What's new

Sanders starting to kick some HC... whatever

bjwsan

Latest polls out of New Hampshire should be causing some serious pantsuit stress... you know, stress coming out of... wherever...

From Boston Herald; "Sanders leads Clinton 44-37 percent among likely Democratic primary voters, the first time the heavily favored Clinton has trailed in the 2016 primary campaign, according to the poll of 442 Granite-Staters... The live interview phone poll was conducted Aug. 7-10 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.7 percentage points.

Clearly outside of the margin of error... I'm seeing that crown start to slide....

Sanders just pulled a crowd of 28,000 in LA and right before that he had pulled a crowd of 19,000.

The public are realizing that Clinton is absolutely untrustworthy.

Untrustworthy perhaps for some. I just think she is un inspiring. Rather dull and dry, and she has a way of talking down to people. She is seen as a career politician who has got rich off her 'public service'.

I just don't think the millennials, or the working class connect with her.

All that said, there is no way the DNC lets Sanders make it out of convention ahead of Hillary.

Untrustworthy perhaps for some. I just think she is un inspiring. Rather dull and dry, and she has a way of talking down to people. She is seen as a career politician who has got rich off her 'public service'.

I just don't think the millennials, or the working class connect with her.

All that said, there is no way the DNC lets Sanders make it out of convention ahead of Hillary.

All the uninspiring and what not aside. Do you think she is trustworthy at all?

my default position is that most politicians aren't trustworthy. A few of them strike me as less trustworthy than others. Hillary seems to me to be capable of saying or doing anything in order to meet her goals.

Trustworthy? Not one bit.

+1 on the Uninspiring... even her covert affairs are f'n uninspiring... 'convenience' 'one, not two devices...' I almost believed her because I thought no one would be that dumb with their lies... but I'm clearly wrong... she is that dull, dry and dumb.

I can't stand listening to news clips of her rallies or interview for more than 3 minutes... (not JUST because of a different viewpoint... I listen to all you guys!!!) it's just that she bores the hell out of me and her delivery is ... uhm... oh, yea... uninspiring.

Can you imagine being an employee of GE or Cisco and having to sit there and listen to this? Or the guy who paid for it... OMG... Or best yet... $451K to Salesforce.com... I bet the ROI on that, through improved performance... is, uh... ... ... hell, by now, it's a sunk cost... especially if she doesn't get in...

Sanders/?? v Rubio/Kasich for the presidency?

I say Rubio/Kasich as that may be the GOPs best chance of winning (young, handsome, latino senator from the swingstate of FL and an older, white gov. from the swingstate of Ohio) based on current candidates.

Agreed w/ you, and even recently said to someone claiming it was going to be Clinton/Bush... 60/40... so I gave Clinton a better chance of getting in than Bush...
Right now... I don't know. Think the turn yesterday on the email issue has gone to a dangerous level... and Bernie is going to put pressure on her... so she will start to respond... and, sorry for those who like HC... when she talks, she looses points... so this is going downhill, pretty fast...

I'm thinking about placing bets on Howard Schultz... Agree that Bernie ain't going to make it... but thinking HC is DOA, so DEMs grab HS, and serve up a new tasty brew...

I say Rubio/Kasich as that may be the GOPs best chance of winning (young, handsome, latino senator from the swingstate of FL and an older, white gov. from the swingstate of Ohio) based on current candidates.

I'm OK w/ 1/2 your ticket... but think Rubio is NOT ready for prime time...
Fiorina/Rubio, if you want a broad based appeal, or Fiorina/Kasich if you want political experience added to Fiorina ticket...

Fiorina/Rubio, if you want a broad based appeal, or Fiorina/Kasich if you want political experience added to Fiorina ticket...

There we go with the MsMo, what in the world is 'prime time' in your view? And political experience for that matter, this is a race about ideology, no experience needed.

I think any combination of Rubio/Fiorina/Kasich would work with the exception of Kasich only being a VP. Broadens the GOP base (women and/or latinos) some, better chance at crucial swing state or two, not the typical same old white guy, more relatable (look at Rubio's life story)...

Sanders/?? v Rubio/Kasich for the presidency?

I think it's gunna be a Fiorina/Perry ticket

Could be Rubio at either Potus/VP

I used to work for HP Outsourcing in Spain, while Fiorina was the CEO. Her policy of outsourcing as many jobs as possible overseas stripped away many jobs for Americans in an American company. I was making half as much than any other American would be making for the same job. Thanks to Fiorina I had a job :)

The funny thing is HP then proceeded to outsource the out-sourcerers and took the jobs from Spain to India, for even lower salaries! Hence I moved to the US.

You think that would make for a good POTUS?

I used to work for HP Outsourcing in Spain, while Fiorina was the CEO. Her policy of outsourcing as many jobs as possible overseas stripped away many jobs for Americans in an American company. I was making half as much than any other American would be making for the same job. Thanks to Fiorina I had a job :)

The funny thing is HP then proceeded to outsource the out-sourcerers and took the jobs from Spain to India, for even lower salaries! Hence I moved to the US.

Who said anything about that?

What I did say is that a combination of Fiorina/Rubio/Kasich would give the GOP their best shot of winning.

As for Fiorina and her outsourcing. I wont defend her as I do not know enough about her policies to do so.

I won't vote for a republican. I will vote libertarian.(No I don't care if they can't win)

I think Fiorina will win the nomination though and probably the presidency.

As far as outsourcing is concerned CEO's don't have a choice. Even many companies that were proud to be "Made in America" have given in and moved manufacturing overseas. Made in America has become an increasingly small niche in the market. The truth is that if your competitor is selling something for less or making a larger profit your company is going to lose market share. To win the general she will need a jobs plan but I don't think she will necessarily need that to win the primary.

Like Mellow said, Clinton is so uninspiring. Just another career politician. I would not vote for a social conservative because I care about civil rights, and they tend to take a counterproductively aggressive stance on foreign relations. Trump is an idiot in my book. Jeb Bush is another uninspiring career politician. Rand Paul might be more interesting than Hillary Clinton. I am intrigued by Sanders, but his views on the economy seem to be a bunch of populist cliches. Still, I would like to see him win the Dem nomination as it would give me something to think about. A Clinton vs. establishment Rep election would probably mean I skip the vote.

I won't vote for a republican. I will vote libertarian.(No I don't care if they can't win)

I think Fiorina will win the nomination though and probably the presidency.

As far as outsourcing is concerned CEO's don't have a choice. Even many companies that were proud to be "Made in America" have given in and moved manufacturing overseas. Made in America has become an increasingly small niche in the market. The truth is that if your competitor is selling something for less or making a larger profit your company is going to lose market share. To win the general she will need a jobs plan but I don't think she will necessarily need that to win the primary.

I like your approach, I voted libertarian last time. Because between voting for **** and crap I choose neither.

Like Mellow said, Clinton is so uninspiring. Just another career politician. I would not vote for a social conservative because I care about civil rights, and they tend to take a counterproductively aggressive stance on foreign relations. Trump is an idiot in my book. Jeb Bush is another uninspiring career politician. Rand Paul might be more interesting than Hillary Clinton. I am intrigued by Sanders, but his views on the economy seem to be a bunch of populist cliches. Still, I would like to see him win the Dem nomination as it would give me something to think about. A Clinton vs. establishment Rep election would probably mean I skip the vote.

I am more in line with the Dems on social policies (even when I personally disagree with them) and more in line with conservatives on foreign policy.

I am to uninformed on economics to really know.