What's new

Should the Jazz Trade for Myles Turner?

No, they are not selling off JC or Conley with Picks now that the tank is stuck in the mountain. Turner also has had some very distasteful,and what I consider clues to the type of personality he has, with his open desire to go to the Lakers. As if he is somehow the missing piece. This guy is not a team player obviously, despite his skillset filling a lot of holes in the front court. I wouldn't touch it.
I don't think Danny would ever consider it given the amount of money he is demanding either.
Lmao. The team (Indiana) wants him traded to the Lakers. They probably co-signed that podcast and where like yeah, tell them to give up both picks for you and Buddy.

Myles Turner is one of the nicer/more positive players in the NBA.

And no one is suggesting giving up Conley/JC.

Currently no one has traded for Turner, but I think everyone assumes he is going to get traded. He's an expiring contract with injury issues, so he won't be that expensive. Indiana was rumored to want THT. You trade them THT, a first rounder (which, idk, but you could make it the least valuable of the 3 we have this year), and add whatever salary filler is needed. It probably wouldn't be Gay because of his multi year deal, but the Jazz have a lot of ways to match salary with many expiring contracts that don't have to include any of the contributing rotation players. I wouldn't give up Ochai/Kessler and I don't it would be necessary.

Right now the West is looking fairly wide open. If getting a significant upgrade to your roster only cost 1 first and THT, that *could* be a risk worth taking.

I love what KO brings to the team, but he's aging and isn't going to be around forever. I also question how he's going to hold up with his own injury history playing so many minutes. Seeing how a player of Turners archetype fits with the team for a trial run would be a valuable experiment.

Lmao. The team (Indiana) wants him traded to the Lakers. They probably co-signed that podcast and where like yeah, tell them to give up both picks for you and Buddy.

Currently no one has traded for Turner, but I think everyone assumes he is going to get traded. He's an expiring contract with injury issues, so he won't be that expensive. Indiana was rumored to want THT. You trade them THT, a first rounder (which, idk, but you could make it the least valuable of the 3 we have this year), and add whatever salary filler is needed. It probably wouldn't be Gay because of his multi year deal, but the Jazz have a lot of ways to match salary with many expiring contracts that don't have to include any of the contributing rotation players. I wouldn't give up Ochai/Kessler and I don't it would be necessary.

Right now the West is looking fairly wide open. If getting a significant upgrade to your roster only cost 1 first and THT, that *could* be a risk worth taking.

I love what KO brings to the team, but he's aging and isn't going to be around forever. I also question how he's going to hold up with his own injury history playing so many minutes. Seeing how a player of Turners archetype fits with the team for a trial run would be a valuable experiment.
go back to work smh

I don't think it's a terrible idea, but he would need to come with an extension signed and it would obviously need to come at the right price. The Jazz need to look for positive moves off all kinds and shouldn't limit themselves to only the draft. If Turner is still a Pacer on deadline day and the Pacers have no other options, it would be a great time to get him for cheap. Turner could be a really good second draft type of guy, I'm interested to see what Hardy would do with him. He's overrated as a shooter, but much better in the paint. I think there's been a mismatch between the idea of Myles Turner and his actual skillset.

If it really only cost a first, hopefully heavily protected, and THT I would say absolutely take a flyer on him. But he isn't worth more than that in our current set-up. But I could see him adding a strong defensive depth to the team. I just really doubt they will part with him for that and I wouldn't risk our currently developing identity on a chance that costs us much more than that.

If it really only cost a first, hopefully heavily protected, and THT I would say absolutely take a flyer on him. But he isn't worth more than that in our current set-up. But I could see him adding a strong defensive depth to the team. I just really doubt they will part with him for that and I wouldn't risk our currently developing identity on a chance that costs us much more than that.
Tbh, they were offering to take 2 distant future firsts and Russ (who was seen more as baggage at that point) in exchange for Hield and Turner. Based on some, that trade is still on the table, albeit now that Russ is sort of reborn Lakers wont take it for sure.

