What's new

Rusillo, three scouts, and Embiid, Parker, Wiggins and Randle

Also.... could someone look up the ppg averages of randle, gordon, smart, embiid, parker, vonleh, and wiggins?

I would like to know if the passive, shy, scared teddy bear averaged alot less points per game than all of those ferocious tigers

Can you look up McDermott's ppg average and hell he might as well be the 1st overall pick.

Can you look up McDermott's ppg average and hell he might as well be the 1st overall pick.

I dont think mcdermott has a problem with aggressiveness...... which is what we are discussing

Durant is not a ferocious tiger imo.

Neither was magic. Im sure people can think of others (mullin was not too ferocious)

You would rather have a guy that has alot of fire/passion/anger to thier game but just cause wiggins is humble and quiet does not mean he cant be great (duncan)

Mullins had swagger. He used to take the subway into the ghettos of New York to ball. That dude had a fire about him.

Great read, thanks for posting. Seems like Embiid is the clear number 1 from this and everything else we've been reading. Parker seems to be number two and then it's going to be either Wiggins or Exum, although Wiggins or Exum could slip to 5, but assuming not, we're still looking at the same left overs - Gordon, Vonleh and Smart.

Also.... could someone look up the ppg averages of randle, gordon, smart, embiid, parker, vonleh, and wiggins?

I would like to know if the passive, shy, scared teddy bear averaged alot less points per game than all of those ferocious tigers

Per 40

Joel Embiid - 19.4 PPG

Jabari Parker - 25 PPG

Andrew Wiggins - 20.8 PPG

Aaron Gordon - 15.8 PPG

Marcus Smart - 22 PPG

Julius Randle - 19.4 PPG

Noah Vonleh - 17 PPG

Doug McDermott - 31.6 PPG

Per 40 in college

Kevin Durant - 28.8 PPG

Anthony Davis - 17.7 PPG

James Harden - 22.4 PPG

Stephen Curry - 33.9 PPG

Carmelo Anthony - 24.4 PPG

Per 40

Joel Embiid - 19.4 PPG

Jabari Parker - 25 PPG

Andrew Wiggins - 20.8 PPG

Aaron Gordon - 15.8 PPG

Marcus Smart - 22 PPG

Julius Randle - 19.4 PPG

Noah Vonleh - 17 PPG

Doug McDermott - 31.6 PPG

In the context of his peers, wiggins aggressiveness/assertiveness for scoring looks to be just fine.

Per 40 in college

Kevin Durant - 28.8 PPG

Anthony Davis - 17.7 PPG

James Harden - 22.4 PPG

Stephen Curry - 33.9 PPG

Carmelo Anthony - 24.4 PPG

Durant, curry, harden, and mellow are some of the best pure scorers of this generation so im not surprised by those numbers.
Did harden and curry play thier sophmore years in college?

Durant, curry, harden, and mellow are some of the best pure scorers of this generation so im not surprised by those numbers.
Did harden and curry play thier sophmore years in college?

Harden played through his sophomore year and Curry through his junior year.

The first two all stars from this draft will be Parker and Smart

those guys (along with randle) are the most polished/ready to play now so i would agree with you

scout 2 is an idiot. embiid is not a true 7fter. hakeem was 6ft 10. so real difference between young hakeem and embiid is probably an inch at best.

anyway, health is a legitimate concern. just look at the 7fters around the league - bynum, oden, lopez, and bogut. it's a huge gamble.

wiggins - his lack of aggression is a huge concern. you want your #1 pick to be a ferocious tiger not a teddy bear. temperament is important in this league.

lol.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
Joel Embiid's measurements at the workout on Fri: 7' 1" in shoes, 7' 5.75" wingspan, 9' 5.5" standing reach.
I love Grantland. I couldn't agree more. This draft is overrated. If we can't get Embiid we might be fortunate to be drafting 5th. Randle, Smart, Gordon, and Vonleh all might end up being very good players and without the high expectations of Parker and Wiggins.

maybe he showed up with bron X, that would easily give a size 17+ shoe a 2 inch lift. or maybe he even inserted dr. scholls which would give him another 1/2 inch lift. i never believe what scouts or any private workout say about player's height. great 7ft 1, isiah austin was measured at 6ft 11 1/2. is embiid taller than austin? i don't know. maybe or maybe not.

bottom line, the article is trying to make embiid 3 inch taller than hakeem. that's far from the truth. i have embiid anywhere between 6ft 10 3/4 to 6ft 11 1/2. i have young hakeem 6ft 10 flat. difference isn't that much.

maybe he showed up with bron X with dr. scholl insoles. that would easily give a size 16+ shoe a 2 1/4 inch lift minimum. i never believe what scouts or any private workout say about player's height.

bottom line, the article is trying to make embiid 3 inch taller than hakeem. that's far from the truth. i have embiid anywhere between 6ft 10 3/4 to 6ft 11 1/2. i have young hakeem 6ft 10 flat. difference isn't that much.

:rofl:

embiid and 6ft 10 3/4 jeff withey
8611271_orig.jpeg

true 7fter? lol
i'll give him 6ft 11. he does look tall.

let's look at hakeem - there are too many pictures out there. young hakeem was healthy 6ft 10.

with larry bird
larry_bird_3.jpg

with bron (almost 50 year old here, bron isn't standing straight)
lebron-hakeem.jpg

don't know what they are wearing - hakeem's sig shoe was etonic. we all know shaq's clown shoe. i don't see 4 inch difference here.
shaqhakeem.jpg

been doing this for 20 years. i know a true 7fter when i see one.

embiid when he was 18 1/2 years old. sept 2012
embidd2.jpg

he probably grew another inch. 6ft 10 1/2 patrick ewing(in his playing days) is no more than 6ft 10 right now with his bad posture and age.

so 7ft 1 in shoes - i'm now confident that his shoe had near 2 inch lift. this kid is 6ft 11 with serious length. still a great specimen. but that idiot scout doesn't know crap.

I might agree with Fabtrey on this one, the workout people said Wiggins was 6'9 in shoes.