What's new

Sexual Harassment Scandals: What about Trump?

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
So this deserves a thread to remind everyone that, while Hollywood and politicians are being outed left and right, Trump is an accused sexual predator in his own right.

I would like to hear some Trump supporters provide reasons for voting and supporting him even though he has multiple accusers and was caught ON TAPE talking about assaulting women.

How the hell is he getting off the hook here? AGAIN?

I don't care how good you think his policies will be for the country. The guy is a lying, untrustworthy, dirtbag. A piece of human ****. How anyone looks past this is beyond me. Please, someone explain this to me.

Because, to this point, "decency" in politicians is primarily a ploy to put down other politicians that aren't a part of your 'tribe'.

When you have 50 pastors voicing their support of Moore, it just crystallizes things-- they don't give a **** if "their guy" is a sex-offender, or a rapist (which Trump surely is). They just care if he can win, and enact policies that they agree with.

--

For what its worth, Democrats should force Franken to resign. I'm sure they wont because they're spineless and myopic and can't see how this would benefit them in the long-term, but that's what should happen. Obviously what Franken did isn't as bad as what Moore did, but that's not the point.

--

I've been warmed by seeing men losing jobs, occupations, and positions of power ever since the start of this #metoo campaign-- and I hope it continues.

Because it takes more than allegations to make a president step down. All these other people can be pressured out of their positions, but you cant really do that to the president. Unless there is an actual case and indictment, I don't think anything is going to happen on that front, sadly.

Because, to this point, "decency" in politicians is primarily a ploy to put down other politicians that aren't a part of your 'tribe'.

When you have 50 pastors voicing their support of Moore, it just crystallizes things-- they don't give a **** if "their guy" is a sex-offender, or a rapist (which Trump surely is). They just care if he can win, and enact policies that they agree with.

--

For what its worth, Democrats should force Franken to resign. I'm sure they wont because they're spineless and myopic and can't see how this would benefit them in the long-term, but that's what should happen. Obviously what Franken did isn't as bad as what Moore did, but that's not the point.

--

I've been warmed by seeing men losing jobs, occupations, and positions of power ever since the start of this #metoo campaign-- and I hope it continues.

Franken has a single allegation against him from a person who says she doesn't want him to step down. The kissing thing is disturbing in the way she described it. I'd assume if this was a pattern of behavior we'll have other women step forward with similar stories.

The boob grab while she's in a flack jacket and asleep, also disturbing and if that's a pattern of behavior I think we'll soon find out. But keep in mind, he's grabbing boobs that are protected by armor, he ain't really grabbing boobs there, besides the fact that he doesn't even have his hands on the vest.

If this is just one of many examples I'll change my tune. But as it stands, we need to have a sense of severity for these things. Franken is on the lower end of the spectrum. The only solid argument I can think of for him stepping down is as a political ploy to show that Democrats hold themselves, and their own, to a higher standard, so that they have more legitimacy going after Moore and Trump.

I don't think the audio of Trump clears the bar that means a President should step down. I think he addressed it in his way "locker room talk" and while that is not an adequate response to chit chat about sexual assault, we need to pick our battles on this new wave of awareness and concern for sexual assault and clear out the low hanging fruit, of which there is a **** ton. Trump is not, based on what we know now, among the worst of the worst.

There is a cultural shift happening. At least I hope there is a cultural shift happening. We cannot retroactively condemn every man who acted in ways that were at the time generally accepted ways for a man to act. We need to establish new standards and going forward hold men accountable to those standards. Hopefully women feel empowered to bring these situations to light. Hopefully we listen to them when they do. Hopefully this is an actual step forward and not a witch hunt to right past transgressions, done in a way that will leave us where we started minus a handful of casualties.

We need this to be the beginning of a new standard in the way men treat women. We need this to stick.

So this deserves a thread to remind everyone that, while Hollywood and politicians are being outed left and right, Trump is an accused sexual predator in his own right.

I would like to hear some Trump supporters provide reasons for voting and supporting him even though he has multiple accusers and was caught ON TAPE talking about assaulting women.

