What's new

Should we go full rebuild?

Should we go full rebuild?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am inching closer to a full blown tank. Need to do more homework on the 2025 draft but if we dipped down for 2 drafts I think we'd have a chance to have a long-term all star or two.

If we finish the season 3-27 in our last 30 games (which seems probable at this point) does that change how we feel going into next year? I’m not sure what moves can be made to make us playoff competitive without sacrificing the development of the young guys. Priority #1 is to give continued big minutes to Brice, Taylor, Key, and our new rookies.

For me it's about maximizing chance when you draft high. If you look at the last 12 years of draft, at number one to three you got players like Wemby, Banchero,Holmgren, Cuningham, ANT,Zion, JA, Ayton, AD, Tatum, KAT..... of course there are some high draft players who didn't make it but overall, you have better chance to find gold than with Hendricks or Keyonte.

That's why i still don't agree with the last 2 years strategy, which is a mistake for me.

The more I see out there about the 2025 draft and the prospects there... the more I am convinced we need a top 5 pick next year. We might be able to thread the needle with Lauri and make that happen still but it means playing all the young guys and moving as many other vets as possible. If we sustained a prolonged injury that also might do it. West should be an absolute bloodbath again.

If you took the last two drafts and mashed it with next years... I think there might be 4-5 guys in the 2025 draft that go after Wemby.

I'm not a HS scout guy but I'm going to laugh when Cooper Flagg is just a glorified Ryan Dunn
That's a strange comparison for a guy that has shown a pretty complete offensive game compared to a guy with no offensive game.

That's a strange comparison for a guy that has shown a pretty complete offensive game compared to a guy with no offensive game.
His offensive game isn't complete at all. I think he's a great prospect with his athleticism and D, but I don't see clear game changer.

I'm not a HS scout guy but I'm going to laugh when Cooper Flagg is just a glorified Ryan Dunn
I think he is gonna be a whole lot better than that lol... but its not just Cooper... there are like 7-8 super intriguing guys... assume a couple disappoint and maybe another guy or 2 emerge. Might be similar to 2017 or 2018 drafts.

FWIW, I finished the McDonalds All American game and Flagg was pretty unremarkable on both offense and defense. He wasn't strong enough on defense and not very involved on offense. I watched some of the practice highlights and he was dripping in sweat, so I think they were working them pretty hard. I'm not too concerned. He looked a lot better in some of the practice highlights that came out.

The MVPs of the gamer were Dylan Harper and Derik Queen. Harper reminded me of Deron Williams. Queen was just stronger than everyone else on the court.

I really think Bailey could be really good. Once he fills out I can see a lot of two way potential. Right now I would probably put Bailey over Flagg.

From what I'm seeing there should be a really good 5-10 players in the 2025 draft, but there isn't a can't miss prospect like Wemby or Lebron.

From what I'm seeing there should be a really good 5-10 players in the 2025 draft, but there isn't a can't miss prospect like Wemby or Lebron.
Right. Those guys only come around every 20 years or so... which is why you take the 10-14% chance at getting em. I think 2025 might be like a 5-6 AS type draft unless lots of guys disappoint.

Yeah, and again, I'm not HS draft person at all. Just don't think his profile is generational prospect.
I agree. I'm pretty sure I can see what people are talking about though. He's got size, athleticism, and feel for the game. He still has to put it all together, but he MIGHT be one of the next great NBA player, it's just way less certain than other highly anticipated prospects.