What's new

Sexton injury

OK let's do this for Lauri too.

The Jazz are 1-1 without Lauri.

My bigger point is this team seems to be running out of steam a little bit. Coming back down to earth.
Injuries to your main players are definitely helping with that. This game would tell you the opposite of this team is running out of steam. We had the least amount of players available yet and still almost won. It doesn't matter who we lose. If they are a major contributor it will hurt us a lot. One of our biggest strengths was our depth. We had no stars but had a long list of solid players. When that changes the team struggles.

Injuries to your main players are definitely helping with that. This game would tell you the opposite of this team is running out of steam. We had the least amount of players available yet and still almost won. It doesn't matter who we lose. If they are a major contributor it will hurt us a lot. One of our biggest strengths was our depth. We had no stars but had a long list of solid players. When that changes the team struggles.
Agreed. The overall depth on this team is insane esp for a supposed "rebuild" season.

I do contend that if Ainge truly wanted to compete for the playoffs this season he wouldn't have 35 yo Conley as the only established PG on the roster. I love our young guys, and have seen tangible development, but let's be honest none of them have ever been asked to run an NBA team. THT was playing off Lebron and if he could shoot he would still be in LA. Sexton, NAW were scoring guards on their previous teams. KO can playmake/pass a little from the frontcourt but he's obviously not a PG. The list goes on...

Can't help but root for these competitive losses in a so called rebuild season. This will potentially be the offseason to add 1-2 difference makers in the draft. Even with Ainge's warchest they don't own a FRP in the '24 draft.

I think everyone is tradeable but I want to keep more than Kessler, Lauri. In the NBA teams need depth and there are plenty of solid role players on this team. Next year the Jazz are going to have 3 first rounders, one pick is potentially a lottery pick. Jazz have been losing lately but they are competitive in most games. I think they should pick up Beasley options, Sexton and Vandy can play roles off the bench. Conley most likely will be gone. I have been pleasantly pleased with this year's team, I like their effort and ability to shoot/score. I still want them to get a high lotto pick but they are fun to watch.

After trading DM and Rudy, I would say nobody is safe. It is the NBA if a team can get better, they will make a trade.
hence nobody being safe on a rebuilding roster, but it looks like the front office may be patient enough, here so far, to have opted for "retooling" for now given the amount of players with youth and upside that they were able to get for the two allstars. I think they are fine with letting them play to win this season and if someone comes knocking looking for veteran help and is willing to give up assets, then sure anyone could get moved. But at the end of the season I doubt this roster is much different outside of role player swaps and maybe one younger player heading to the Jazz when a contender needs a back up veteran pg like Mike or a plug in 6 aka JC. I think JC still has highest probability of being the one teams are wanting, even if he isn't moved. I think they will assume all it costs them is a late first and salary matching, but I doubt Danny accepts less than at least one high upside front court option that fits the roster if JC is moved. If Mike is are moved it will probably be someone like OG in Toronto and the Jazz have to give up the Nets pick maybe throw in NAW

hence nobody being safe on a rebuilding roster, but it looks like the front office may be patient enough, here so far, to have opted for "retooling" for now given the amount of players with youth and upside that they were able to get for the two allstars. I think they are fine with letting them play to win this season and if someone comes knocking looking for veteran help and is willing to give up assets, then sure anyone could get moved. But at the end of the season I doubt this roster is much different outside of role player swaps and maybe one younger player heading to the Jazz when a contender needs a back up veteran pg like Mike or a plug in 6 aka JC. I think JC still has highest probability of being the one teams are wanting, even if he isn't moved. I think they will assume all it costs them is a late first and salary matching, but I doubt Danny accepts less than at least one high upside front court option that fits the roster if JC is moved. If Mike is are moved it will probably be someone like OG in Toronto and the Jazz have to give up the Nets pick maybe throw in NAW
Lauri and Kessler are clearly safe.

Lauri and Kessler are clearly safe.
If Enrico Pallazzo was running the team, I would agree those two are pretty much safe for now. But he isn't and Kessler for sure is no more or less safe than anyone else under 25 even ones that never play like Ochai.
The only players getting moved are vets if any if its just for more picks or other young players, thats a given. But noone is ever safe on a Danny Ainge run roster.

Any updates @Jingled @Elizah Huge or any other twitter users? Has it been a week yet (I feel like it has)

NAW getting some more minutes and them being conservative with Collin are good things. Hopefully it really isn't a setback.

I'm dazzled with this latest injury. It seems he wasn't healed and then goes out and tweaks it again. WTF is wrong with the training/medical staff? The coaching staff shouldn't allow him back until he is super duper healed this time. NAW is the time for NAW I guess.