How the hell is he getting off the hook here? AGAIN?

I don't care how good you think his policies will be for the country. The guy is a lying, untrustworthy, dirtbag. A piece of human ****. How anyone looks past this is beyond me. Please, someone explain this to me.

I know there is a long range agenda here, and you, sir, are just a compliant pusher, reading the tea leaves maybe but maybe responding to specific suggestions about promoting the agenda.

Dems are willing to throw the Clintons under the bus, and some Hollywood pervs, specifically because they were the reason Trump's misconducts couldn't really be effectively used against him. So, here's an old dude who ran some beauty contests and obviously has a high regard for really beautiful women. I bet he's done some stuff. And of course, that is what Bobby Bush has done for a living.... riding around Hollywood wired for sound, starting dirty conversations with celebs. I bet he's got tons of stuff. I bet it's worth a gazillion dollars in the right sitch.

I don't accept dems or the lying media as any kind of authority on public morals, and no, this is not some kind of transformational moment in American culture where we're going to finally decide to be good. It might be some kind of new era for political witch hunts and civil lawsuits against wealthy pervs. But that's all there is to it.

But hey, if the Clintons will only just finally crawl under some rock and never be seen again, I'm all for it.

Clintons were the tops in the whole "politics of personal destruction" category, and your attitude just lumps you right in there as a Saul Alinsky acolyte as well. As such, you follow the ethical standards of political activists who have documented the case for why truth does not matter, it's how to achieve the political agenda. Whatever helps the cause, you should say and do. To the extent that this underlies your OP, you are yourself such a "a lying, untrustworthy, dirtbag. A piece of human ****.", I should ask folks in here to explain how they can look past what you are.

I don't care what JFK did with women, or Ted Kennedy, or anyone nearly so much as I care about the objective results of their Presidential actions.

I don't think the audio of Trump clears the bar that means a President should step down. I think he addressed it in his way "locker room talk" and while that is not an adequate response to chit chat about sexual assault, we need to pick our battles on this new wave of awareness and concern for sexual assault and clear out the low hanging fruit, of which there is a **** ton. Trump is not, based on what we know now, among the worst of the worst.

There is a cultural shift happening. At least I hope there is a cultural shift happening. We cannot retroactively condemn every man who acted in ways that were at the time generally accepted ways for a man to act. We need to establish new standards and going forward hold men accountable to those standards. Hopefully women feel empowered to bring these situations to light. Hopefully we listen to them when they do. Hopefully this is an actual step forward and not a witch hunt to right past transgressions, done in a way that will leave us where we started minus a handful of casualties.

We need this to be the beginning of a new standard in the way men treat women. We need this to stick.

Human beings cannot be reformed en masse. Where there is any kind of effort to do that, is essentially boils down to some kind of a witch hunt, some kind of a mass hysteria that compels humans to pretend to be "OK" in whatever respect you are focusing on.

The unfortunate delusions of reformers were the reason for Prohibition, doe.

If you want to treat women with respect, you will find it makes life quite a bit better for yourself. If enough women can just sorta lay down their expectations personally, they can make life better for everyone. Personal responsibility, and the thoughtfulness it takes to treat others right, it the buttered side of life's bread.

And why is it, I see this hopeful little idea about reforming the way we treat women as a return to feudalism.... you know.... the Dark Ages..... when chivalry was much heralded..... knights rescuing damsels in distress, gallant laying down their cloaks so ladies could cross the street without steeping in the horse poop, and such.....

The brave new world of modern sophistry has made women "equal" to the extent that they might very well impudently accuse a gentleman of misogyny for opening a door in front of them.

no, we need fewer items on our list of politically correct behaviors, not more. More sincerity, more respect, more actual decency.... not more laws.

#metoo campaign is just a women saying men x did B to me!

and you think people should lose their livelihood because of it.
whithout proof. ooh wait commies dont beleive in Innocent until proven guilty!

well at least your system gives them free healhtcare and wellfare!

Man its been stinking hot here today and birds have been getting around the city and work in not much, its getting to the end of my shift and i wouldn't mind a bit of sexual harassment tonight...

