What's new

Screw it.. GAME #82 Jazz playing another basketball game in Memphis 4/17 6PM Utah Time ESPN

You are too high on him!!

Foye is like young Mo. They are both sucked up SGs who can score 20+ when they are fired up, but shoot less than 20% the rest of the time. And Mo is written down as a PG on the paper, thats the only difference

Wrong. There absolutely was enough talent on this team to make the playoffs. But that talent was brutally mismanaged by a lobotomized coach. I mean, Randy Foye played the third most minutes on this team this season. More overall minutes than Hayward and Favors, and way more minutes per game than Kanter or Burks. The Clippers' 9th man a year ago. Randy ****ing Foye. That fact alone is indefensible.

Great post.

In addition... What about our systems?

Our offense? Yikes.
Defense? Huh? I thought Ty was supposed to change things up and the defense was going to be better?

Ty Corbin is an epic fail of a coach in so many ways. Motivation, game management, rotations, player development, coolness, and offensive and defensive systems.

Durring the Houston Lakers Broadcast:

Guy #1: Lakers are in the Playoffs after a horrible performance by the Jazz. Only 68 points in a must win game.

JVG: What Ty Corbin has done with their perimeter play was an achievement, the perimeter play was inconsistent at best all season. And to get that many wins was an achievement. They will really need to improve the perimeter play if they want to move up in the west.
Sounds like JVG is giving signs to KOC he knows what to do.

Couldn't the coach improve that perimeter play by not playing randy foye the whole game every game?

Mo averaged 20 minutes for LAC last year in playoffs, Foye 26.

VDN has never been accused of being a genius but I think he played that pretty smart. But Ty Co doesn't have Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups and Bledsoe on his bench.

Again, this comes back to KOC and Corbin.

If the Jazz's perimeter players sucked, then why didn't they unload a big or two before the deadline to improve the guard line?

They make it sound like this season was doomed before it even began and there was nothing to do to fix it.

There was plenty to do. Here it is game 82 and Marvin Williams is still playing ahead of junkyard dog. Nuff said.

There's just no consistency in the rotations. Carroll was a critical part of the Jazz's win at Golden State, but didn't play at all in this game.

I love how ESPN calls the Jazz's performance "woeful" at every opportunity.

heavyweight_fail_03.gif

heavyweight_fail_05.gif

heavyweight_fail_09.gif

heavyweight_fail_10.gif

heavyweight_fail_12.gif

heavyweight_fail_15.gif

VDN has never been accused of being a genius but I think he played that pretty smart. But Ty Co doesn't have Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups and Bledsoe on his bench.

Good answer

Would rep if I could

On a different note, I feel like VDN is the one playoff coach this year who is worse than Corbin. Yes, I said it.

Links? Who are the fanboys who thought this team was well put together (not flawed) and deserved to be in the playoffs?

Just because some posters (like myself) wanted to see the Jazz make the playoffs didn't mean we thought the Jazz were a good team or had a right to the playoffs. It's the ****ing 8 seed. It means you area a middle of the pack team - which is what the Jazz are.

I can't cheer against the Jazz during a game. No matter how I feel about what's best for the team. However, going forward with this group was pointless.
People here told me that maybe we could give someone a hard time in the playoffs. I flat out told them they were wrong, and they were. Now we'll be in the lotto,
and even the difference of 1 slot can be huge. We are all fan boys to some extent, but some of us couldn't admit this team didn't deserve to go forward.
It's been clear for a long time. Now a lot of the media is finally on board.

this game was lost on the first defensive possesion.
it was all i needed to see to see the outcome.
i knew which al would show up that night

he just ****ING STOOD THERE WHILE ZACH RANDOLPH HAD A WIDE OPEN 3-4 Foot jumper.
turned the game off right then and there.

edit. seeing the box score i see al suckkerson played 40 minutes
and has a team leading -15 :).
well atleast he had his EPIC stats
22 points on frickin 19 shots 16 rebounds

milsap might not have the individual stats but ATLEAST he is a TEAM BEST -3(not counting evans who played about a minute).

yet people also rag on millsap.
say what you will millsap individual stats may not be great but the team is better off with him!

this game was lost on the first defensive possesion.
it was all i needed to see to see the outcome.
i knew which al would show up that night

he just ****ING STOOD THERE WHILE ZACH RANDOLPH HAD A WIDE OPEN 3-4 Foot jumper.
turned the game off right then and there.

edit. seeing the box score i see al suckkerson played 40 minutes
and has a team leading -15 :).
well atleast he had his EPIC stats
22 points on frickin 19 shots 16 rebounds

milsap might not have the individual stats but ATLEAST he is a TEAM BEST -3(not counting evans who played about a minute).

yet people also rag on millsap.
say what you will millsap individual stats may not be great but the team is better off with him!

Sap of course is way better than BA, as he does not destroy everyone else's games. That said, he is not really starting quality and if they were to keep him, he MUST come off the bench. But I see no way that would happen, and we would go another 2, 3, or 4 years with the smallest starting PF in the league playing ahead of #3 picks.

Sap of course is way better than BA, as he does not destroy everyone else's games. That said, he is not really starting quality and if they were to keep him, he MUST come off the bench. But I see no way that would happen, and we would go another 2, 3, or 4 years with the smallest starting PF in the league playing ahead of #3 picks.
sap needs a offensive system.
Team Basketball!

I know this is late and there may have been a better thread than this to post this in but I just wanted to point out people that are complaining that Hayward got yelled at sound like over sensitive parents. Also just to point out you know who coaches yell at the most and are the hardest on (from the coach Sloan mantra) the players you expect the most from. So what that tells me is he has higher expectations from the core 4 than most of the vets and wants to try and get them doing the right things from the beginning .