What's new

Sign Joakim Noah DL

Look I get it... Booker is cool and we all love him, but he sucks as a player and Niang is better.
There's something to be said about glue guys and veterans though. I'm not even saying any of these players need to be in the rotation.

Anthony Tolliver is now available, and he's actually played this season - decent rebounder who can hit from outside. He's 34 years old.

Clippers just signed him
For all the “zomg DL sees so much more than you do and Noah is washed” crowd, I’d be curious the answer to the question of what, when the Clippers have really good backup big options, does Jerry West see in a Noah addition that DL doesn’t? Is West a moron? Or is TB just that much better than Harrell?

For all the “zomg DL sees so much more than you do and Noah is washed” crowd, I’d be curious the answer to the question of what, when the Clippers have really good backup big options, does Jerry West see in a Noah addition that DL doesn’t? Is West a moron? Or is TB just that much better than Harrell?
Me whispering... pssst DLJZ don’t really believe this is a championship quality team or they would upgrade weak spots... real contenders add guy even when they don’t have weak spots in case of injury or to help with a certain matchup. Don’t tell the fans doe we need them to believe that we believe this is a true contender. TIA.

When TB is -100 in the playoffs in his short 8 minutes a night... jazz media will be like “well no one thought TB would be that big of a factor... it’s only 8 minutes a night and TB has great numbers throughout the season... they had put a lot of effort into his development and you can’t fault them for believing in their guy”

Meanwhile Jackson, Noah, etc will be collecting dust for the clips but will be ready in case their is an injury emergency.

When TB is -100 in the playoffs in his short 8 minutes a night... jazz media will be like “well no one thought TB would be that big of a factor... it’s only 8 minutes a night and TB has great numbers throughout the season... they had put a lot of effort into his development and you can’t fault them for believing in their guy”

Meanwhile Jackson, Noah, etc will be collecting dust for the clips but will be ready in case their is an injury emergency.
So what happens in the scenario the Jazz sign Noah and he is -100 anyways? Or injuries happen and he sucks for Clippers? What's the word then?

our best shot was josh jackson at deadline but we missed it. especially after tonight everyone will miss having someone to guard tatum

I feel like the FO has been more aggresive than I can ever remember. I wonder if the recent slump by the team affected the ability to sign guys since it would be tough to sell this squad as a contender based on recent past. I was kind of surprised we didn't. Also might be that they preferred roster guys to what was out there. Have the beat writers had anything to say about it?

I like Noah but I also liked Ed Davis coming here. Noah is a great hustle guy but he has no offensive game whatsoever (at some point he was a decent passer from the top of the key tough). Also, he is a FA so perhaps he didn't want to come here to begin with and was holding out for a call from either of the LA teams/Bucks.

Easy to criticize the FO. But perhaps they didn't like Noah or Noah didn't like us.

I like Noah but I also liked Ed Davis coming here. Noah is a great hustle guy but he has no offensive game whatsoever (at some point he was a decent passer from the top of the key tough). Also, he is a FA so perhaps he didn't want to come here to begin with and was holding out for a call from either of the LA teams/Bucks.

Easy to criticize the FO. But perhaps they didn't like Noah or Noah didn't like us.
It doesn't matter at this point because we've won 5 games and Bradley has played passable enough for the FO to view it as out-of-sight, out-of-mind. We'll rediscover this issue in the playoffs, but for now we're content.

It doesn't matter at this point because we've won 5 games and Bradley has played passable enough for the FO to view it as out-of-sight, out-of-mind. We'll rediscover this issue in the playoffs, but for now we're content.
We are rolling with Tony... While he has shown improvement, there are still those moments where you can't get Rudy back on the floor fast enough. Detroit second half was one of them. I haven't looked at the numbers but he seems to be committing less fouls. In the playoffs when we are scouted and facing completely prepared teams it could get really ugly. At this point our bed is made here... we gets to lay in that **** now.

I'm not saying Bradley is the answer, at all. He will probably be unplayable during the playoffs. I'm making a point about how people assume that there was mutual interest in Noah or that the FO was too lazy to address a glaring hole on defense. Ideally, we would have gotten a switchy 4 who could also play small ball 5. But we burnt most of our assets with Clarkson (and previously Conley) to make a significant move during trade deadline. On the other hand, guys who were available in the buyout market (and who could move the needle for us) just choose the big time contenders. In any case, there is a possibility we see some Morgan during the playoffs, depending on matchups.

I'm not saying Bradley is the answer, at all. He will probably be unplayable during the playoffs. I'm making a point about how people assume that there was mutual interest in Noah or that the FO was too lazy to address a glaring hole on defense. Ideally, we would have gotten a switchy 4 who could also play small ball 5. But we burnt most of our assets with Clarkson (and previously Conley) to make a significant move during trade deadline. On the other hand, guys who were available in the buyout market (and who could move the needle for us) just choose the big time contenders. In any case, there is a possibility we see some Morgan during the playoffs, depending on matchups.
The last couple of games he played with the Stars was less than impressive.