What's new

Rumor: Warriors have interest in trading for Ingles if made available by the jazz.

To be transparent, we went 5-0 when Ingles sat, and we went 14-3 when ingles played < 25 minutes.

I'm not seeing that in the rules and pretty sure the Warriors used both last year. Oubre acquire via S&T and Wannamaker via TPMLE. That's what Sportrac says anyway.

Oubre wasn’t signed and traded to the Warriors. He was already under contract.

Agreed and the warriors are the team that scares me the most next year.
Having said that, I would do the trade. Reluctantly. And I would worry that I made a mistake.
I think I’m there with you.

Something else I’ve thought of for those that think this is an offer too big to be true for Joe: they aren’t worried about doing everything they can to keep a young budding superstar from bolting in a few years. They are gonna exhaust every resource to go for it every year until they run this build into the ground.

Conversely, we gotta worry about having a stable of young talent that makes Donovan think twice about heading for the exits.

Last edited:
There are definitely trade talks going on involving Kuminga and/or Moody right now. The Warriors are holding both of them out tonight from the first summer league game under the very thinly-veiled excuse of “load management” for a back-to-back. Who the **** load manages 18 and 19 year old rookies for ****ing summer league? And if you did, wouldn’t you stagger them by playing one tonight and one tomorrow?

No idea if they are talking to us, but they are talking to someone. Wouldn’t want injury or a poor performance to blow up a trade. There is a 0% chance they are being held out for load management.
This...

I mean who wouldn't want to watch their two new lottery picks play in a summer league game. Sumtins'afoot.

Let’s see some links @Elizah Huge @KqWIN

If we can have access to the Favors TPE then let’s do this:
-trade Bogey (or Ingles if we must) for Moody (and maybe Paschall)
-send whatever draft capital we can to the Bulls for Markannen and accept him into the TPE

We can transition from:
-Conley to Butler
-Ingles to Moody
-Bojan to Markannen

The Bulls and Warriors do that cuz we awesome. Butler becomes a combination of Chauncey Billups and Joe Dumars, Markkanen becomes Nowitski.

Butler
Donovan
Moody
Markannen
Gobert

DyNASTY.

Okay at this point I think we should aim to include Bogie, because I think I just don’t want to watch the 300 3’s a game style any more

-send whatever draft capital we can to the Bulls for Markannen and accept him into the TPE

Over time, we can transition from:
-Conley to Butler
-Ingles to Moody
-Bojan to Markannen

The Bulls and Warriors do that cuz we awesome, and the. All these players develop into stars.

Butler
Donovan
Moody
Markannen
Gobert

Restrictions from the FAQ:

Teams with a team salary above the Apron have the following additional restrictions. Note that they use the team salary at the conclusion of any transaction to determine whether a team is over the Apron (for example in a sign-and-trade transaction, they look at what the team salary would be after the trade is completed).

• Teams above the Apron cannot use the Bi-Annual exception (see question number 25).
  • Teams above the Apron have a smaller Mid-Level exception (see question number 25). It can be used to offer a mid-level contract no longer than three years, while other teams can offer four. The starting salary is also lower.
  • Teams cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 92). Note that they calculate whether the team is over or under the Apron after the full sign-and-trade transaction, and not just the signing.
  • Teams above the Apron do not have the same protections under the Gilbert Arenas provision (see question number 43). Under the Arenas provision other teams can offer restricted free agents salaries starting up to the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. If a team with the right of first refusal does not have Early Bird rights to the player and is over the Apron, it will have only the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception at its disposal, and cannot match an offer for the full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.

Sportrac listing Wannamker and JTA as acquire via TPMLE: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/cap/2020/

You can use the TPE and TPMLE, you cannot use TPE to receive a S&T player. You can't exceed the apron if you receive a player through S&T regardless of whether it is via a TPE or not.

Lauri is not in the picture unless you can get under the apron or wait until Dec 15th. Can't get him through S&T otherwise.

We can transition from:
-Conley to Butler
-Ingles to Moody
-Bojan to Markannen

The Bulls and Warriors do that cuz we awesome. Butler becomes a combination of Chauncey Billups and Joe Dumars, Markkanen becomes Nowitski.

Butler
Donovan
Moody
Markannen
Gobert

DyNASTY.

I am actually reading that as long as you don’t use more than the TPMLE than we aren’t hard capped.

We can use the TPE still I’m fairly certain after doing research. I thought I saw HH say this so that’s why I assumed it was true.

I ****ing hate aprons.

There are definitely trade talks going on involving Kuminga and/or Moody right now. The Warriors are holding both of them out tonight from the first summer league game under the very thinly-veiled excuse of “load management” for a back-to-back. Who the **** load manages 18 and 19 year old rookies for ****ing summer league? And if you did, wouldn’t you stagger them by playing one tonight and one tomorrow?

No idea if they are talking to us, but they are talking to someone. Wouldn’t want injury or a poor performance to blow up a trade. There is a 0% chance they are being held out for load management.

But if they can't be traded for a month anyway then what's the point of holding them out. And they said they are playing tomorrow night.

I know, but the TPE is unaffected by the apron. You can still use TPE's and go over the apron unless it is a S&T.

The more I’m looking into it the more I believe this is the case. Since we didn’t use the full MLE (because we couldn’t) I think we could use the TPE still.

I think I’m there with you.

Something else I’ve thought of for those that think this is an offer to big to be true for Joe: they aren’t worried about doing everything they can to keep a young budding superstar from bolting in a few years. They are gonna exhaust every resource to go for it every year until they run this build into the ground.

Conversely, we gotta worry about having a stable of young talent that makes Donovan think twice about heading for the exits.
Excellent point. Teams like the Warriors can take risks on moving young prospects like this for a title. If it doesn’t pan out, just go out and find some guys that want to live in a big city by the ocean.

Our margin for error is much smaller in Utah.

The Warriors with Curry, Thompson, and Bogey/Ingles will be impossible to defend. Impossible.

But if they can't be traded for a month anyway then what's the point of holding them out. And they said they are playing tomorrow night.
Don’t want to damage the wares (injuries) or the reputation of the wares (poor performances). I suspect the deal would be agreed to in principle and announced by major media outlets as soon as it is agreed to if that is in fact what is happening even though it can’t be finalized.

There’s not a chance in hell the Jazz would want their asset playing for the Warriors in Summer League after a trade is agreed to, so a trade would likely mean no summer league for Moody anywhere.

I suspect we will know by tomorrow if it’s gonna happen or not, so the Warriors can just hide behind their original BS excuse if the deal doesn’t happen.

Excellent point. Teams like the Warriors can take risks on moving young prospects like this for a title. If it doesn’t pan out, just go out and find some guys that want to live in a big city by the ocean.

Our margin for error is much smaller in Utah.

The Warriors with Curry, Thompson, and Bogey/Ingles will be impossible to defend. Impossible.
That is, if they can stay healthy. Are we all assuming that the Klay of 2021 is just as good as the Klay from nearly 3 years ago?

Last edited:
Restrictions from the FAQ:

Sportrac listing Wannamker and JTA as acquire via TPMLE: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/cap/2020/

You can use the TPE and TPMLE, you cannot use TPE to receive a S&T player. You can't exceed the apron if you receive a player through S&T regardless of whether it is via a TPE or not.

Lauri is not in the picture unless you can get under the apron or wait until Dec 15th. Can't get him through S&T otherwise.
I’m not suggesting receiving him in a S&T. I’m operating under the premise that we’re working with accepting him at the QO because the Bulls are trying to dump 21-22 salary (or were?).

It’s fringe, but getting him with Bird Rights would be a MASSIVE coup in terms of rebuilding while contending.

I’m not suggesting receiving him in a S&T. I’m operating under the premise that we’re working with accepting him at the QO because the Bulls are trying to dump 21-22 salary (or were?).

It’s fringe, but getting him with Bird Rights would be a MASSIVE coup in terms of rebuilding while contending.

Ah...I did not consider that avenue. I think Lauri is going to find his money somewhere, but if doesn't that's an interesting idea.