I think he is already pretty cheap.

I don't hate it. Momma always told me - the only thing better than 3 stretch bigs is 4 stretch bigs.

That said, only if he's dirt cheap.

What about Turner and Hield? I do not like that Hield is on a 3-year contract but if we could dump GAY or do something like this

Turner
Hield
Duarte

For

Beasley
THT
Gay
NAW
Azubuike
A first-round pick (lottery protections)
A pick swap
a couple of seconds

I does give that Jazz a ton of guards just a spit ball

AD is supposedly available. We can go after him...
He probably plays more games than Turner, but his constant minor injuries would be very aggrivating.

In others news, Turner just had 12 and 6 in the first quarter against the Pelicans.

Myles Turner a lot better than I thought. This is the first time I've really watched him post-Sabonis.

Definitely an upgrade at the position , but the question is what would we have to give up ?
If he keeps playing like he is today, there will probably be a decent enough bidding war to put him out of the Jazz's price range.

Always hard to know though with expiring guys.

Considering the price he comes at, Turner could be the turning point that gets us a ring. If you have KO coming off the bench, that's two bigs shooting 3's. Your interior defense is solidified.

Do you keep Kessler?

He also had 7 points a week ago and 5 points a few days before that if you're going to pull out his 'good' stats

I would be wary to mess with the chemistry we have right now. Kessler is proving a lot of people wrong, and just keeps playing and having an impact on the court. Yeah as a rookie he isn't as impactful as Turner but I don't want to see his development stifled either. Also who do you trade that they would want without disrupting team chemistry and cohesion. THT is about the only one and do they want him that bad? I think Turner would really be a strong impact player for us, not much pressure here to score or anything, and his defensive impact is undeniable, but I wouldn't want to disrupt what we have going right now, nor blow too many future assets to get him when it might not do much to move the needle. Now like if we had a chance to bring in Butler, we do that, he would be a real impact player and kind of what we need right now, a go-get-buckets guy and true elite 2-way player. But other than a Butler type I would be really wary to mix things up too much when other moves are unlikely to kick us from suprisingly-good-team status to possible-championship-team level in one fell swoop while hurting the future tweaking we could do with the assets we have.

I would be wary to mess with the chemistry we have right now. Kessler is proving a lot of people wrong, and just keeps playing and having an impact on the court. Yeah as a rookie he isn't as impactful as Turner but I don't want to see his development stifled either. Also who do you trade that they would want without disrupting team chemistry and cohesion. THT is about the only one and do they want him that bad? I think Turner would really be a strong impact player for us, not much pressure here to score or anything, and his defensive impact is undeniable, but I wouldn't want to disrupt what we have going right now, nor blow too many future assets to get him when it might not do much to move the needle. Now like if we had a chance to bring in Butler, we do that, he would be a real impact player and kind of what we need right now, a go-get-buckets guy and true elite 2-way player. But other than a Butler type I would be really wary to mix things up too much when other moves are unlikely to kick us from suprisingly-good-team status to possible-championship-team level in one fell swoop while hurting the future tweaking we could do with the assets we have.
I posted thoughts about trading for Turner right after the season started, as a s/t option, if they were unloading vets. They woukld have needed to use one or two protected picks from other teams to get it done.
However, this roster has outperformed everyone's expectations even without a true rim protector that is available. I agree at this point trading for him is going to mess with the chems because the Jazz would have to part with a current asset, that is part of the success story and probably 3 firsts if they didn't.
Leave it alone and if there is mutual interest (doubt it) then bring him in to the Jazz in UFA next summer .
He is in his prime and playing well ,but on a bad team with high usage, getting praise by OP and fans w/ similar mindsets,that imo are ignoring his tude about getting paid and bigger market lust won't fit here.

Considering the price he comes at, Turner could be the turning point that gets us a ring. If you have KO coming off the bench, that's two bigs shooting 3's. Your interior defense is solidified.

Do you keep Kessler?
Myles Turner is going to be the piece that pushes us into title contention?