What's new

Sanders starting to kick some HC... whatever

To bad none of these politicians are concerned with butting the hell out of our business.

I'd almost hope for a Sanders/Trump election just to see the establishment political jackasses have simultaneous strokes.

I'll give you Sanders, but Trump is very much "the establishment." Unless you consider the fact that he hasn't held political office before to mean he's not.

I'll give you Sanders, but Trump is very much "the establishment." Unless you consider the fact that he hasn't held political office before to mean he's not.

How exactly can you be "establishment" although you've never held a political office?

He might be the "establishment" but not the political "establishment." He definitely doesn't play by the political rulebook when it comes to debate and policy and whatnot. It's actually great because you know the other clowns are hating it. He even makes Rand Paul looks like an establishment guy, which was disappointing to me.

LETS GO BERNIE I AM FEELIN DA MAW****ING BERN RIGHT NOW BROS

How exactly can you be "establishment" although you've never held a political office?

Are we now going to operate under the idea that establishment is restricted to elected leaders only, and not those who fund and control them? If Wall Street isn't part of the establishment, I don't know what is.

Are we now going to operate under the idea that establishment is restricted to elected leaders only, and not those who fund and control them? If Wall Street isn't part of the establishment, I don't know what is.

Establishment simply refers to the Republican or Democratic institutions, which coordinate their votes, message, and agendas in order to maximize their political gains. It has nothing to do with being against "the man".

I am still trying to figure out what the thread title means.

Establishment simply refers to the Republican or Democratic institutions, which coordinate their votes, message, and agendas in order to maximize their political gains. It has nothing to do with being against "the man".

? Oh the beauty and ambiguity of the English language...
Way too restrictive here in Deutschland... at least in speaking (though I don't...)

In 'most' past references, 'the man' was the establishment (for us old guys...)
but here, think you're right...

So I just watched an hour long Sanders stump speech. I've seen him on Meet the Press and CNN or whatever in the past but I've never watched a stump speech until today. Dude is good, like scary good.

Bernie would be an economic disaster, but he would be entertaining.

Still don't see how anybody could support him, but whatevs.

Latest polls out of New Hampshire should be causing some serious pantsuit stress... you know, stress coming out of... wherever...

From Boston Herald; "Sanders leads Clinton 44-37 percent among likely Democratic primary voters, the first time the heavily favored Clinton has trailed in the 2016 primary campaign, according to the poll of 442 Granite-Staters... The live interview phone poll was conducted Aug. 7-10 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.7 percentage points.

Clearly outside of the margin of error... I'm seeing that crown start to slide....

He doesn't have a chance. If he won, Franklin's head will explode.

GO SANDERS!

Bernie would be an economic disaster, but he would be entertaining.

Very clearly, decades of soul-less money making have turned us into what we are now. Couldn't hurt to try another path.

I'm willing to chance it to prove you wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvZRsdHgxgA

What a beautiful commentary on the American political system from 30 years ago-- scarily accurate. Watch the first 5 minutes of Noam's speech.

Very clearly, decades of soul-less money making have turned us into what we are now. Couldn't hurt to try another path.

Are you cross eyed from staring down your nose at society too hard?

Yeah, you're wrong. I'm not saying changes don't need to be made, they do. This system of crony capitalism is disgusting and doesn't help that many people. With that said, this guy wants to remove the multitude of choices that we have. He wants to lower the income gap by reducing our economic growth. Those are things that aren't sustainable, and long term they hurt everybody.

Sanders likes to rail about how too many people go hungry, but wants to lower economic growth to achieve his goals. Then we have the food and agriculture organization that says, Economic growth is necessary for alleviating poverty and reducing hunger and malnutrition,”

If Bernie Sanders is our president, the economic implications will put this country in a far worse place than its ever been.