What's new

Should we trade for Derrick Rose?

Just read an article on rose destinations this was the perposed trade

"The Trade: CHI trades Derrick Rose to UTA for Alec Burks, Raul Neto, Tibor Pleiss

Why It Makes Sense: If you watched the Utah Jazz play last season, one thing was painfully evident: their point guard play was terrible. After falling just short of the eighth seed in the Western Conference, adding a proven player like Rose would completely transform this team into a contender. A starting five of Rose, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert with youngsters Dante Exum and Trey Lyles earning time off the bench sounds pretty nice, doesn't it? As for the Bulls, they'd shed salary and take on Burks, a proven scorer who lost his primary scoring role in Utah, along with international signees Neto and Pleiss, who are relatively unproven at the NBA level. Each team would benefit; the Bulls would receive financial relief while the Jazz would receive their potential missing link."

If this was the trade i would not hate it. The jazz would be able to fill burks with the draft or free agency.

That is
sexy-yoga-pants-butt-39.jpg

Just read an article on rose destinations this was the perposed trade

"The Trade: CHI trades Derrick Rose to UTA for Alec Burks, Raul Neto, Tibor Pleiss

Why It Makes Sense: If you watched the Utah Jazz play last season, one thing was painfully evident: their point guard play was terrible. After falling just short of the eighth seed in the Western Conference, adding a proven player like Rose would completely transform this team into a contender. A starting five of Rose, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert with youngsters Dante Exum and Trey Lyles earning time off the bench sounds pretty nice, doesn't it? As for the Bulls, they'd shed salary and take on Burks, a proven scorer who lost his primary scoring role in Utah, along with international signees Neto and Pleiss, who are relatively unproven at the NBA level. Each team would benefit; the Bulls would receive financial relief while the Jazz would receive their potential missing link."

If this was the trade i would not hate it. The jazz would be able to fill burks with the draft or free agency.

I'd do this trade in about .1 seconds. Rose is 100x better than burks will ever be and both have considerable injuries

I'm probably more intrigued than most, but with Exum returning and Dejounte being the probable pick, I'm not sure I'd give up whatever Chicago would ask for. He'd really limit minutes for our young PGs and I don't think that's the ideal way to develop talent. And he's only got one year left on his contact, right?

But hell, if he returns to 75% of his old self, then he'd be a steal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

He played in 66 games last season, which is more than we can say for Favors or Gobert. Hell, that's more than Burks has played in the past two seasons combined. He averaged 16/5 last season, which is god-like compared to what we're used to from the PG position. He's only 27. I think it's worth considering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dknjHBvlRLk

What do y'all figure. Bad idea? Send Black Jesus and a pick. I figure he'd play better off Hood and Hayward than Jimmy Buckets. I'm trying to remember how he plays in the P&R with bigs like Booz and Gasol. If he's good, then he'll lift Fav's production.

This has to be the worst proposal on record.

Rose had a horrid DRTG and ORTG, awful TS% of .479, pretty much negatives in every advanced stat out there, and is owed $21,323,250 next season.

I wouldn't take his salary on for anything less than Jimmy.

So we have Rose for a year? If he does great, then you get to have the pressure of signing him to a long term contract big money contract. I'd rather not have to make that decision with his glass knees. Or he is just really meh and you have him for a year. Not worth losing Burks, or any semi-valuable long-term asset over.

So we have Rose for a year? If he does great, then you get to have the pressure of signing him to a long term contract big money contract. I'd rather not have to make that decision with his glass knees. Or he is just really meh and you have him for a year. Not worth losing Burks, or any semi-valuable long-term asset over.

Semi? I wouldn't drive a 60th pick into that Peterbilt.

Hell ye... NO. I doubted there for a second but no, definitely not. Let's wait to see what Exum can bring to the table when he's back.

This has to be the worst proposal on record.

Rose had a horrid DRTG and ORTG, awful TS% of .479, pretty much negatives in every advanced stat out there, and is owed $21,323,250 next season.

I wouldn't take his salary on for anything less than Jimmy.
Don't worry about the salary. If it becomes an issue then we can simply trade him for something good. At least that is what I have been told.

Rose sucks and his attitude sucks more from what I hear.

What is this new thing with people putting in an opinion that they claim to be theirs and then ending it with, "from what I hear..."? Elaborate on that, please. What do you hear and where is it coming from? I'm not trying to come at you in attack mode if that is what it looks like, I'm honestly just curious. If you have an inside from those that are close with either D. Rose or someone on the Chicago Bulls please don't just end it with you statement, tell us more! Do you have people that call you in the middle of the night and say, "did you hear that D. Rose attitude sucks?". If so please forgive me. I just would like to know the source of which you are hearing this inside NBA player information. Since you haven't formed that opinion based on your own experiences coming across Derek Rose, I think it would be safe to say that those that you "hear" it from, have had those experiences where they have formulated opinions about his attitude sucking. What happened? You can't just end it there, the show must go on. It's like starting a story with, "once upon a time" and leaving it at that. MORE PLEASE!

What is this new thing with people putting in an opinion that they claim to be theirs and then ending it with, "from what I hear..."? Elaborate on that, please. What do you hear and where is it coming from? I'm not trying to come at you in attack mode if that is what it looks like, I'm honestly just curious. If you have an inside from those that are close with either D. Rose or someone on the Chicago Bulls please don't just end it with you statement, tell us more! Do you have people that call you in the middle of the night and say, "did you hear that D. Rose attitude sucks?". If so please forgive me. I just would like to know the source of which you are hearing this inside NBA player information. Since you haven't formed that opinion based on your own experiences coming across Derek Rose, I think it would be safe to say that those that you "hear" it from, have had those experiences where they have formulated opinions about his attitude sucking. What happened? You can't just end it there, the show must go on. It's like starting a story with, "once upon a time" and leaving it at that. MORE PLEASE!

In an interview pre-season that i watched, pretty much all he talked about that was important to him was getting paid in this next contract. It came across really badly the way he put it that all he was concerned with was getting his next mega-max deal.