What's new

Russell Westbrook and the Utah Jazz

Listen, you can play this or that, compare Westbrook to the Haywad, but it's not hard to see wgen Russ is on, hes on. I don't think Hayward is near Westbrook or Paul George level. He takes the show away from Durant time and time again, and if the Thunder got rid of him.. they'd be very stupid.

I'll ask again: are YOU saying he is less valuable than Hayward? Is it YOUR contention that Hayward is as good as Westbrook?

westbrook

pros
His high is super high
top 5 overall athlete
very good finisher
puts up sick stats
plays decent D
competitive
hits FTs
creates match up nightmare against slower pgs

cons
can get impatient
kinda weak on pick & roll
lacks elite PG court vision
inconsistent shooter
turnover is on a high side
injury prone
more of a SG playing PG

If age and health wasn't a concern, then i prefer
lillard
curry
parker
d rose
wall
paul
irving

i think irving /westbrook / wall all were in a similar mold, but wall became mature and knew that he doesn't have to shoot to dominate the game. kyrie is just in a bad situation. i think kyrie would thrive as #2. i wonder what kinda player he would be had he played with top scorer like KD. IMO kyrie has the best natural basketball talent among young pgs.

i don't hate westbrook. IMO he is a top 10 talent. he would fit much better if he played for teams like clippers where he can be a leader scorer and creates havoc with other high flyers.

Wow, I take comfort in knowing I'd be able to be a much better GM than Fatbrey.

Yes, there are some players I'd rather have than Westbrook, but the fact of the matter is that he's way better than anyone on the Jazz and would make the team much better.

But the Thunder are not gonna get rid of him unless they get blown away with an offer, and they shouldn't get rid of him. They're lucky to have two players the caliber of Durant and Westbrook. They'll be insane for years as long as they can keep those two dudes together.

westbrook

pros
His high is super high
top 5 overall athlete
very good finisher
puts up sick stats
plays decent D
competitive
hits FTs
creates match up nightmare against slower pgs

cons
can get impatient
kinda weak on pick & roll
lacks elite PG court vision
inconsistent shooter
turnover is on a high side
injury prone
more of a SG playing PG

lillard
curry
parker
d rose
wall
paul
irving

i think irving /westbrook / wall all were in a similar mold, but wall became mature and knew that he doesn't have to shoot to dominate the game. kyrie is just in a bad situation. i think kyrie would thrive as #2. i wonder what kinda player he would be had he played with top scorer like KD. IMO kyrie has the best natural basketball talent among young pgs.

i don't hate westbrook. IMO he is a top 10 talent. he would fit much better if he played for teams like clippers where he can be a leader scorer and creates havoc with other high flyers.

Irving is overrated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, there are some players I'd rather have than Westbrook, but the fact of the matter is that he's way better than anyone on the Jazz and would make the team much better.

But the Thunder are not gonna get rid of him unless they get blown away with an offer, and they shouldn't get rid of him. They're lucky to have two players the caliber of Durant and Westbrook. They'll be insane for years as long as they can keep those two dudes together.

But Fabtrey knows measurements.....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No thats not too much. Jazz would do that in a heartbeat.

i dont think okc would though. They would probably laugh at us.

I think we would have to give up our own pick instead of the GS one.

I still would probably do it.

Kanter doesn't have much trade value. Would have to throw in both first rounder and Trey for him and then maybe a future 1st rounder too. This is a top 10 player when healthy

Westbrook has all the makings of a MVP type of player. His talents are off the charts. His only problem is his sometimes bad decision making. He has a little bit of a chucker ball hog mentality sometimes. But when you are that good, can you blame him?

The other thing with Westbrook is that his game relies on exerting a lot of energy. Anyone who has played ball knows that the more tired you are, the worse your shot and decision making are. So that can explain some of the mental lapses. That, and its probably confusing for him when he is probably told to not stop attacking. If I were the coach then I would tell him the same thing and just live with the results.

He is what he is though.I would take Westbrook in a heatbeat. Just for the entertainment value alone. But the guy can ball. Hes damn near Jordanesque sometimes.

But ya, the Thunder arent stupid enough to trade him. This is just a pipe dream.

no you would be a just like any other short sighted LazyGM. :cool:

and i said if 'age & injury wasn't a concern' then i pick those other top pgs over westbrook. i'm just not a fan of a SG disguised as PG. never have been. i need my PG/combo guard to be clear cut #2 in scoring option. This freaky talent dominates the ball even with KD is on the court. that takes a lot of talent and selfishness. who does that to a leading scorer?

if KD wasn't there and westbrook was a lead dog, do you even know what kind of player he would become? a ball dominant, do it all scorer - Iverson would be my guess. just stop and think for a moment. a guy shoots more than KD in many occasion - there aren't a PG on this earth who can pull that off other than AI another SG playing PG. we are not talking about gordon hayward. we are talking about friggin KD.

was i impressed with his triple double? a little. that was easy game for him. just look at the spacing. memphis ran out of gas and he took over. he does that time to time. no doubt he is a supreme talent. but in every great games, you'll still get some bonehead games where he ball dominate and shoots way too much and even take KD out of the game. where he becomes impatient and make KD cringe inside. i'm not a fan of that. i want a clear hierarchy. history says you need that.

and those who says kyrie is overrated - yes, he is. but he plays for the cavs. he is a victim of awful front office. and remember kyrie is the youngest of the bunch. dude is natural. he too can get into a hero mode. all of young talent PGs have westbrook tendencies. but it's because kyrie has nobody. guys like kyrie would benefit tremendously if he plays with KD. he would thrive.

if all of those PGs i mentioned were in a same draft kyrie would be #2 pick behind d rose. westbrook would be one of the last because GMs would not be sold on his point guard ability.

#FabForwardThinkingGMTrey

lillard
curry
parker
d rose
wall
paul
irving
Screw those guys, "If age and health wasn't a concern" I'd take John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Kevin Johnson, Gary Payton and Steve Nash over everyone on your list.

In okc 7 game series against the grizzlies, westbrook was the thunders leading rebounder.

Odd

In okc 7 game series against the grizzlies, westbrook was the thunders leading rebounder.

Odd

Not really Russ is one of the best rebounding PG. When you factor in Ibaka was guarding Gasol who can play away from the basket, and Perkins significant decline in production it's not that surprising.