What's new

Should the Jazz shut Favors down for a while?

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Favor's looks like a shell of himself right now. His defense has looked bad for a while... he's giving us almost no rim protection and he looks like he can barely jump. We're starting to have the same problems we did last season when Rudy was off the floor. Morgan and Ilyasova can hold down the fort for a while, I say we sit Favors for a few weeks and try to get his body right before the stretch run and playoffs.

yes. both him and bogey.

simply because we don't have much of choice.

it'd be a lot for us to give up if we want to offload their contracts that combine for 60mil in total for the next seasons

yes. both him and bogey.

simply because we don't have much of choice.

it'd be a lot for us to give up if we want to offload their contracts that combine for 60mil in total for the next seasons

I think Bogey just needs to be better. Stop turning the ball over so much, stop driving into traffic, and give more effort defensively. I don't really think his struggles are injury related, physically he looks fine out there.

To be fair, Favors has looked like a shell of his former self for a few years now. The dude is just broken and has been for most of his career.

No. Perhaps have him on a minutes restriction for awhile. But then that could mess up Quin's rotation and we just can't have that.

I think Bogey just needs to be better. Stop turning the ball over so much, stop driving into traffic, and give more effort defensively. I don't really think his struggles are injury related, physically he looks fine out there.
I'm sure Quin told him exactly the same thing when he kept him on the floor at the 7min mark during the 4th. then he helped lead to a Warrior run that basically decided the game.

sometimes enough is enough. when the dude clearly isn't having his way, just sit him before costing us the ball game.

This. Frankly he is just not the player we need in that role, and when the 3 isn't taking falling he is a liability. Disappointing because I like bogey, but what he provides just isn't enough to offset the poor defense, lack of rebounding, and stupid turnovers.

Obviously, now we can see where Ilyasova can get minutes. He could give more rest to Favors and step in if Favors needs a break. Not much of rim protector from what I can remember, but otherwise solid player.

Using the full mle on Favors was a huge mistake. We could have gotten Javale McGee for the minimum and he would provide much better d. Then we could have snagged a stretch big like Portis as well.

I wouldn't say that. Favors is a big reason why the Jazz have the best record in the league. He hasn't been bad by any means. Maybe he is worn down, but we have backups who can fill in -- Morgan and now Illyasova.

I wouldn't say that. Favors is a big reason why the Jazz have the best record in the league. He hasn't been bad by any means. Maybe he is worn down, but we have backups who can fill in -- Morgan and now Illyasova.
I think he has been mediocre defensively and offensively he doesn't bring much to the table. I don't believe for a second that he is a big reason that we have the best record. Like I said in my previous post I think a guy like McGee is a better player and he would have cost a lot less. This offseason his contract now becomes an issue and if we want to move him we will have to attach extra value to make it happen. This offseason really was a disaster when it came to the draft and bringing in free agents. Because we wanted to use the full mle on Favors we had to pay teams to take Tucker and Bradley.

Nobody is a big reason for a team having the best record when they play 16 minutes a game.

To answer the question; sure.

The question I am wondering is who will take on Favors remaining $20 million in order to save the Jazz $50 million that they are on the hook for and never had to be. He’s wearing down playing less than 20 minutes a game and the Jazz have no assets to toss in. It’s, umm, not good.