What's new

Shannon Brown = Dantae Jones

breezy

remember 2 years ago when denver had a player named dantae jones? little undersized sg who nobody thought was going to be a big impact for denver. well, turned out that he helped denver go to the WCF (nearly beating the lakers) and denver was all the sudden better on defense! if we sign Shannon brown, i think he can really bring the same type of intensity jones brought to denver. most importantly, brown is hungry for a chance. i remember in 2008-2009 playoffs when farmar was a **** to d-will but brown killed us with his outside shooting and intensity along with ariza. we have a chance to get this guy for cheap. we NEED this guy ...whos with me?!!

I agree with the analysis 100%. Brown can be a dynamic defender and can alleviate some of the PG duties for Deron. I always thought Deron played better defense against opposing SG than PG where he seems to be disinterested. Yeah he would cost double for a year since we are presently in LT range but KOC and Miller are going to have to spend good $$ after the bad $$ spent on not unloading AK and extending Okur to remain competitive in the West.

First of all, his name is Dahntay Jones.

I think that, in a vacuum, Brewer is a better player than Brown. That said, the Jazz will need some long range shooting, so you could argue Brown might fit the current Jazz squad better than Ronnie. What's more, Brown could potentially play some PG as well, thereby minimizing Price's minutes, which I feel is a good thing.

remember 2 years ago when denver had a player named dantae jones? little undersized sg who nobody thought was going to be a big impact for denver. well, turned out that he helped denver go to the WCF (nearly beating the lakers) and denver was all the sudden better on defense! if we sign Shannon brown, i think he can really bring the same type of intensity jones brought to denver.
I think replacing Allen Iversonwith Chauncey Billups also might have had something to do with Denver's improvement that year.
I wouldn't mind signing Shannon Brown on the cheap to backup Miles, but I would hope he could make a better impact (far more skilled than Jones was offensively) than Dahntay Jones on the Nuggetts.

I think replacing Allen Iversonwith Chauncey Billups also might have had something to do with Denver's improvement that year.
I wouldn't mind signing Shannon Brown on the cheap to backup Miles, but I would hope he could make a better impact (far more skilled than Jones was offensively) than Dahntay Jones on the Nuggetts.

if he can bring what dahntay jones brought to that nuggets team, we could really go places this upcoming season. its not about signing big names like al harrington ( dont get me wrong, i would love to have him if we can somehow get this done without losing ak) ,its about adding pieces to our cores

remember 2 years ago when denver had a player named dantae jones? little undersized sg who nobody thought was going to be a big impact for denver. well, turned out that he helped denver go to the WCF (nearly beating the lakers) and denver was all the sudden better on defense! if we sign Shannon brown, i think he can really bring the same type of intensity jones brought to denver. most importantly, brown is hungry for a chance. i remember in 2008-2009 playoffs when farmar was a **** to d-will but brown killed us with his outside shooting and intensity along with ariza. we have a chance to get this guy for cheap. we NEED this guy ...whos with me?!!

I am!!! I want Brown!

Back