What's new

Rumor: Warriors have interest in trading for Ingles if made available by the jazz.

Jingles will be 34 this fall. He’s not THAT old. You’d think he’d have another good year or two left before retiring. Right?
Yes and no. He is a real one and there’s more than a little evidence that he is eager to return to Australia. I could see him playing in the NBL just cuz he wants to.

If you can dump Bogey for Moody and Paschall, that might get the Jazz close to the tax line.

Anyone know if that would make the Favors TPE accessible or is that just gone gone now?

If you can dump Bogey for Moody and Paschall, that might get the Jazz close to the tax line.

Anyone know if that would make the Favors TPE accessible or is that just gone gone now?

I will do some number crunching and get back to you.

Jazz can't get under the tax line with Gay. Favors TPE is available to use, but up to Ryan's tolerance to pay.

With Conley, Gay, Butler and minimum salaries to fill out the roster I think we end up around 14-15M over the luxury tax.

If we traded Bogey and took back Moody and Paschall that would save us 13.4M in salary.

Which would then put us 1-2M over the tax which is 2M or so under the apron.

We could then use the Favors TPE and take in someone making 2M or so and only be 4M over the tax.

Jazz can't get under the tax line with Gay. Favors TPE is available to use, but up to Ryan's tolerance to pay.

We can’t use the Favors TPE unless we get under the apron which is 140.6M. We are currently sitting at around 9-10M over the apron.

So we gotta talk about how the path to the finals is actually still pretty open:

-The Lakers for all their star power are set to have the oldest team in history with very little spacing. I think they’re worse than last year.
-Kawhi is probably out for the year
-Murray might be out for the year
-Phoenix didn’t get any better, did they?
-Warriors are at least a piece away (very relevant to this discussion)

You trade Joe this year and you might be trading a ring. The roster has never been so legit.

It should be no mystery that GSW would consider sending such a haul for as perfect a piece as Joe.
Agreed and the warriors are the team that scares me the most next year.
Having said that, I would do the trade. Reluctantly. And I would worry that I made a mistake.

We can’t use the Favors TPE unless we get under the apron which is 140.6M. We are currently sitting at around 9-10M over the apron.
Wait, don’t the restrictions from the apron remain the rest of the season no matter what, since you’re considered an apron team til the end?

oh my god this apron is confusing

Moody is a 3&D guy folks. 6'6" with a 7'0" wingspan. Trading Ingles for Moody means we are getting younger, more athletic, and more defensive minded. He can also shoot the ball. He is exactly the type of player we are looking for.

Young, yes. But we needed bodies who could stay in front of their man but still shoot the ball. Moody is that.

Also, Paschall is the prototypical stretch 4 in today's NBA. He didn't have a great season last year because he had to share too many minutes with Wiseman. He is friends with Spida which is a plus. He is a young PJ Tucker lite.

Looney gives us competition for backup center with Doka and he is a more mobile 5 to play small ball.

If we got all 3 for Ingles AND saved $$$, I would think that was a pretty good trade. We get deeper and more flexible and handling small ball and a little more defensive minded.

I am a HUGE Ingles fan and I would, reluctantly, do this trade.

This

Wait, don’t the restrictions from the apron remain the rest of the season no matter what, since you’re considered an apron team til the end?

oh my god this apron is confusing

We’re already over the apron by a lot. This means we can’t use a TPE or get someone in a sign-and-trade unless it landed us back under the apron after the trade.

It essentially limits teams in the tax from getting any extra salary without giving up much.

I ****ing hate aprons.

There are definitely trade talks going on involving Kuminga and/or Moody right now. The Warriors are holding both of them out tonight from the first summer league game under the very thinly-veiled excuse of “load management” for a back-to-back. Who the **** load manages 18 and 19 year old rookies for ****ing summer league? And if you did, wouldn’t you stagger them by playing one tonight and one tomorrow?

No idea if they are talking to us, but they are talking to someone. Wouldn’t want injury or a poor performance to blow up a trade. There is a 0% chance they are being held out for load management.

Last edited: