What's new

Rumors Swirling

If this is truly Joe's last NBA season, it would be an absolute shame if we traded him. On the list of trade preference, I put it like...

In order of who I would trade least:
Don
Joe
Royce
Rudy
Conley (if he re-signed)
JC
Bojan
Doke
Favors

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I would absolutely trade Royce before Rudy.

The thought of them doing a 'run it back' idea with the same team intact is absolutely hilarious. Other top contender teams will improve their rosters and if the Jazz stay the same, it'll definitely be a 1st rd exit this time. And then, they'll just lose Donovan via trade request by him. Jazz need to make big changes if they want to contend. Right now, they're just a regular season team and then nothing to show for in the playoffs.

The thought of them doing a 'run it back' idea with the same team intact is absolutely hilarious. Other top contender teams will improve their rosters and if the Jazz stay the same, it'll definitely be a 1st rd exit this time. And then, they'll just lose Donovan via trade request by him. Jazz need to make big changes if they want to contend. Right now, they're just a regular season time and then nothing to show for in the playoffs.
I agree.

I think the last two post-seasons have proven that we simply don't have the type players resilient enough to make it through a playoffs.

Bojan and Mike were hurt in 2020.

Mike and Don were hurt in 2021.

We have one of the oldest cores in the NBA. Joe, Mike, Favors and Bojan are old. JC and Rudy are approaching 30 and have avoided injuries so far. Don is built well, but we ask so much of him.

Not only are we injury prone, but we lack the bulldogs a title team needs. We are too passive. Too content. We aren't tough.

The thought of them doing a 'run it back' idea with the same team intact is absolutely hilarious. Other top contender teams will improve their rosters and if the Jazz stay the same, it'll definitely be a 1st rd exit this time. And then, they'll just lose Donovan via trade request by him. Jazz need to make big changes if they want to contend. Right now, they're just a regular season team and then nothing to show for in the playoffs.
I personally think our best record in the NBA this last season is a bit of fool’s gold, but the FO can justify a runback with minor tweaks because of that. I think Fav and Niang are the only rotation players that are gone.

I do believe they’ll mostly run it back and re-evaluate at the deadline. It’s not outside the realm that we’re in total rebuild mode next summer if Don requests a trade.

I agree.

I think the last two post-seasons have proven that we simply don't have the type players resilient enough to make it through a playoffs.

Bojan and Mike were hurt in 2020.

Mike and Don were hurt in 2021.

We have one of the oldest cores in the NBA. Joe, Mike, Favors and Bojan are old. JC and Rudy are approaching 30 and have avoided injuries so far. Don is built well, but we ask so much of him.

Not only are we injury prone, but we lack the bulldogs a title team needs. We are too passive. Too content. We aren't tough.

It's what I screamed all year, and I was yelled at. And called a hater. I didn't want to be right, but I was. We all saw, and felt the result.

I want this team to win more than anything, but glorified scrubs like Royce and Niang arent going to get it done in the playoffs. EVER. Fantasy land.

I hope we can add even ONE bulldog to this roster. This team needs to cut its cute nice guy image and get a little meaner.

Royce and niang are ok. Spurs won it all with it all with shannon brown and matt bonner after all. We just didnt have enough guys with defensive versatility.

It's what I screamed all year, and I was yelled at. And called a hater. I didn't want to be right, but I was. We all saw, and felt the result.

I want this team to win more than anything, but glorified scrubs like Royce and Niang arent going to get it done in the playoffs. EVER. Fantasy land.

I hope we can add even ONE bulldog to this roster. This team needs to cut its cute nice guy image and get a little meaner.
Niang was awful in the playoffs… Royce though? He actually was better in the playoffs than the regular season.

I don't agree with the Royce evaluation here, but I do agree with the bulldog.

We need a badass so badly. Bojan for Rozier adds one.

Lmao

Also the wording on Bojan and Joe is kinda funny here... they are on the table for a significant upgrade... yeah no ****... guess what so are Rudy and Don if we get a significant upgrade.

Niang was awful in the playoffs… Royce though? He actually was better in the playoffs than the regular season.
Niang was awful in the Clippers series. He was overall a positive in the Memphis series.

This is why I really hate the Niang hate. It's not Niang's job as a 9th/10th man to be good in every playoff matchup. I think if you went down every NBA teams stats in the playoffs, the quality of play from that player has a lot of volatility series to series, game to game. Ideally there should be alternative to play in series where the matchup calls for a different look. I don't buy the idea that Niang is doomed to fail in every playoff series. Niang existing and being developed also in no way significantly impedes the ability to have one of those players.

Also the wording on Bojan and Joe is kinda funny here... they are on the table for a significant upgrade... yeah no ****... guess what so are Rudy and Don if we get a significant upgrade.
It's also really hard to believe Ingles, a guy who has publicly said that retiring next season is a high possibility (if not a certainty), is going to get you some kind of upgrade. The only thing Ingles would fetch you would be an asset with less current value, but more future value.

Niang was awful in the Clippers series. He was overall a positive in the Memphis series.

This is why I really hate the Niang hate. It's not Niang's job as a 9th/10th man to be good in every playoff matchup. I think if you went down every NBA teams stats in the playoffs, the quality of play from that player has a lot of volatility series to series, game to game. Ideally there should be alternative to play in series where the matchup calls for a different look. I don't buy the idea that Niang is doomed to fail in every playoff series. Niang existing and being developed also in no way significantly impedes the ability to have one of those players.
Mostly true... I think Niang's presence does hurt the ability to develop another guy if Quin won't give that player some run. Niang over Oni (and others) was the right play to win most regular season games. I don't know if Quin can let go of that in the regular season.

That said... Niang on a minimum deal is something I will sign up for again. It sounds like he is out... but I'm curious what his FA looks like.

It's also really hard to believe Ingles, a guy who has publicly said that retiring next season is a high possibility (if not a certainty), is going to get you some kind of upgrade. The only thing Ingles would fetch you would be an asset with less current value, but more future value.
His name in rumors makes zero sense unless the acquiring team is straight stupid and doesn't know what the deal is here. Ingles being used as just an expiring contract does not net a value greater than Ingles. He's also like one of the only really flexible pieces we have... I don't buy any Ingles trade chatter at all.

Mostly true... I think Niang's presence does hurt the ability to develop another guy if Quin won't give that player some run. Niang over Oni (and others) was the right play to win most regular season games. I don't know if Quin can let go of that in the regular season.

That said... Niang on a minimum deal is something I will sign up for again. It sounds like he is out... but I'm curious what his FA looks like.
Sure, but at the end of the day that's a Quin issue or a Quin/FO issue, not a Niang issue. Niang in no way prevented the Jazz from signing a Torrey Craig. Niang would in no way prevent Craig from playing in the Clippers series (where a Craig would be much more effective, but in a Memphis series I think a guy like Niang has more value).

No doubt. Someone like the Sixers would make sense for Ingles. A team who can win it all and doesn’t mind trading the 28th pick in the draft if they think it gets them over the hump. He’s actually be a really nice fit there. But I can’t see any team doing that until right before the deadline.

His name in rumors makes zero sense unless the acquiring team is straight stupid and doesn't know what the deal is here. Ingles being used as just an expiring contract does not net a value greater than Ingles. He's also like one of the only really flexible pieces we have... I don't buy any Ingles trade chatter at all.
The only thing it would make sense for is just salary purposes to facilitate a big trade.