What's new

sick of being treated like the nba's step child

oldtimer

frustrated the way the jazz have always been treated by some media. the jazz are not a minor league team. every trade proposal i hear suggest the jazz should just give players away to other teams, or take back bad contracts or just do whatever the can to assist other teams.

just heard a KO trade proposal to the knicks for a second round pick. Hell why would do that? Also seen a lot of lauri trade proposals.
First never, ever trade a 26 year old NBA allstar player that has publically just said he loves Utah, wants to stay in Utah and believes we are on the right track. If we are going to trade lauri it has to be a huge offer. i listened to a podcast over the weekend and these 2 yahwhos kept throwing out trade ideas. each offer had utah getting a ****** player with a bad contract or 1 or 2 protected picks. why even discuss it if you are not serious.
i just pisses me off that former players, the press and just about everyone else just thinks we suck and only exist to make other teams better.

Everybody has lopsided fake trade proposals. Lakers fans and some Knicks fans are also pretty notorious for proposing lopsided trades. I highly doubt that the Jazz are going to trade Lauri. There's no reason or urgency to do so.

frustrated the way the jazz have always been treated by some media. the jazz are not a minor league team. every trade proposal i hear suggest the jazz should just give players away to other teams, or take back bad contracts or just do whatever the can to assist other teams.

just heard a KO trade proposal to the knicks for a second round pick. Hell why would do that? Also seen a lot of lauri trade proposals.
First never, ever trade a 26 year old NBA allstar player that has publically just said he loves Utah, wants to stay in Utah and believes we are on the right track. If we are going to trade lauri it has to be a huge offer. i listened to a podcast over the weekend and these 2 yahwhos kept throwing out trade ideas. each offer had utah getting a ****** player with a bad contract or 1 or 2 protected picks. why even discuss it if you are not serious.
i just pisses me off that former players, the press and just about everyone else just thinks we suck and only exist to make other teams better.
At this point I’d take anything to get rid of him. Yes he’s a good player but we suck and won’t be good for at least a couple more years. All he’s doing is blocking Hendricks. I don’t see a team giving prospects or first rounders for him. Unless it’s someone like Boston or Philly or some other contender. contender.

At this point I’d take anything to get rid of him. Yes he’s a good player but we suck and won’t be good for at least a couple more years. All he’s doing is blocking Hendricks. I don’t see a team giving prospects or first rounders for him. Unless it’s someone like Boston or Philly or some other contender. contender.
you can develop hendricks without giving away KO. KO has been playing really well this year. his 3pt percentage is up. his assists are up and he never bitches about being on the bench. you dont have to get a 1st round pick back but you definitely need a young player with potential. you cant give KO away for a 2nd round pick.

This has got nothing to do with the Jazz being the Jazz and everything to do with the Jazz being stuck in mediocrity right now.

Every team’s fan base fantasizes about lopsided trades.

This has got nothing to do with the Jazz being the Jazz and everything to do with the Jazz being stuck in mediocrity right now.
I have to agree with this.
Lauri's possible trade to OKC or anywhere-else will open more minutes for Hendricks and that's good for him.

To me this jazz ''rebuild'' is not a real rebuild it is more a retool.
So why not Jazz won't go real rebuild especially now when they are stuck on mediocrity.

Even a jackass knows that when Jazz will be officially ready to compete for playoffs and championship titles Lauri will be over 30 yrs old.
So cash-in Lauri's trade value now when it is high and go full rebuild and tank hard next 2-3 yrs to find franchise talents which can help Jazz to win a titles.

Lauri's possible trade to OKC or anywhere-else will open more minutes for Hendricks and that's good for him.

So why not Jazz won't go real rebuild especially now when they are stuck on mediocrity.

Even a jackass knows that when Jazz will be officially ready to compete for playoffs and championship titles Lauri will be over 30 yrs old.
So cash-in Lauri's trade value now when it is high and go full rebuild and tank hard next 2-3 yrs to find franchise talents which can help Jazz to win a titles.
Screw everything to do with that. 5 year rebuilds are just as likely to turn into 10 year rebuilds as much as to put a team into contention. We have enough picks and assets, trading Lauri is for morons who prefer mock drafts over actual basketball.

