What's new

Seeking Tenant/Eviction knowledge.

I think I would probably dig in my heels and tell her you're going to follow the lease agreement. You'll be out of there soon enough.

How long have you been there?

Does anyone else here think that maybe this "Cocaine" guy might have actually took something from her? I mean he is broke and his name suggests he uses drugs. Isnt that what druggies do? Steal **** when they are broke?

Screw what the law says anyways. Its her house. She wants you out, so get the **** out. No one should be obligated to provide for you. Get your **** together and stop bumming off other people. And stop going through people's drawers. Ya, I suspect you went through her ****. I doubt she just comes out and tells you something like that. And I bet there is much more to the story too. There always is. Im quite sure that she just didnt get upset with you all of a sudden. She probably was already sick of all sorts of other ****. Like you hanging out in the basement not working, doing a bunch of drugs.

Anyways, I digress.

If none of this is true, then sorry bro. But you brought it on yourself with the name Cocaine.

And you asked for my reply when you asked for a Hack's opinion.

Sniff
Sniff

Evening,

I recently posted about my wife and I being evicted from the basement apartment we're staying in. Left earlier today to do some shopping and came home to a "Three Day Notice to Vacate For Criminal Nuisance" on the premise that,

"Through the actions of the tenants, Matthew and Krista ****, had money and other items stolen from their bedrooms."

There is a case# attached. Apparently, a bunch of crap has gone missing from the mother and daughter's rooms upstairs, which we were not aware of until now.
My question: Can we rightfully be kicked out within three days for nothing more than suspicion? We have noticed they came into our room and went through all of our drawers and closet looking for the missing items but have not said anything.

Our lease clearly states, "This is a month to month lease; a thirty day noticed is required in order to receive full deposit. Owner of the house would also need to give a thirty day notice to request roommates to move out."
Next week, November 2nd, I am taking my wife to Washington to live with her mom for a while and I will be finding a place to rent until she either gets back or I move up there with her, so moving out isn't that big of an issue. My only problem is that until next week, I am dead broke and have nowhere for either of us to go. We'll literally be sleeping in our car(Not very comfortable).

I know it's a long shot, but maybe one of you hacks has some knowledge on the subject. Would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to kill time until tomorrow(Civil offices are closed so I am unable to discuss this Case# until then)

Thanks.

If you're current on rent, she can give you thirty days' notice of ending your lease. If you're not current on rent, she can give you a three-day "Notice to Quit or Pay Rent" stating the amount owed. The "Criminal Nuisance" twist is fiction, unless you've been convicted in a court.

Tell her you'll be leaving on schedule, essentially giving her the notice required, and don't move before you need to on your own reasons. Kicky is right about the idea of asking a lawyer, generally, but you're broke. So tell the lady the truth, and stick to it, and stay out of her way as much as possible and make it seem like you're not there, so far as you can. There will be no police coming to evict you until a judge gives the order, and that won't happen within the time you need to stay there.