What's new

Should the Jazz shut Favors down for a while?

David Locke
@DLocke09

·
12m

Jazz have lost 4 of 6
Clippers have lost 5 of 7 and 6 of 9
Lakers have lost 6 of 9
Blazers have lost 6 of 10

David Locke with some needed perspective. :)

The lakers are missing AD so them struggling is expected. The blazers have held up incredibly well with McCollum and Nurkic out. Both players will be back within the next week or 2. In the meantime the most concerning part for me as a jazz fan is that we are getting destroyed by opposing perimeter players just like last year. We didn't make a single move to address that issue and it is coming up again. Then of course the other sobering thing is that Gobert is getting destroyed in his matchups with opposing top centers. I'm terrified of the idea of going up against Jokic and Anthony Davis in the playoffs.

We need more do **** guys on the floor. At some point maybe they try Oni or Brantley... I don't see them making a move for someone that replace Bogey.

Well guess what? if they wanna win the ring now they would almost certainly have to upgrade favs position before the deadline and it's impossible to do, all because of the money they paid him.

signing favs isn't the issue. just sign him to one year. maybe two. or make his third year a team option so we still have room to maneuver in case it doesn't work out.

but they gave him the full 3 yr MLE and now we are stuck.
I don't remember how people reacted to the full 3 year MLE, but I recall virtual consensus that signing Favors, one of the most beloved players in Jazz history, was a good deal. We are still a good team and a contender. Maybe the front office has one final trick up their sleeve, like when we traded a dead man for Clarkson.

I thought Derrick played really well, at least in the first half, against the Celtics. Active on D, got some blocks and generally good interior defense, and got a few boards and putbacks offensively. He was subbed out really quickly in the fourth, i didn't really catch if that was him struggling or just that Quin wanted Rudy back in, but all in all I thought it was an improvement.

Looks like he is playing at about 70%. Maybe he need 2 weeks off. He's not playing terrible, but he certainly isn't explosive and looks like he's struggling to move out there.

I thought Derrick played really well, at least in the first half, against the Celtics. Active on D, got some blocks and generally good interior defense, and got a few boards and putbacks offensively. He was subbed out really quickly in the fourth, i didn't really catch if that was him struggling or just that Quin wanted Rudy back in, but all in all I thought it was an improvement.

Agreed. I thought he played better than he has in a long time, especially defensively.

Please, Quin, sit him for the next week. We play Washington, Toronto, and Chicago. Play Ersan.

Please, Quin, sit him for the next week. We play Washington, Toronto, and Chicago. Play Ersan.
I would love for Quin to experiment more with switching and see what a 5 out lineup does. Phoenix is killing it with Dario as a backup 5, but they also have wing defenders.

I would love for Quin to experiment more with switching and see what a 5 out lineup does. Phoenix is killing it with Dario as a backup 5, but they also have wing defenders.
While he probably experiments with the real thing, he doesn’t seem to experiment with the metaphorical sex machine.

I think we need to sit Favors. Have him do vigorous underwater treadmill running as well as vigorous recumbent bike 4 times per week. Back massages and yoga the other days. Don't play him again until the second round.

Favors wasn’t good positionally against BOS. Time lord got behind him for easy lobs several times.