What's new

Russell Westbrook, Yay or Nay?

Ok, we should decide: do we want Russell Westbrook to play for the Jazz for the rest of the year?

• Yes, we want to get back into the playoffs

• Yes, he will be the tank commander

• No, he would ruin chemistry

• No, he's too good and it's Wembyama time!

Results are only viewable after voting.
From Sportskeeda.com:
"When a buyout has been agreed upon, the team pays the player the amount they negatiated. The player enters the waiver wire for 48 hours before becoming a free agent and choosing the team he wants to play for next."
You guys watch… the Suns’ new owner is going to claim him off waivers since Isiah isn’t there to teach him what ropes he knows. Since Phoenix doesn’t have cap space to absorb Westbrook’s salary on a waiver claim, it will be like when Chris Weber tried to call a timeout he didn’t have (didn’t Donovan actually do this last year?) and, instead of the league nullifying it, they’re going to penalize the Suns by making them pay the difference between their salary cap and the luxury tax to us while not being able to retain Westbrook. Silver is feeling particularly gracious about this after we handed the Lakers some good talent on a platter without much in return and because he’s got some good vibes about a successful weekend with Ryan and Dwyane.

Feels like a Sacramento Kings power move.
They’d have to have the cap space to claim his contract… no one has that amount of space. Kings are trying very hard not to Kangz this year.

Well I imagine Ryan Smith feels a little lighter in the wallet tomorrow. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but we need to continue to develop our young guys and navigate clear of the playoff picture.

Well I imagine Ryan Smith feels a little lighter in the wallet tomorrow. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but we need to continue to develop our young guys and navigate clear of the playoff picture.
Why would he feel lighter in the wallet? He was either going to pay Westbook's remaining salary OR Westbrook's buyout plus the cost of getting to the required number of players. Ends up being about the same either way, I think.

Why would he feel lighter in the wallet? He was either going to pay Westbook's remaining salary OR Westbrook's buyout plus the cost of getting to the required number of players. Ends up being about the same either way, I think.
But he’s no longer paying him out over at scheduled intervals for services rendered, it’s a lump sum and it’s the whole lump sum, not a buyout scenario.

Off topic but it would've been nice to see D. Rose play in Utah when we were contending.
You mean the rookie Rose I assume. He is nothing postive for a contender, compared to his pre injury level and spent so many seasons in pain on the bench never reliable never available. Its a wonder he still has a job.