Babe, I think this is a turning point and an important one. I think it goes far beyond politics. If you want to say all this was initiated to stop Roy Moore and possibly Trump, well that's your thing, so you be you. But the floodgate is open.

I think the most important aspect is getting women to not accept their own abuse and feel entitled to justice, then closely behind that is everyone else taking what they say seriously.

Babe, I think this is a turning point and an important one. I think it goes far beyond politics. If you want to say all this was initiated to stop Roy Moore and possibly Trump, well that's your thing, so you be you. But the floodgate is open.

I think the most important aspect is getting women to not accept their own abuse and feel entitled to justice, then closely behind that is everyone else taking what they say seriously.

I confess, I am usually mystified by what women say to some extent. I consider it almost another language, conceptually-speaking. However, I have for some while been apprised of the fact that men ignore them at some peril. Right along with that, I have so far retained much of my plumage, though maybe looking a bit ragged and henpecked to some.

I will never be all onboard with any campaign to reduce men unfairly, any more than I will ever be all onboard with abusive men. I just think it will fail as a great new turn in political correctness. I do applaud the take-down of Hollywood pervs and political pervs, if the facts warrant the debunking. Even corporate pervs. I sincerely believe Judge Roy Moore did what he's accused of 40 years ago, but I think it does not rise to the level of relevance. I think he has been reformed by a sincere loving Christian woman who for good reason gave him pause for thought, and inspired him to be a better man. I think he should be given credit for the improvement, and I think every man who can make such a turn for the better should be judged on the fact of his sustained decades-long conduct. I hope he wins his election.

I worked for a company owned by a Trump-like billionaire for some years, who sported some NY skyscraper as HQ for his lieutenant honchos. Some story came out about a young woman who went there to interview for a job who was abused, and tried to tell the story. I think I learned about it from some commie lit passed out by some ardent political activists at the company gates. I believed it. My commie buddy also lost his job when he was fired for refusing to train replacement personnel during union contract negotiations. I still like him.

I know it stinks, I know it is pervasive, and I don't respect it. Maybe it is a time finally when people will not just turn a deaf ear. I think it has to be fought successfully in the courts, and that is more like having to hold pharmaceutical companies accountable for selling toxic deadly pills.... which needs to be done, too. Meanwhile, women should be beware and fend the best they can in a perverse world, just like we all need to fend for ourselves and do the best we can in a medical world that is politically corrupt, and dangerous to our very lives. Men also need to be aware of injustices that are routinely imposed on them judicially in divorce proceedings and in cases of false accusations perpetrated by women.

I do not support the general concept of putting the general business of government hostage to spectacular unproven accusations of any kind. I wish we had courts and judges who are indeed impartial and committed to the rule of law.

I think you're taking what I'm calling a turning point and thinking of it completely different terms.

First, telling men that they cannot abuse women sexually or otherwise, does not "reduce" men in any way. It raises us up, it makes us better.

Second, sexual abuse has nothing at all to do with political correctness, unless what you rail against when you're talking about political correctness is actually racial discrimination, social injustice and sexually assaulting women. I sure hope that not what being "politically incorrect" means. That's never been what I've taken it to mean.

And if you're right, if Roy Moore has changed and is no longer interested in sexually abusing teenage girls then I would agree that he should be judged as he is today, not who he was 40 years ago. I also don't feel like he needs to confess to the mob and ask them for forgiveness. There is no apology that will satisfy his opponents. There is no penance that will be great enough, even if he has lived 40 years without abusing any teenagers.

But by calling these women liars he is abusing them all over again. They suffered life altering abuse at his hand. He needs to simply make no comment and let them tell their story.

And yeah, babe, the timing is not an accident. But that really doesn't matter at all. If you are running for political office your opposition has no obligation to use incriminating info as soon as they get it. There was no imminent threat. They used the REAL information they had when they felt it would benefit them most. That doesn't make the information any less credible.

Oh and one final thing. You made a comment about the Clinton's. I admit when you start ranting about the Clinton's I start skimming.

