkson/Conley/Beasley.

I'm fine if they move anyone on this roster but hopefully Crowder would be directed to a 3rd team for an asset/draft capital in this scenario.

The rumor came from Jake Fisher's notebook. I will throw a little cold water cuz he talked with Gambo on his pod and Gambo mentioned he didn't think they have talked JC for Jae but that he could see the Suns being interested and having a need.

Not sure if Jake's source is a Phoenix source or another team source connecting dots and assuming there would be interest. I have been saying we should move one of Mike or JC. JC easier to move but it would likely be better if we moved Mike.

Not sure anything happens soon. Think we likely cut Doke and either cut or trade Johnson... but I think Bolmaro could be the guy. I like the idea of Bolmaro but there is so much stuff he doesn't have that he needs.

Keep in mind for any Suns rumors. Every deal they make will likely involve them taking less money this year and next. They are in the 2.5X tax bracket currently. So if they did a deal to add 2.4M it costs penny pinching Sarver 8.4M. Can easily make the salaries work so they take back less money... but just something to consider in every potential rumor with the Suns.

Keep in mind for any Suns rumors. Every deal they make will likely involve them taking less money this year and next. They are in the 2.5X tax bracket currently. So if they did a deal to add 2.4M it costs penny pinching Sarver 8.4M. Can easily make the salaries work so they take back less money... but just something to consider in every potential rumor with the Suns.

They absolutely will not take more salary in.

The rumor came from Jake Fisher's notebook. I will throw a little cold water cuz he talked with Gambo on his pod and Gambo mentioned he didn't think they have talked JC for Jae but that he could see the Suns being interested and having a need.

Not sure if Jake's source is a Phoenix source or another team source connecting dots and assuming there would be interest. I have been saying we should move one of Mike or JC. JC easier to move but it would likely be better if we moved Mike.

Not sure anything happens soon. Think we likely cut Doke and either cut or trade Johnson... but I think Bolmaro could be the guy. I like the idea of Bolmaro but there is so much stuff he doesn't have that he needs.
Im not ready to say goodbye to Dok. Has he been playing at all in pre season games? Is he even healthy? (I haven't been paying attention to pre season this year)

Im not ready to say goodbye to Dok. Has he been playing at all in pre season games? Is he even healthy? (I haven't been paying attention to pre season this year)
Just practiced for the first time. We saying goodbye to someone... or a couple someones soon.

I say no to this deal. Crowder is ok but some Jazz fans just love to bring guys back who played for the team as though they are the same player.