SI.com evaluates top 75 players in draft!

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Heatwave, May 28, 2010.

1. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Kevin Seraphin is a name I've never seen before. Looks intriguing from his youtube videos. 6'9" 268 and athletic? That's a dream second round pick right there.

2. dwill#1

dwill#1 Member

May 28, 2010
    I hear Ryan Richards may be the sleeper of the draft. 6 10 225 very athletic and only 19. He may be there for the Jazz. I really like Charles Garcia 6 10 230. A lot of people think if he works hard he could become the next Lamar Odom. He can rebound,run, create his own shot and has great athleticism. If your a utes fan, you'll remember him from last year, torched the Utes. if he had a better work ethic people think he would be a lotto pick. He may fall and if he did, that would be a hell of a pick. A couple other guys I like are Jerome Jordan, Jarvis Varnado and Dexter Pittman. Varnado will go earlier but we could trade up. Pittman is like a taller Big baby Davis, very quick feet for his size. Jordan 7 feet, mobile, long center. has potential to be a great shot blocker and rebounder and is new to the game, he may fall too

3. calijazz

calijazz Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest

May 25, 2010
    If they go big as we all hope they do in the first round, I wouldn't mind them taking a 2nd round flier on somebody who provides a spark from the guard spot. Jerome Randle (lightning quick) or Greivis Vasquez (great scorer) come to mind.

4. breezy

breezy Member

May 26, 2010
    wesley johnson at 8? this guy must be high

5. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    These guys way underrated Nemanja!

6. Gyp Rosetti

Gyp Rosetti Banned

May 26, 2010
    I love Pittman. He's big, has worked his *** off to get into much better shape at Texas, still could get much better physically (his body fat's still at 20%), and is strong and athletic. He really is a bigger Big Baby who's the type of enforcer we could use. With a 1.66 PPS and 10.4 points on 65% from the floor and 1.9 blocks in under 20 minutes per game I have no qualms with trading down 3-7 spots (and taking Udoh or Henry or Orton) and picking up an early 2nd rounder in the process where we could get Pittman. Depending on how the Orlando workouts go, I think Orton or Pittman could be the steals of this draft.

My ideal draft though would be to get Favors and Wesley Johnson. Too bad it won't happen.