But the Democrats finally dropping the Clinton's. Funny as hell. Have you seen Bill lately? He's not an asset, he's a very tired old man. Hillary is a liability. For all the demonizing and conspiracies that give Hillary nearly supernatural evil powers, she's actually just a human, one that no politician would touch with a 10 foot pole at this point. She lost an election that any other human would have won. She's is quite possibly the only person that could ever have lost that election to Trump. That's 100% on her and how negative her image is. Even most liberals don't like her much. Moderates were sincerely conflicted deciding if they should support her or that nasty buffoon that beat her. No one is wringing their hands wondering if now is the time to dump the Clinton's, it's done. They are not a force to be reckoned with in U.S. politics anymore.

Oh and one final thing. You made a comment about the Clinton's. I admit when you start ranting about the Clinton's I start skimming.

But the Democrats finally dropping the Clinton's. Funny as hell. Have you seen Bill lately? He's not an asset, he's a very tired old man. Hillary is a liability. For all the demonizing and conspiracies that give Hillary nearly supernatural evil powers, she's actually just a human, one that no politician would touch with a 10 foot pole at this point. She lost an election that any other human would have won. She's is quite possibly the only person that could ever have lost that election to Trump. That's 100% on her and how negative her image is. Even most liberals don't like her much. Moderates were sincerely conflicted deciding if they should support her or that nasty buffoon that beat her. No one is wringing their hands wondering if now is the time to dump the Clinton's, it's done. They are not a force to be reckoned with in U.S. politics anymore.
This from a guy who was probably the most vociferous defender of Hillary during the campaign. Wow. I can't help but ask myself what your position on this topic would have been had Hillary won. I think it's safe to say you would have continued vociferously defending her.

You've made some good points on the sexual abuse debate, but your willingness to overlook Clinton transgressions until it became chic to throw them overboard doesn't reflect well on you. Nothing about what the Clintons have done or how they have behaved has changed. The only difference is that they no longer have the political power to advance your agenda. That alone was enough to change your opinion of them 180 degrees.

This from a guy who was probably the most vociferous defender of Hillary during the campaign. Wow. I can't help but ask myself what your position on this topic would have been had Hillary won. I think it's safe to say you would have continued vociferously defending her.

You've made some good points on the sexual abuse debate, but your willingness to overlook Clinton transgressions until it became chic to throw them overboard doesn't reflect well on you. Nothing about what the Clintons have done or how they have behaved has changed. The only difference is that they no longer have the political power to advance your agenda. That alone was enough to change your opinion of them 180 degrees.

You clearly never paid attention to what I was actually saying during the campaign, even though I know I have clarified how I felt specifically for your benefit more than once. No point in doing so again other than to say you don't know or understand my position on Hillary. You assessment of how I would behave had she been elected is incorrect.

I'd push back a little on the idea that Hillary is the only candidate that Trump could have beat. It's not as though she's always been reviled, her approval ratings were somewhere around 65% when she was Secretary of State for example. I think what damaged her more than anything was that it was presumed she would be the nominee years before the election and had the entire right wing media establishment geared up against her during this time.

I'd push back a little on the idea that Hillary is the only candidate that Trump could have beat. It's not as though she's always been reviled, her approval ratings were somewhere around 65% when she was Secretary of State for example. I think what damaged her more than anything was that it was presumed she would be the nominee years before the election and had the entire right wing media establishment geared up against her during this time.
Geared up against here going back about 2 decades. They laid the foundation for negative public opinion on her going way way back.

You clearly never paid attention to what I was actually saying during the campaign, even though I know I have clarified how I felt specifically for your benefit more than once. No point in doing so again other than to say you don't know or understand my position on Hillary. You assessment of how I would behave had she been elected is incorrect.
Lol. You said
I guess I'm confusing you with the dumbass named Gameface who used to constantly post stuff like this. Sorry about that. You often remind me of him, though, so I got you two confused:
This election needs "none of the above" on the ballot.
Yeah, for dumbasses who don't want an awesome President.

Clinton will be a fantastic administrator of our nation. No one has ever been more qualified or more prepared. She gains nothing from hurting the U.S.. She has MUCH to gain by strengthening us.