What's new

Show Us Your Gaming Rig

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I don't have cool pics at the moment but will be building my first new gaming PC in 8 long years in about a month.

My current system is:

Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz(first generation of core i7s)
16GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 1070 (I typically upgrade my video card a few times during the life of my PC and this one was purchased knowing it would go into a new system soon)
Several SSDs (I worked for IM Flash and got discounts on Intel and Micron SSDs)

Anyway, I'm going to:

Intel i5 7600k 4.2Ghz (plan to overclock to at least 5GHz)
32GB DDR4 3200 RAM
1TB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (formerly the enemy, but they are making the best SSDs ATM, until Optane anyway)
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Nvidia GeForce 1070
Gigabyte Aorus z270 gaming 7 motherboard

Will be splurging on a BenQ 27" 1ms GTG 144Hz 1440p Zowie branded esports gaming monitor (currently $550, ouch).

I'll post build pics when I get started.

Last year I upgraded my kid's gaming PC:

Intel i5 6600k 3.8GHz (not overclocked)
32GB DDR4 3400 RAM
Crucial 2.5" 1 TB SATA SSD
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Nvidia GeForce 970
Gigabyte z170 G1 gaming 7
3x 24" ASUS monitors (all three of these monitors cost less than the one I'm about to buy)

I'm currently debating between two PC cases. Pics below:

ThermalTake Core X9
main.jpg

ThermalTake Tower 900
pic1.jpg

Both cases are extra massive. Big as a dorm fridge, easily.

Mine is almost identical.

Intel i5 4670
1 TB Samsung SSD
Asus Geforce 1070 GTX
32 GB DDR4
MSI Z87-G45 MB

u sure you wanna see my pic!?!

at the moment the setup is spread over 2 different countries. but most of the year this is my setup.

the chair has since been replaced! i recently moved to south America, so had no chair.

soon this 3770k will be replaced by an x99 system(only the internals ofcourse0

setup.jpg

edit forgot specs
ati7950(a new gtx 1070 on the way)
1tb ssd
4tb hdd
32gb ram
watercooled(kelvin s36 aio)

Dutch scrubbed the metadata from the image. :'(

Dutch, would you consider your system a dedicated gaming system or do you do video editing or rendering or anything like that? Just wondering why x99 vs z170 or z270. Obviously it's higher-end, but probably not super noticeable for gaming.

My 8 year old gaming PC still runs anything out there and most of it at high settings.

Usually I keep as much as I can from the old system but this time I'm going to build a completely new PC and use my existing PC as a media PC on my main TV (so where I had a laptop to run my poker tournament stuff I will now use my current PC with wireless mouse/keyboard). My current PC has an 850W power supply, which would do just fine in my new PC, but I'm going to be putting a 1000W power supply in my new build.

So whichever PC case I get it will be the "snow edition." I'm strongly considering a custom paintjob to give it Jazz colors. I just don't have a ton of confidence that I'll do a good enough job and will end up painting over it all with a solid color because it looks like ***.

Why scrub the image bruh? Let's see who you really are.

lol i bet you are editing image right now enhancing it, trying to read whats on the monitor, looking for clues and such. playing csi tech trying to get some clues into the live of the infamous DUTCH!

lol, good luck with that.

Dutch, would you consider your system a dedicated gaming system or do you do video editing or rendering or anything like that? Just wondering why x99 vs z170 or z270. Obviously it's higher-end, but probably not super noticeable for gaming.

My 8 year old gaming PC still runs anything out there and most of it at high settings.

Usually I keep as much as I can from the old system but this time I'm going to build a completely new PC and use my existing PC as a media PC on my main TV (so where I had a laptop to run my poker tournament stuff I will now use my current PC with wireless mouse/keyboard). My current PC has an 850W power supply, which would do just fine in my new PC, but I'm going to be putting a 1000W power supply in my new build.

naah just an enthusiast! kinda like "my **** is bigger than yours." my 3770k is pretty old too, so thought you know what just get an x99 system just for the heck of it. like having a ace car but never being able to go top speed.

i just upgrade every now and again. recently i put in kelvin fractal design s(upgrade form define r3) and got me kelvin s36. might get a fractal define c case becaus eof the psu shroud)

as for power supplies 1000 wat is overkill, that is something I never go overboard with! 700w was highest i had, now i have a 550.

So whichever PC case I get it will be the "snow edition." I'm strongly considering a custom paintjob to give it Jazz colors. I just don't have a ton of confidence that I'll do a good enough job and will end up painting over it all with a solid color because it looks like ***.

I painted my motherboard heatsink, had msi gaming motherboard. so painted the red heatsink parts white!

lol i bet you are editing image right now enhancing it, trying to read whats on the monitor, looking for clues and such. playing csi tech trying to get some clues into the live of the infamous DUTCH!

lol, good luck with that.

Currently trying to correlate light levels in the room with the sun spot cycle.

Why scrub the image bruh? Let's see who you really are.

you can always come to Netherlands to visit me, or south America. i would love to meet up and show u some awesome stuff to do in these here parts. promise in real live to not talk politics as i rarely do in real live. because with a few drinks and politics **** can get out of hand, and people start punching each-other

naah just an enthusiast! kinda like "my **** is bigger than yours." my 3770k is pretty old too, so thought you know what just get an x99 system just for the heck of it. like having a ace car but never being able to go top speed.

i just upgrade every now and again. recently i put in kelvin fractal design s(upgrade form define r3) and got me kelvin s36. might get a fractal define c case becaus eof the psu shroud)

as for power supplies 1000 wat is overkill, that is something I never go overboard with! 700w was highest i had, now i have a 550.

Yeah, I can see going that route as an enthusiast.

1000W is overkill but it's only like $20 more than the 750W PSU and I need a new PSU so I figure give myself some headroom. I typically prefer to just upgrade to a single good current generation graphics card over doing SLI or x-fire, so I don't really need a huge PSU, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it especially when the price on that is not too significant in relation to everything else.