What's new

Sexton injury

This could prove to be more trouble then some might think for Sexton. He spent so much energy and effort getting back and still was not full speed. I think this soon of a setback could push him to force his way back fast, and wreckless, leading to a lifetime of recurring injuries. I think if there is any chance Ainge was going to trade him during the season its gone now.

I personally would keep Lauri and Kessler. Everyone else should be up for grabs if the deal is right

This could prove to be more trouble then some might think for Sexton. He spent so much energy and effort getting back and still was not full speed. I think this soon of a setback could push him to force his way back fast, and wreckless, leading to a lifetime of recurring injuries. I think if there is any chance Ainge was going to trade him during the season its gone now.
Relax man, is a minor hamstring strain

The next few games will be a good test for NAW.
I am a NAW skeptic... I'm mildly intrigued with how he played last game but generally just not that interested in him. He could be interesting if he shows a little improvement as a league minimum good vibes fill in guy for the next year or two.

I just don't believe in his jumper... some weird stuff going on there. If he can be consistent at like 38% catch and shoot then the defense might carry him. As a ball handler I have been fairly unimpressed. He moves well but he doesn't seem to go anywhere. Willing to give him 5 or so games to kick the tires.

The Jazz are 0-1 without Sexton.

Just thought I'd keep a little running tally here since all the talking heads were constantly using Conley's injury as a crutch for losses. The dirty little secret is that this team was already slipping a bit before Mike's injury.

Just thought I'd keep a little running tally here since all the talking heads were constantly using Conley's injury as a crutch for losses. The dirty little secret is that this team was already slipping a bit before Mike's injury.
I mean it wasn't that Sexton could not handle the starting gig, despite his hater clubs claims as much as the one's being tasked with his role off the bench were not as efficient that ultimately contributed to issues scoring wise. I hope when he comes back if there are not more injuries, they will be whole again. Maybe someone steps up and he is missed less, but it is going to be hard to find that kind of player from the pool of options available as is.
Maybe if THT was able to hit shots efficiently he could step up but that seems less likely since he has never been efficient.

You could just as well say that nobody is ever safe in the NBA. Which is true, kind of.

Lauri and Kessler are as safe as it gets.
Ainge just dealt Rudy and Don from a perennial playoff team because he didn't see that group as a legit title contenders. As a Jazz fan I might not like it but I understand his logic.

If you believe anyone is "safe" long term then I have a bridge to sell you. Ainge is going to keep churning the roster until he gets it to a championship level which is obviously going to take a few years. If Lauri is 27-28 years old nearing the end of his contract and the team is nowhere close to being a legit contender, I'm fairly certain Ainge would likely consider all options including trades. It's all about the ultimate goal with him.

Ainge just dealt Rudy and Don from a perennial playoff team because he didn't see that group as a legit title contenders. As a Jazz fan I might not like it but I understand his logic.

If you believe anyone is "safe" long term then I have a bridge to sell you. Ainge is going to keep churning the roster until he gets it to a championship level which is obviously going to take a few years. If Lauri is 27-28 years old nearing the end of his contract and the team is nowhere close to being a legit contender, I'm fairly certain Ainge would likely consider all options including trades. It's all about the ultimate goal with him.
Sure. I was thinking more in the short term

Because Lauri is out my guy.

My bigger point is this team seems to be running out of steam a little bit. Coming back down to earth.
Naah its just the fact that Hardy keeps putting the games in JC hands who is not the guy.

Last 11 games in the second halves he is not defending well (e.g. 2 steals total), has been bad at shooting (FG 41.3%, 3PT 17.6%), leads the team in attempts (FGA 9.6 vs 7.0 by the next guy) and usage (9% lead over our best player)...

....yet everyone cheers for him for the likeable guy he is and absolutely no one bites when I keep calling his BS out.

If Hardy can just make JC stop his poor man DM imitation and get him to play within the offense, we will get back to winning in no time.