What's new

Rusillo, three scouts, and Embiid, Parker, Wiggins and Randle

scout 2 is an idiot. embiid is not a true 7fter. hakeem was 6ft 10. so real difference between young hakeem and embiid is probably an inch at best.

anyway, health is a legitimate concern. just look at the 7fters around the league - bynum, oden, lopez, and bogut. it's a huge gamble.

wiggins - his lack of aggression is a huge concern. you want your #1 pick to be a ferocious tiger not a teddy bear. temperament is important in this league.

scout 2 is an idiot. embiid is not a true 7fter. hakeem was 6ft 10. so real difference between young hakeem and embiid is probably an inch at best.

anyway, health is a legitimate concern. just look at the 7fters around the league - bynum, oden, lopez, and bogut. it's a huge gamble.

wiggins - his lack of aggression is a huge concern. you want your #1 pick to be a ferocious tiger not a teddy bear. temperament is important in this league.

This.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
Joel Embiid's measurements at the workout on Fri: 7' 1" in shoes, 7' 5.75" wingspan, 9' 5.5" standing reach.
I love Grantland. I couldn't agree more. This draft is overrated. If we can't get Embiid we might be fortunate to be drafting 5th. Randle, Smart, Gordon, and Vonleh all might end up being very good players and without the high expectations of Parker and Wiggins.

Good read. Different take on a lot of these guys.

Durant is not a ferocious tiger imo.

Neither was magic. Im sure people can think of others (mullin was not too ferocious)

You would rather have a guy that has alot of fire/passion/anger to thier game but just cause wiggins is humble and quiet does not mean he cant be great (duncan)

Magic was probably the only basketball player to rival Jordan's competitiveness. If I were picking All Time, and had the #1 pick, I'd take Magic, hands down. Dude was everything that was good about Jordan without the bad. If he never contracted HIV, he might be the GOAT.

I know you are trying to take a controversial stance, but you are out of your damn mind. In fact there have been a few players since magic that have come along and pushed him down the list of all time greats.

Magic was probably the only basketball player to rival Jordan's competitiveness. If I were picking All Time, and had the #1 pick, I'd take Magic, hands down. Dude was everything that was good about Jordan without the bad. If he never contracted HIV, he might be the GOAT.

I remember magic smiling all the time and being good friends with all of his opponents. Helping guys up off the court when they fall and what not.

Was he ultra competitive? Sure.
That doesnt equal ferocious tiger imo.

I think sometime people think that if you dont scream and yell, pound your chest, scowl, etc etc, then that means you dont have fire and are not competitive.

Wiggins is definately humble and quiet but imo that doesnt mean he doesnt want to win or be great.

Did you guys see wiggins at the lottery? Looked like a house cat rather than a tiger.

His demeanor kinda reminds me of tim duncan tbh.

too bad he cant be more like ron artest or dennia rodman doe

Durant is not a ferocious tiger imo.

Neither was magic. Im sure people can think of others (mullin was not too ferocious)

You would rather have a guy that has alot of fire/passion/anger to thier game but just cause wiggins is humble and quiet does not mean he cant be great (duncan)

Like Stockton

His demeanor kinda reminds me of tim duncan tbh.

too bad he cant be more like ron artest or dennia rodman doe

Duncan comes across as aloof while wiggins come off as "I am ****ing scared" IMO. Still love him as a prospect, but wonder if he will ever reach more than half of his potential.

Duncan comes across as aloof while wiggins come off as "I am ****ing scared" IMO. Still love him as a prospect, but wonder if he will ever reach more than half of his potential.

Ya, im a bit worried about his passiveness as well

Good point. I do think Wiggins will be a (super)star, but not on the level of Lebron or Kobe for that very reason. He is much more mellow than them. So whoever gets Wiggins should go in expecting what he really is. However, if you go in with realistic expectations Wiggins will not disappoint you. He will be a huge player in this league. A stud. An All-star. Maybe not an NBA Champion, unless he is paired with a alpha dog.

Parker on the other hand has that fire...

Comes off to me more as "Damn, I can't go left and have no ball handling ability".

Also.... could someone look up the ppg averages of randle, gordon, smart, embiid, parker, vonleh, and wiggins?

I would like to know if the passive, shy, scared teddy bear averaged alot less points per game than all of those ferocious tigers