What's new

Rumor: Favors and Hayward for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick?

Would you trade Hayward and Favors for Russell and Ingram/Simmons?

• Total voters
Imagine a possible team of

Exum, neto
Russell, burks?????
Ingram, hood
Giles, lyles
Gobert, maker?????

That would be one hell of a team. A team that would compete for a championship for a while.

Or this team

Exum, neto
Russell, burks???? Or a free agent signing
Tatum, hood
Simmons, lyles
Gobert, maker or another center from 2016 #12 and or a free agent

I don't mind this trade at all. Also think its more in our favor than Lakers'.

Imagine a possible team of

Exum, neto
Russell, burks?????
Ingram, hood
Giles, lyles
Gobert, maker?????

That would be one hell of a team. A team that would compete for a championship for a while.

How are we getting Giles? He is slated as the #1 pick in 2017!

Haywards going to command 30+ mill per year.....and get it.
We'll look back and laugh at things like this in a couple years. 30 Mill seems like a ton right now, but a year after the signing it will look like nothing. Just like how we were terrified of Kanter's deal, 16 Mill out of a 92 cap is like a 10 Mill deal on the old cap.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I like Favors and he is a good player, but I really think that Lyles can be a special player. We simply cannot invest in three bigs for the future because this league is absolutely dominated by wings and PG's. It just doesn't work if you spend that much cap on bigs. In addition, we didn't handle the Millsap situation all that well (Booz then start then SF then Favors then let him walk), and I don't want to do the same with Lyles. Gobert is so unique, and I feel that Lyles compliments Gobert so much better in the long term. Like you said, Favors is on a bargain deal and he's still young. With Lyles emergence, I have a feeling that this summer will be the height of Favors' trade value. He can still be perceived as having "potential" instead of being in that place where "he is what he is".

Good points. But one major thing that separates Favs from Lyles. And you can watch games to see it. Lyles is sloooow laterally on defense. Favs can pick up guards and move with them. The defense will suffer greatly until Lyles fixes this. Favs is out best interior defender. May not get many blocks but he makes the engine run.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Good points. But one major thing that separates Favs from Lyles. And you can watch games to see it. Lyles is sloooow laterally on defense. Favs can pick up guards and move with them. The defense will suffer greatly until Lyles fixes this. Favs is out best interior defender. May not get many blocks but he makes the engine run.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
True. He definitely has room for improvement. I feel like he will be our guy and maybe a future star by the start of the 2017 season. He's got work to do but all the tools to be scary good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Because the team would be very young struggle a lot in games then win the lottery

Pretty sure that was the idea in 2013, and they were on schedule to do that until Burke healed and they inexplicably took JL3 out of the starting lineup. 99% of the time there is always someone ****tier than the Jazz are (and then they traded the pick that would've been Magic Johnson.)

Kevin Pelton addressed questions about Jazz possibly trading Hayward and Favors to Lakers for #2 three times in his June 10 chat:

"I cannot see the incentive for Utah to make this trade."

"I guess I don't understand where this supposed Utah interest in the No. 2 pick is coming from. The Jazz are finally about to make several years of rebuilding pay off. Why would they reset that process now?"

"I think the median scenario for Brandon Ingram is about as good as Gordon Hayward is now, and that's years down the line. The upside of trading for the No. 2 pick is the cap space it creates, and the Jazz are not well positioned to take advantage of said cap space."

Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin Pelton addressed questions about Jazz possibly trading Hayward and Favors to Lakers for #2 three times in his June 10 chat:

"I cannot see the incentive for Utah to make this trade."

"I guess I don't understand where this supposed Utah interest in the No. 2 pick is coming from. The Jazz are finally about to make several years of rebuilding pay off. Why would they reset that process now?"

"I think the median scenario for Brandon Ingram is about as good as Gordon Hayward is now, and that's years down the line. The upside of trading for the No. 2 pick is the cap space it creates, and the Jazz are not well positioned to take advantage of said cap space."

Thanks, Kevin.
Kevin Pelton is way smarter than 99% of Jazzfanz.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ESPN just came out with a statistically based draft projection which can be found here. Ingram came out as the top prospect.

Take it for what it's worth, but I think it's a useful reminder of how statistically unlikely it is for any individual player even at the top of drafts to become all-stars (and the odds of being the kind of star that Jazz fans are clamoring for are surely much lower). Nobody in this draft has even more than a 50% likelihood of surpassing the bench/bust categories.

Player Projections
[numbers below are %likelihood of becoming all-star, starter, bench player, bust, respectively]
1. Brandon Ingram 25 24 26 26
2. Kris Dunn 18 21 34 26
3. Jakob Poeltl 12 32 41 16
4. Ben Simmons 25 20 20 35
5. Marquese Chriss 21 23 25 31
6. Jamal Murray 20 21 25 34

In line with what I quoted from Pelton in my post above, I don't think the odds of at least one of Favors and Hayward becoming an all-star are any worse than Ingram's.

I would ship that package out for Porzingis. But the Knicks say no... right?

Porzingis would be amazing, but I would only trade those two for a wing. I would trade them for the right wing in a heartbeat, but I have a ton of faith in a Lyles/Gobert future frontcourt.

I would assume so unless they want to make a big push in FA for someone to pair with Melo/Hayward. Melo/Hayward would be a weird fit from the get-go though.

Odd. I think Hayward with Melo might be exactly what they both need.

Our cap room is really gonna be a double-edged sword. We'll have the cap room to sign out guys to pretty much whatever terms they want. But like I said, we'll have the cap room to sign these guys to whatever terms they want.