The NBA is just hard to make trades in. First rounders are incredibly valuable and second rounders have barely any value. Kelly isn't good enough to get a first so yeah, you're going to have to settle for 2nds if you trade him

you can develop hendricks without giving away KO. KO has been playing really well this year. his 3pt percentage is up. his assists are up and he never bitches about being on the bench. you dont have to get a 1st round pick back but you definitely need a young player with potential. you cant give KO away for a 2nd round pick.
Well I did start by saying he’s a good player, but you either don’t understand or you didn’t really bother to read. We are a rebuilding team. Maybe Hendricks can develop for a year sitting on the bench watching KO, but he has to be out there for sure next season but preferably the second half of the season. Just like last year the jazz Will finally pull out all the stops and again out right full on tank. So why do we need him. We will be able to pull an asset out of a contending team at the deadline.

He absolutely should be traded, and I believe he will be unless the jazz make a trade for a star, and I don’t see it happening. He’s not going to help us make the playoffs or even win more than a game if even that. Lol

@oldtimer I agree, I read these articles and see these crap trades and I am thinking why in the hell would the Jazz do that trade. Like Markkanen to OKC for Bertans and 3 or 4 draft picks. There is no way the Jazz are not getting 1 or more of Dieng, Poku, the other J Williams, Wallace, Giddey, or Mann.

So cash-in Lauri's trade value now when it is high and go full rebuild and tank hard next 2-3 yrs to find franchise talents which can help Jazz to win a titles
LOL all the above from someone who (based on earlier posts here) couldn't care less about the Jazz.

Well I did start by saying he’s a good player, but you either don’t understand or you didn’t really bother to read. We are a rebuilding team. Maybe Hendricks can develop for a year sitting on the bench watching KO, but he has to be out there for sure next season but preferably the second half of the season. Just like last year the jazz Will finally pull out all the stops and again out right full on tank. So why do we need him. We will be able to pull an asset out of a contending team at the deadline.

He absolutely should be traded, and I believe he will be unless the jazz make a trade for a star, and I don’t see it happening. He’s not going to help us make the playoffs or even win more than a game if even that. Lol
i read and i understood your post i just do not accept your conclusion the KO has to go to get more time for Hendricks. Its okay to have different opinions, isn't it? if not i will pretend to agree with you and move on while secretly believing im still right.

i read and i understood your post i just do not accept your conclusion the KO has to go to get more time for Hendricks. Its okay to have different opinions, isn't it? if not i will pretend to agree with you and move on while secretly believing im still right.
Lol, still not getting it. We don’t need him, not because he just is ahead of Hendricks, but there is no point to him being on this team. All he does is worsen our pick but not enough to make the playoffs so what’s the damn point.

Lol, still not getting it. We don’t need him, not because he just is ahead of Hendricks, but there is no point to him being on this team. All he does is worsen our pick but not enough to make the playoffs so what’s the damn point.
i get it. minivan is full tank. i was there last year because there were a lot of guys i liked in the draft. this year not much. for the record im not saying dont trade KO. im saying dont give him away. combine him JC or THT and a draft pick and get someone really young and good.

#Nevertank.

If you still want a full tank after seeing what Detroit is going through I don’t really know what to say. You are more likely to win a championship by not sucking than by sucking as much as possible. Look at history. What teams have won by going full tank? What teams have made finals by going full tank?

#Nevertank.

If you still want a full tank after seeing what Detroit is going through I don’t really know what to say. You are more likely to win a championship by not sucking than by sucking as much as possible. Look at history. What teams have won by going full tank? What teams have made finals by going full tank?
Tanking protagonists will always point out that when a bad team turns good it was proof of tanking being successful. They also always talk about being stuck in mediocrity being the worst thing ever.

However if you go through the list of champions, you can find a lot more "stuck in mediocrity" teams that won a chip than teams that built through a full tank. Denver and Milwaukee being the latest examples. Bucks have finished bottom 3 in the conference ONCE in the past 20 years and that netted them the 2nd overall pick and Jabari Parker who they didnt even resign after his rookie deal. Nuggets have not finished bottom 3 in the conference once in the past 20 years, but instead had 5 consecutive years finishing 9th to 12th.

And even the most recent champion who built through a full blown tank (the Lakers) didnt actually win with the players they got from tanking, but instead players they signed from FA or traded for.