What's new

Shaq not letting up on Gobert

Game6Conley

ya know, Shaq has a point... Rudy's gotta be so much better in the 2nd halves of games like what just took place with the Knicks...

When the Nix started to percolate in that 3rd q i remember thinking/maybe even i posted "Rudy is gonna need to score like 25 to win this game, The nix have confidence" he had 14 when i thought that and he finished the game with 14 iirc.

For a player set to be making $45MM in a season at the end of his deal, he's gotta be better.

Gobert looked really poor against the Knicks. People rag on Royce not going around the screen, but he had to go around the screen both ways because Rudy stayed in the paint watching every time. If I were coaching against the Jazz, I would do that all game on offense. Why not? It's 2 v 1 at the three point line all game.

Allen kicked his butt in Brooklyn. Just destroyed him on both sides of the court.

He got his money and felt like he deserved it. Now let's see the quality to prove it. As a fan I can expect the highest paid player on the team to bring effort every night. It wasn't there the last 2 games, that's for sure.

TNT is really miserable coverage. Crazy how the NBA thinks the best way to promote itself is to have people who hate modern basketball as the leaders in coverage.

TNT is really miserable coverage. Crazy how the NBA thinks the best way to promote itself is to have people who hate modern basketball as the leaders in coverage.
I love Chuck and Ernie... Kenny is fine... but the back in my day **** is so annoying. Chuck does it a little too but he doesn't take himself that seriously. He's also long been a Utah supporter. I will tolerate all the Jazz slander in the world if they'd stop making me listen to Reggie Miller.

Rudy is playing this perfectly. Released I classy I don't care tweet the first time he was attacked for no reason... it was funny too because Shaq was saying this stuff on some podcast and then he tweeted at Rudy like Rudy was sparring with him.

Just keep ignoring him... make him keep shouting at no one.

Gobert looked really poor against the Knicks. People rag on Royce not going around the screen, but he had to go around the screen both ways because Rudy stayed in the paint watching every time. If I were coaching against the Jazz, I would do that all game on offense. Why not? It's 2 v 1 at the three point line all game.

Allen kicked his butt in Brooklyn. Just destroyed him on both sides of the court.

He got his money and felt like he deserved it. Now let's see the quality to prove it. As a fan I can expect the highest paid player on the team to bring effort every night. It wasn't there the last 2 games, that's for sure.
Rudy has been great all season. He was solid in NY... Brooklyn he struggled doe. If the Knicks would have just kept running Randle into Rudy we win by 30.

I love Chuck and Ernie... Kenny is fine... but the back in my day **** is so annoying. Chuck does it a little too but he doesn't take himself that seriously. He's also long been a Utah supporter. I will tolerate all the Jazz slander in the world if they'd stop making me listen to Reggie Miller.
Yeah, Chuck will clown himself, so it's fair. Shaq is freaking awful though. I think he's my least favorite NBA media personality. I dont get why people think he's funny at all.

Yeah, Chuck will clown himself, so it's fair. Shaq is freaking awful though. I think he's my least favorite NBA media personality. I dont get why people think he's funny at all.
Shaqtin a fool is great but that's only because of the bloopers. Shaq's jokes are like the immature fart jokes... him and Dwight have more in common than Shaq may think. I think a lot of people like immature fart jokes... I think there are a lot more dumb people out there than we might think.

It kills me but... Draymond Green was amazing on that show when he popped in. Hopefully he replaces Shaq someday.

Meanwhile, Shaq on D in 2000.

And this is just a random point. Keep watching. Shaq takes maybe 3-4 steps each on every possession, defensive and offensive. I'd forgotten how plodding basketball was 20 year ago. Shaq would not have the conditioning to play 3 quarters today, let alone drop 45 in that time.

Rudy needs to catch the ball. It drives me insane when he can't catch the ball.

Look, Rudy is amazing at what he does well. But he is piss poor at a lot of basics and its infuriating to see knowing what he makes. I get Shaq's point even if Shaq doesn't respect what he contributes.

Right now Rudy isn’t playing at a level that his contract of 200mill suggests someone should play at ... I dunno what he should average to make it value ... maybe 18pt 15rebs ?

The biggest stats that doesn’t show up in Rudy’s favour is shots that he changes or alters that miss , or screens set .. just having that big body makes smaller guys think twice about driving to the hoop and end up taking a shot they aren’t comfortable with just because of his presence .

I have faith his play will pickup as the season goes on .

High school kids have hope to be in the NBA and see that one can be paid millions and have a career free throw percentage of 52.7% and be a multi time all star. He also bagged the crap out of Yao Ming back in the day too.

Last edited:
High school kids have hope to be in the NBA and see that one can be paid millions and have a career free throw percentage of 52.7% and be a multi time all star. He also bagged the crap out of Yao Ming back in the day too.
He is incredibly insecure. Makes me laugh. It's hilarious.