What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

We made the record books. Twelfth team in NBA history to blow a 3-1 lead. This team lacks a killer instinct and if we're as soft as people say we are that only points to one man - the one with the clipboard.

It really sucks, this one still stings for me.

Mitchell had one of the greatest playoff series ever and just ran out of steam the last game. He missed so many easy shots throughout the game and the turnover hurts almost as much as the 8 second back court in game 1.

Mitchell now holds the 4th best PER in a playoff season of all time. Davis this year is just ahead of him so that could change.

Conley has a league best offensive rating of 142 and his net rating was +23. That offensive rating is the 8th best ever in the playoffs! We got a lot out of him this series. That last shot would have been epic and was so close to going in. Instead it was heart break and I dont think he will be here come playoffs next year, but I could be wrong.

Gobert was not great in this series. He finally started playing like his old self in the second half of game 7 but it was too little too late. I am not sure where his head was at and if that will be resolved going forward. Most advanced stats say this was his worst playoff performance in his career.

I think Clarkson ended up being pretty meh for this series and made me rethink his role going forward. I think we should re-sign him if we can for a reasonable deal but look to move him.

Ingles and Royce were bad. Ingles is usually not great on offense in the playoffs but has been a decent to good defender but he was not at all this year. I think Royce hustles but his defense is over rated. Both of them passing up wide open threes that our system is designed to get really hurts our team a lot.

Last edited:
Of course Denver cools off from 3 finally. I know Clippers are better defense but they are missing the same 3s they were making against us at a crazy high number above their averages.

It really sucks, this one still stings for me.

Mitchell had one of the greatest playoff series ever and just ran out of steam the last game. He missed so many easy shots throughout the game and the turnover hurts almost as much as the 8 second back court in game 1.

Mitchell now holds the 4th best PER in a playoff season of all time. Davis this year is just ahead of him so that could change.

Conley has a league best offensive rating of 142 and his net rating was +23. That offensive rating is the 8th best ever in the playoffs! We got a lot out of him this series. That last shot would have been epic and was so close to going in. Instead it was heart break and I dont think he will be here come playoffs next year, but I could be wrong.

Gobert was not great in this series. He finally started playing like his old self in the second half of game 7 but it was too little too late. I am not sure where his head was at and if that will be resolved going forward. Most advanced stats say this was his worst playoff performance in his career.

I think Clarkson ended up being pretty meh for this series and made me rethink his role going forward. I think we should re-sign him if we can for a reasonable deal but look to move him.

Ingles and Royce were bad. Ingles is usually not great on offense in the playoffs but has been a decent to good defender but he was not at all this year. I think Royce hustles but his defense is over rated. Both of them passing up wide open threes that our system is designed to get really hurts our team a lot.

This about sums it up perfectly.