What's new

Shorthanded Denver vs Jazz 8:30 MST.

i'd officially revise my previous statement. we are not the same as last year. we are now actually worse.

at least our last year's roster weakness was centered around shooting, a factor that players have some control over. like at least there's a 10% chance for crowder or rubio to go off and have a great shooting night despite their overall disappointing numbers.

this season our roster weakness is centered around perimeter defense, size and athleticism. not sure we can ask the likes of conley, joe or niang to all of a sudden become great defenders/rebounders and punish those teams that repeatedly go small on us.

unless FO make moves before the deadline, this winning formula of going small /stretching the game out to the perimeter against us is here to stay.

Mitchells 1/12 FG hurts us
KILLED us. Watch him forcing garbage in the 3rd quarter and that's where the tide turned.

It would be nice if he could be comfortable hitting the open man and racking up dimes all night but the kid is about scoring and that's what the Nuggets defensive gameplan hinged on. And they were right.

A quick reminder that this team features only seven surefire NBA rotation players, only one of which resembles a big.

KILLED us. Watch him forcing garbage in the 3rd quarter and that's where the tide turned.

It would be nice if he could be comfortable hitting the open man and racking up dimes all night but the kid is about scoring and that's what the Nuggets defensive gameplan hinged on. And they were right.
Donovan went 1-7 in the 2nd half. We didn't lose because he took bad shots. We lost because our defense sucked and he didnt make enough shots.

He is an all star because we need him to win. Tonight was the rare time he didn't bring at least 15+ points. Tough night.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I actually enjoyed the game. They nearly came back from a huge deficit on the road. A couple calls different ... Ingles alone had two that appeared wrong against him in a minute in the 4th. Mitchell and Clarkson both sometimes get into a mode, where they are going to shoot it every time they touch it. When you make 2 or 3 in a row, the defense is going to focus on you, so you want to start looking to draw defenders and find other guys open. You want to read what the defense is giving you and attack accordingly. Listen to Barkley tonight, talking about probing for a good shot, and his Kawhi story. Great game by Clarkson though, he carried the team most of the game, I can't believe anyone would blame him for this loss. Give some credit to Denver's effort on defense on DM.

I'm ready to trade Mike Conley to NY for Julius Randle. Nevermind that the guy doesn't shoot 3s. On a spaced floor and with Rudy screens, he'll get on top of the rim relentlessly. His rebounds are a bonus, and he can play with the ball in his hands and make kick-out passes. We'd just need him to be like our 7th guy.

delete this nephew

Donovan went 1-7 in the 2nd half. We didn't lose because he took bad shots. We lost because our defense sucked and he didnt make enough shots.

He is an all star because we need him to win. Tonight was the rare time he didn't bring at least 15+ points. Tough night.

I understand he's not a superhero every night, that doesn't mean that he wasn't probably the biggest single reason for the loss tonight. The spearpoint of Denver's defensive gameplan was to trap Mitchell and bet that he would get uncomfortable racking up assists and they were right.

I understand he's not a superhero every night, that doesn't mean that he wasn't probably the biggest single reason for the loss tonight. The spearpoint of Denver's defensive gameplan was to trap Mitchell and bet that he would get uncomfortable racking up assists and they were right.
Yes, we lost because he didn't play well. But some are going with the narrative that he was chucking bad shots. I didn't see that. He was simply off yet tried to get others involved. Had 8 assists and a ton of hockey assists.

He went 1-12 but a few of those were desperation heaves, beat the shot clock late type attempts. He wasnt throwing up garbage to force himself out of the slump. I saw maturity in him tonight.

Damn Clarkson. Wow.

In the first quarter, DM passed a couple times when he should have shot it. he seemed really intent on getting everyone else involved, which really helped Clarkson get going. In the 3rd he seemed worried too much about getting on the scoreboard and forced some shots, I agree. He just missed his 3s , and Denver did a great job tracking down his drives.

I think we should just be looking for small victories. We gave up in the 3rd and came back in the 4th on b2b game with a bad shooting game from DM. Clarkson put up a fight you can see he wanted it. It was a winnable game.